What's new

Tutorial Notion R281 OpenWrt Test Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check /etc/gcom/ncm.json, that's where we need the correct commands for the modem.
meron ako log dito ng AT command nya.
hindi ko alam kung alin dito yung importanting command
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Screenshot_2022-08-04-15-50-06-20.jpg

Attachments

Yes you can try tftpboot-ing images, but I don't need to do that, when I could git clone the Openwrt repo and view the device tree files and image makefiles of those images, and select from them the most suitable values for this device.

Have you tried porting the device yourself? Because if you have, then you would already know answer to your question regarding the pcie section of the device tree I'm using, which is very common among devices under the same soc.
hi sir, i want to try this openwrt firmware. but unfortunately, my version is 5.2 with baseband 3.1. do you know
the cpi login and password? because I want to backup first the stock mtd of my modem. hope you could help me. thanks.

Last edited:
Hi bjarnco32 thanks for this openwrt firmware its great contribution for this community..

I have Bricked r281 pldt variant I flashed wrong firmware to mtd4 partition not sure what wrong with it only some led indictor lights up but nothing recognized to my pc.. even tftp flash method not working because it was recently updated to 4.3 and downgrade 4.2

hoping is there some way to flash a working tftp bootloader through serial ttl.

Last edited:
Hi bjarnco32 thanks for this openwrt firmware its great contribution for this community..

I have Bricked r281 pldt variant I flashed wrong firmware to mtd4 partition not sure what wrong with it only some led indictor lights up but nothing recognized to my pc.. even tftp flash method not working because it was recently updated to 4.3 and downgrade 4.2

You're welcome.

Yes there's a way to have a working bootloader, and not the castrated one from the latest update. You just need to have a dump of the bootloader before the upgrade. If you have this, then you can flash this back to your unit.

If not, then you should find one. Do note that bootloader flashing may be risky and could render your device dead, like a motherboard with a corrupted BIOS.

I have one but it's from a Smartbro 5.2 unit. I'm not sure how different it may be vs PLDT 4.2.

You're welcome.

Yes there's a way to have a working bootloader, and not the castrated one from the latest update. You just need to have a dump of the bootloader before the upgrade. If you have this, then you can flash this back to your unit.

If not, then you should find one. Do note that bootloader flashing may be risky and could render your device dead, like a motherboard with a corrupted BIOS.

I have one but it's from a Smartbro 5.2 unit. I'm not sure how different it may be vs PLDT 4.2.
If i manage to get pldt 4.2 working tftp bootloader dump,, how I should flash it? is there any method documentation
guides you can share with me?

I got nothing to lose here better than not trying hehe..

If i manage to get pldt 4.2 working tftp bootloader dump,, how I should flash it? is there any method documentation
guides you can share with me?

I got nothing to lose here better than not trying hehe..
You just need to issue

Code:
mtd write /path/to/bootloader.file /dev/mtd1

In stock firmware. Be sure to check that it is flashed correctly before you reboot.

r281 is unbrickable on the router side unless the bootloader is messed up. if yuo made error on flashing the firmware partitons, e.g. mtd4 just change the layout indicated in the first page. it will boot on the working partiton as opposed to the damaged one.

r281 is unbrickable on the router side unless the bootloader is messed up. if yuo made error on flashing the firmware partitons, e.g. mtd4 just change the layout indicated in the first page. it will boot on the working partiton as opposed to the damaged one.
im sure walang issue ang bootloader paps.. kasi may mga led indicator pa wifi, cell, lan at power kaso unknownetwork na sya sa PC hindi mapag tfpd unbriked method, na remove kasi dahil sa update.. ano na lang pwede nito serial ttl?

im sure walang issue ang bootloader paps.. kasi may mga led indicator pa wifi, cell, lan at power kaso unknownetwork na sya sa PC hindi mapag tfpd unbriked method, na remove kasi dahil sa update.. ano na lang pwede nito serial ttl?
Oo boss. usb to ttl yan tapos gawin mo nasa firstpage

bjarnco32 I want to know if possible to flash the stock r281 firmware with the method you wrote through serial ttl?

(GND) (RX) (TX) APTX

Baud rate is 57600.

1. Connect the computer to the device via ethernet cable.
Set a static adddress of 10.10.10.3/24 to the wired interface.
2. Start the TFTP server, point it to where the initramfs image is
located. Rename the image to 'test.bin'.
3. Turn on the device. There will be a three-second delay before the
default 'Boot system code via flash' is selected.
4. Interrupt the boot process by pressing 1 to 'System Load Linux to
SDRAM via TFTP'.
5. Press enter to accept the default 'Input device IP (10.10.10.123)'.
6. Press enter to accept the default 'Input server IP (10.10.10.3)'.
7. Press enter to accept the default 'Input Linux Kernel filename ()',
or enter 'test.bin'.
8. Wait for the initramfs to load.
9. Reconnect the wired interface to any LAN ports of the device
via dhcp.

I just simply rename the pldt stock firmware to test.bin?

bjarnco32 I want to know if possible to flash the stock r281 firmware with the method you wrote through serial ttl?

(GND) (RX) (TX) APTX

Baud rate is 57600.

1. Connect the computer to the device via ethernet cable.
Set a static adddress of 10.10.10.3/24 to the wired interface.
2. Start the TFTP server, point it to where the initramfs image is
located. Rename the image to 'test.bin'.
3. Turn on the device. There will be a three-second delay before the
default 'Boot system code via flash' is selected.
4. Interrupt the boot process by pressing 1 to 'System Load Linux to
SDRAM via TFTP'.
5. Press enter to accept the default 'Input device IP (10.10.10.123)'.
6. Press enter to accept the default 'Input server IP (10.10.10.3)'.
7. Press enter to accept the default 'Input Linux Kernel filename ()',
or enter 'test.bin'.
8. Wait for the initramfs to load.
9. Reconnect the wired interface to any LAN ports of the device
via dhcp.

I just simply rename the pldt stock firmware to test.bin?
yes boss pede yan

Since OpenWRT na ang firmware ng AP, pwede kaya to palitan ng OpenWRT-well supported LTE module?

1660054368214.png

Ano po kaya ang problem nito? after flashing sysupgrade bin.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ano po kaya ang problem nito? after flashing sysupgrade bin.
Please read the instructions carefully, particularly point number 1 on the first post, which is the issue you are experiencing if you didn't read this point.

Since OpenWRT na ang firmware ng AP, pwede kaya to palitan ng OpenWRT-well supported LTE module?
It's not that easy to replicate the same port on the LTE module, particularly because of the closed-source drivers from the manufacturer-customized OpenWrt build, and the lack of documentation on the modem functions and implementations.

Last edited:
1660057161690.png

I checked the layout of my modem before flashing the openWRT earlier, and I have reflashed again the modem with the stock firmware. Also, double checked the flash layout of my modem (PLDT variant). I assumed it is ready to migrate to OpenWRT.

May na-miss po ba akong config/instruction?

EDIT: I was able to flash OpenWRT after reflashing back to PLDT stock firmware, then flashed it again with OpenWRT.

Thank you so much, bjarnco32.

Attachments

Last edited:
View attachment 2076908
I checked the layout of my modem before flashing the openWRT earlier, and I have reflashed again the modem with the stock firmware. Also, double checked the flash layout of my modem (PLDT variant). I assumed it is ready to migrate to OpenWRT.

May na-miss po ba akong config/instruction?

EDIT: I was able to flash OpenWRT after reflashing back to PLDT stock firmware, then flashed it again with OpenWRT.

Thank you so much, bjarnco32.
Data connect is fully working ?

Data connect is fully working ?
No, I'm just using my R281 as a router.

I also found out that the sqm-qos is not supported in this kernel version, which is the main reason why I wanted to install OpenWRT. Is there a way to get around with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.