What's new

Ano benefits ng pag change ng imei?

Some Disadvantages of changing your phones IMEI number:

1. It is îllégâl in some countries:
Changing of phones imei is very îllégâl in many countries... Although I don't know if my beloved country Nigeria is included in those countries since I haven't heard of any court case regarding imei cloning or something related.
You can You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. in Africa or Asia and get Scot free, but if you're caught changing your imei in Europe, you will be locked up In chainsss.

2. It may damage your device:
Since Imei numbers are hard-coded into device system, it is likely to damage your device when you try to change them.
Sometime, I wonder if this information is really true.. Some Chinese device doesn't obey this law at all. Maybe the chin chongs didn't hard-code their imei numbers into their devices after all... You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. is as easy as loading a recharge card.
It is almost risk free.

3. You lost true ownership or right to your device:
When you buy a new phone, the seller always ensure to write down the imei number of the phone to the receipt.
In my own knowledge, I believe they write down the imei to your receipt so you'd be able to claim your phone if its stolen and found.
I don't really know how to explain this but this example will..
Assuming u buy a device and change the imei, and then within 2-3 weeks the device gets stolen, you then rush and inform all your neighbours and friends to inform you if they find any Device that looks like yours in the hands of people you suspect.
If by the grace of God they find the device, you won't be able to claim it.
Yea, you won't be able to claim it since the device imei won't correlate
to the one you have in your receipt.
For sure the thief will win since you weren't able to provide that one unique source of true ownership.

Some Disadvantages of changing your phones IMEI number:

1. It is îllégâl in some countries:
Changing of phones imei is very îllégâl in many countries... Although I don't know if my beloved country Nigeria is included in those countries since I haven't heard of any court case regarding imei cloning or something related.
You can You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. in Africa or Asia and get Scot free, but if you're caught changing your imei in Europe, you will be locked up In chainsss.

2. It may damage your device:
Since Imei numbers are hard-coded into device system, it is likely to damage your device when you try to change them.
Sometime, I wonder if this information is really true.. Some Chinese device doesn't obey this law at all. Maybe the chin chongs didn't hard-code their imei numbers into their devices after all... You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. is as easy as loading a recharge card.
It is almost risk free.

3. You lost true ownership or right to your device:
When you buy a new phone, the seller always ensure to write down the imei number of the phone to the receipt.
In my own knowledge, I believe they write down the imei to your receipt so you'd be able to claim your phone if its stolen and found.
I don't really know how to explain this but this example will..
Assuming u buy a device and change the imei, and then within 2-3 weeks the device gets stolen, you then rush and inform all your neighbours and friends to inform you if they find any Device that looks like yours in the hands of people you suspect.
If by the grace of God they find the device, you won't be able to claim it.
Yea, you won't be able to claim it since the device imei won't correlate
to the one you have in your receipt.
For sure the thief will win since you weren't able to provide that one unique source of true ownership.
its the best answer po knowing all the pros and cons po try to research some info po sa google for a 2nd opinion kc device mo nman yan eh...