What's new

Help Excel Vlookup Problem

Mr DarkDonut

Forum Veteran
Elite
Can anyone help me regarding this so dalawang sheet kase gamit ko yung isa input ng data so yung isang sheet doon ko kinukuha kaso kapag gumagamit ako ng vlookup sa pag input ng data sa isang sheet ganito sinasabi even thought tama naman yung formula ko.

help2.png help3.png help1.0.png

Attachments

I understand that you are facing an issue with using VLOOKUP function in Excel to retrieve data from one sheet to another. It seems like you are encountering an error message even though you believe your formula is correct.

To help you resolve this problem, I need more specific information about the error message you are receiving, as well as the formulas you are using. Nevertheless, I can provide you with some general troubleshooting steps that might help you identify and fix the issue:

1. Check the syntax of your VLOOKUP formula: The syntax of the VLOOKUP function should be: =VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, [range_lookup]). Ensure that you have provided the correct arguments in the formula.
- The lookup_value is the value you want to look up.
- The table_array is the range of cells where you want to search for the lookup value, including the column containing the lookup value and the column from which you want to retrieve the data.
- The col_index_num is the number of the column within the table_array from which you want to retrieve the data.
- The range_lookup is an optional argument that specifies whether you want an exact match (FALSE or 0) or an approximate match (TRUE or 1).

2. Verify the data types: Ensure that the data types of the lookup value and the column containing the lookup value in the table array match. For example, if the lookup value is a number, the column containing the lookup value should also be formatted as a number, not text.

3. Check for leading/trailing spaces: Extra spaces before or after the values in the lookup column can cause mismatches. Use the TRIM function to remove any leading or trailing spaces from the values.

4. Confirm the range of the table array: Make sure that the table array in the VLOOKUP formula covers the correct range of cells. It should include the column containing the lookup value and the column from which you want to retrieve the data.

5. Ensure the lookup value exists in the lookup column: Double-check that the lookup value you are searching for exists in the lookup column. If it does not exist, the VLOOKUP function will return an error.

6. Consider using absolute references: If you are copying the VLOOKUP formula to other cells, consider using absolute references ($) for the table array, column index number, or both. This will ensure that the references do not change when the formula is copied to other cells.

I hope these troubleshooting steps help you resolve the issue. If you can provide more specific details or examples, I would be happy to assist you further.

i can't say po kase na mali kase same formula lang po ginamit ko kanina at tsaka sa co worker ko po sa part lang po ng akin ayaw lumabas ng data

ayaw pa den talaga haha
nawala kasi ung lookup_value mo which is ung B2 kaya ayaw gumana ng formula. na highlight sya before mo kunin ung table array mo kaya na replace sya which is dapat hindi. ang naging lookup_value mo is ung table array

nawala kasi ung lookup_value mo which is ung B2 kaya ayaw gumana ng formula. na highlight sya before mo kunin ung table array mo kaya na replace sya which is dapat hindi. ang naging lookup_value mo is ung table array
any solution po medyo lutang na talaga ako haha napaka sabaw ng utak ko now

dapat ganito ang formula mo:

=VLOOKUP(B2,'[1 July 23 to July 29,2023 Texmex (2).xlsx]vlookup'!$H:$AB,21,FALSE) OR =VLOOKUP(B2,'[1 July 23 to July 29,2023 Texmex (2).xlsx]vlookup'!$H:$AB,21,0)

sa video mo nawala yung B2 (lookup_value)