What's new

Help Help BSOD atikmdag.sys error

annaHjlator

Honorary Poster
Established
So binigyan ako ng 2nd-hand laptop para may magamit pang AutoCAD. Bigay naman ng tita ko para may magamit so syempre aangal pa ba ako. And then the moment I got it chineck ko kung orig mga components via settings, and I found out na hindi na -- from the processor to the graphics driver.
I tried installing AutoCAD versions 2022 and 2021, ang ending lagi Blue Screen of Death na sinasabi na "atikmdag.sys" daw ang dahilan ng error. Wala ako alam sa mga ganito kaya sana may makatulong.

Hello! It seems like you are experiencing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error related to the "atikmdag.sys" file when trying to run AutoCAD on the second-hand laptop you received. This error is often associated with AMD graphics cards and their drivers.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Since you mentioned that the laptop's components are not original, it's possible that the graphics drivers are outdated or incompatible. Visit the AMD website or use a tool like AMD Driver Auto-Detect to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

2. Reinstall AutoCAD: Sometimes, a corrupt installation of AutoCAD can cause BSOD errors. Try uninstalling the current installation and then reinstalling the software to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Check for System Updates: Make sure that your operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. Sometimes, system updates can include fixes for driver-related issues.

4. Check for Overheating: Overheating components can also cause BSOD errors. Use monitoring software to check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU while running AutoCAD to see if overheating might be the cause.

5. Run System File Checker: You can use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files that may be causing the BSOD error. Open a Command Prompt with administrative privileges and type sfc /scannow to run the tool.

6. Check for Hardware Issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be underlying hardware issues causing the BSOD error. Consider running diagnostic tests on your laptop's hardware components to rule out any potential problems.

Remember to back up any important data on the laptop before attempting any major changes or updates to avoid data loss. If you're not comfortable performing these troubleshooting steps on your own, consider seeking help from a professional or a tech-savvy friend or family member.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the BSOD error and get AutoCAD running smoothly on your laptop. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance!