Sad But True

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZummerSoltice

Forum Expert
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
As a pro-reform, an advocate for federalism and charter change, I have consistently supported the amendment of certain aspects of the 1987 Constitution that may no longer be applicable today, particularly the protectionist provisions.

The elimination of the 60-40 foreign direct investment rule (Article XII) would, in my view, significantly benefit Filipinos by attracting more foreign investors, thereby generating additional employment opportunities.

I am into helping the poor especially that this government hasn’t done something to resolve inflation, etc.

I appreciate the current movement towards People's Initiatives (PI). However, it is crucial to adhere to the constitutional procedures for it to be considered valid. These procedures exclude practices such as buying signatures or providing incentives to sign the petitions.

Regrettably, the ongoing situation contradicts these principles. In a short span of time, a considerable number of signatures have been amassed, facilitated through questionable means such as buying them under the guise of financial assistance— misleading individuals about the true nature of the initiative.

My opposition arises from the belief that People's Initiative (PI) can be a positive instrument if executed in accordance with constitutional guidelines, recognizing that the Constitution stands as the supreme law of the land— surpassing the authority of Congress.

The House of Representatives is not the Constitution. Dapat hindi sila mag hari-harian dito sa bansa dahil representante lamang sila at tayo ang nagbabayad ng kanilang sahod at sa atin nanggagaling ang perang pwede nilang e corrupt.

I asked one neighbor who signed the PI, “Unya ‘te unsa imong nasabtan sa People’s Inititative?”
(Anung naiintindihan nyo po sa PI?)

She answered, “kuan sir uy ana sila nga permi nami magka AICS kung madayon ni.”
(Kuan sir, palagi na daw kaming merong AICS-Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation, kung matutuloy ang PI.)

This is so disheartening to hear. Most of them are ignorant about what’s happening. It was not even discussed with them which provisions are changed.

What is more disheartening is the fact that when questioned about this matter, the president himself only said “Pero sa pagkakaalam ko, wala namang ganoon.”

This expressed ignorance is alarming and this is exactly the reason why I support the call for BBM to resign because the way I see it— he is not doing his job.

Imagine you are the president and you are unaware? Meaning you are not on top of everything.

“Mr. President, kung wala kay gugma ug aspirations sa imong nasud— RESIGN!”
(Mr President kung wala kang pagmamahal at aspirasyon sa bansa- Resign)

same sentiments but im not into bbm's resignation. why? who would succeed him? you think that power hungry house speaker will allow sara to be the next president? i highly doubt it.

Is there anybody here who can lead this country out from poverty to prosperity easily as you might be thinking? If none then shut the **** up. You know nothing.

Is there anybody here who can lead this country out from poverty to prosperity easily as you might be thinking? If none then shut the **** up. You know nothing.
As if you know everything 🤣

Ang daming fans ni tambaloslos...Dyosko...

Status
Not open for further replies.