What's new

Help Which is better, home schooling or going to an actual school

shysimarie

Grasshopper
My brother have a kid which is about to attend school this up coming school year but he and his wife is still undecided if they'll going to enroll their daughter in an actual school or they will just do the home schooling. Eh nung pandemic ok lang yun kasi no choice tlg , pero now kasi, what do you think guys?

Deciding between homeschooling and sending a child to an actual school is a significant choice that requires careful consideration. While the decision ultimately depends on the specific needs and circumstances of the child and family, I can provide some insights to help your brother make an informed decision.

One advantage of traditional schooling is the socialization aspect. Children interact with peers, develop social skills, and learn to navigate different social situations. They can also participate in extracurricular activities, which can enhance their personal growth and interests. Additionally, attending school allows children to learn from different teachers who specialize in various subjects, providing a well-rounded education.

On the other hand, homeschooling offers unique benefits. The flexibility it provides allows for personalized instruction tailored to the child's learning style, pace, and interests. Homeschooling can also foster a closer parent-child relationship and enable parents to instill their values and beliefs in the educational process. Moreover, homeschooling eliminates concerns about bullying, peer pressure, and negative influences that can be present in a traditional school environment.

Considerations for your brother and his wife include their availability, skills, and resources to take on the responsibility of homeschooling. They should also assess their child's personality, learning style, and any specific educational needs. Additionally, they may want to research the legal requirements for homeschooling in their jurisdiction and connect with local homeschooling communities for support and guidance.

It is worth noting that the pandemic has brought attention to the benefits and challenges of both homeschooling and traditional schooling. Many families have discovered that homeschooling can be a viable option, while others are eager for their children to return to a structured school environment.

Ultimately, your brother and his wife should weigh the pros and cons of both options and prioritize what they believe is best for their daughter's academic, social, and emotional development. It may also be helpful for them to discuss their concerns and considerations with other parents, educators, and professionals to gather multiple perspectives before making a final decision.

I still prefer actual face to face classes. Socialization builds learners character and independence towards learning.
Yeah, but i think one of the reasons why my brother is considering the home schooling is because they live in an area where once it rains there's a high possibility of flooding. But yeah i agree, to build the socializing skills

Why not do both? Enroll the child in actual school and hired a tutor for private schooling during summer vacation.
magastos po heheheehehe 😅 😅 😅 atsaka hnd ba magsasawa ang bata kapg kahit summer eh may tutor pa....

Yeah, but i think one of the reasons why my brother is considering the home schooling is because they live in an area where once it rains there's a high possibility of flooding. But yeah i agree, to build the socializing skills

magastos po heheheehehe 😅 😅 😅 atsaka hnd ba magsasawa ang bata kapg kahit summer eh may tutor pa....
Depende sa attitude at motivation ng bata towards learning.

face-to-face is still the best for the basic education because kids has yet to learn the learning skills, they still need heavy supervision to learn, they cannot learn on their own yet, though parents can teach but they are not trained and constantly evaluated for their effectiveness as compared to real teachers

in higher education, this time it can be done online since students already have their learning techniques which enable them to learn independently

face-to-face is still the best for the basic education because kids has yet to learn the learning skills, they still need heavy supervision to learn, they cannot learn on their own yet, though parents can teach but they are not trained and constantly evaluated for their effectiveness as compared to real teachers

in higher education, this time it can be done online since students already have their learning techniques which enable them to learn independently
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, highly appreciated 🥰