What's new

NEED HELP - NEED TO UPGRADE LAPTOP BUT NO CAN'T BUY NEW MODEL YET

takk28

Leecher
Hello,

Please refer to the image.

Because of the nature of my work, need ko mag open ng 60 or more browser tabs. Hindi siya kaya ng Laptop ko. Wala pa ako pera to buy a better model.

Php 8-10k ang budget ko. Diko alam if sapat na yan for desktop or if bili na lang ako ng RAM (1 of 2 pa lang yung gamit).

Sobrang konti ng alam ko sa device & hardware kaya di ako maka buo ng informed decision.

Salamat in advance.

Screenshot_56.png

Attachments

Hello,

I understand your situation and I'm here to help. With a budget of Php 8-10k, it might be challenging to build a desktop that can handle opening 60 or more browser tabs simultaneously. However, there are a few options you can consider within your budget:

1. Upgrade RAM: Since you mentioned that you are currently using only 1 out of 2 RAM slots, adding another RAM stick can help improve your laptop's multitasking capabilities. Make sure to check the type and speed of your current RAM before purchasing a compatible one.

2. SSD Upgrade: If your laptop does not have an SSD (Solid State Drive) installed, upgrading to an SSD can significantly improve the overall performance of your laptop, especially in terms of faster boot times and quicker application loading.

3. External Monitor: Consider using an external monitor with your laptop to expand your screen real estate. This can help you organize and manage multiple browser tabs more efficiently.

4. Browser Optimization: Make sure to use a lightweight browser and optimize its settings for performance. Consider using browser extensions like The Great Suspender to automatically suspend inactive tabs and free up system resources.

If you decide to go for a desktop within your budget, you may need to look for second-hand components or consider building a basic system with integrated graphics. Keep in mind that a desktop setup may also require additional peripherals like a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

If you need further assistance or specific recommendations based on your laptop's specifications, feel free to provide more details, and I'll be happy to help. Good luck with your upgrade!

unahin mo muna ts yung ram. ang 8 gb parang hindi na adequate para sa tasks na gagawin mo lalo na sa dami ng tabs na nakabukas sa browser mo. upgrade mo sa 16gb or mas mainam na 32gb. 32gb ang pinaka kaya ng laptop mo ayon sa intel. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Tapos kapag may budget ka ulit, upgrade ka ng mas mabilis na SSD. Sa tingin ko low quality at low speed SSD ang nakakakabit sa laptop mo.