What's new

Closed Ms outlook reset my password

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaowen

Enthusiast
Reaction
I have MS Outlook. Some days ago, I settled new password for my .pst file. Today I opened MS Outlook and it popped me up a message that I have to enter password. I forgot to save it to notepad. Obviously, I'm in trouble. What to do? I am using MS Outlook 2007.

I know only two way to help you... First it ScanPST and second is various resources from Microsoft communities.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) is a utility that you can use in this case to repair your damaged archive.pst. It is highly recommended that you backup the damaged PST first as running the tool can irreparably damage the file.
  • 1. Quit the application
  • 2. Scanpst.exe is a hidden file so make sure that the 'Show hidden files and folders' setting is enabled in the folder options
  • 3. Click Start | Search, or Find and type 'Scanpst.exe' in the Search box
  • 4. Double-click to open the file and browse to the location of your damaged archive.pst
  • 5. Click 'Start' to start the recovery process
  • 6. Try to open the file in question again. The corruption problem should not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back