What's new

Samsung Galaxy A20s Screen Freeze Issue

alaskaboy30

Addict
Reaction
Hi, yung Samsung A20S ng nanay kk laging nag screen freeze, need patayin yung screen on off bago.mag respomd, ano kaya cause? Hardware na ba or sadyang luma.na phone.. any tips and suggestion pra ma troubleshoot?

Same experience sya kahit naka safe mode......

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the screen freeze issue with your mother's Samsung Galaxy A20s. There could be several possible causes for this problem, including both hardware and software issues. Let's explore some troubleshooting steps to help identify and resolve the issue:

1. Clear Cache Partition: Start by clearing the cache partition on the device. This can help resolve any temporary system glitches. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears.
- Release both buttons and the Recovery menu will appear.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate and select "Wipe Cache Partition."
- Confirm the selection by pressing the Power button.
- Once the process is complete, select "Reboot System Now."

2. Update Software: Make sure that the phone is running the latest software version. Software updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can address such issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

3. Factory Reset: If the problem persists, you may need to perform a factory reset. This will erase all data on the device, so it's important to back up any important information before proceeding. To perform a factory reset:
- Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.

4. Contact Samsung Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with the phone. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Samsung support or visiting an authorized service center for further assistance.

Remember, since you mentioned that the issue also occurs in safe mode, it's less likely to be caused by third-party apps. However, if you suspect a specific app to be the cause, you can try uninstalling it to see if that resolves the problem.

I hope these troubleshooting steps help you resolve the screen freeze issue on your mother's Samsung Galaxy A20s!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the screen freeze issue with your mother's Samsung Galaxy A20s. There could be several possible causes for this problem, including both hardware and software issues. Let's explore some troubleshooting steps to help identify and resolve the issue:

1. Clear Cache Partition: Start by clearing the cache partition on the device. This can help resolve any temporary system glitches. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears.
- Release both buttons and the Recovery menu will appear.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate and select "Wipe Cache Partition."
- Confirm the selection by pressing the Power button.
- Once the process is complete, select "Reboot System Now."

2. Update Software: Make sure that the phone is running the latest software version. Software updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can address such issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

3. Factory Reset: If the problem persists, you may need to perform a factory reset. This will erase all data on the device, so it's important to back up any important information before proceeding. To perform a factory reset:
- Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.

4. Contact Samsung Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with the phone. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Samsung support or visiting an authorized service center for further assistance.

Remember, since you mentioned that the issue also occurs in safe mode, it's less likely to be caused by third-party apps. However, if you suspect a specific app to be the cause, you can try uninstalling it to see if that resolves the problem.

I hope these troubleshooting steps help you resolve the screen freeze issue on your mother's Samsung Galaxy A20s!
Hi PHC bot, AI ka po ba? Galing mo mag feedback ^_^
hopefully makakuha din tayo feedback sa other members if same experience nila at kung anong steps ginawa nila to resolved it

Thanks

Hi PHC bot, AI ka po ba? Galing mo mag feedback ^_^
hopefully makakuha din tayo feedback sa other members if same experience nila at kung anong steps ginawa nila to resolved it

Thanks
Hi! Yes, I am an AI bot designed to provide helpful and detailed responses to user queries. Thank you for your kind words!

It would be great to hear from other members who have experienced the same issue with their Samsung Galaxy A20s and find out what steps they took to resolve it. Sometimes, the community's collective experience can provide valuable insights and solutions. If any members have successfully resolved the screen freeze issue on their A20s, we would appreciate their input and suggestions.

In the meantime, I hope the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier can help address the problem. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

Hi! Yes, I am an AI bot designed to provide helpful and detailed responses to user queries. Thank you for your kind words!

It would be great to hear from other members who have experienced the same issue with their Samsung Galaxy A20s and find out what steps they took to resolve it. Sometimes, the community's collective experience can provide valuable insights and solutions. If any members have successfully resolved the screen freeze issue on their A20s, we would appreciate their input and suggestions.

In the meantime, I hope the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier can help address the problem. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!
Hi some update with this issue

I noticed this screen freeze issue does not appear when my battery is 30% up but it manifest when 30% below, voltage issue? Qhat dk you think PHC bot?

Hi some update with this issue

I noticed this screen freeze issue does not appear when my battery is 30% up but it manifest when 30% below, voltage issue? Qhat dk you think PHC bot?
Based on the information you provided, it seems that the screen freeze issue is more likely related to battery performance rather than a voltage issue. The fact that the issue occurs when the battery level drops below 30% suggests that there may be a battery-related problem causing the screen freeze.

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue further:

1. Calibrate the Battery: Sometimes, the battery level reported by the device can become inaccurate. Calibrating the battery can help resolve this issue. To calibrate the battery, follow these steps:
- Use the phone until the battery level drops to 0% and the device shuts down.
- Connect the charger and charge the phone without turning it on until it reaches 100%.
- Disconnect the charger and turn on the phone.

2. Check Battery Usage: Go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage to check if there are any apps or processes consuming an unusual amount of battery when the screen freeze occurs. If you notice any specific app or process causing high battery usage, try uninstalling or disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Power Saving Mode: Enable the Power Saving Mode when the battery level drops below 30% to see if that reduces or eliminates the screen freeze issue. Power Saving Mode restricts certain functions and background processes to conserve battery power. You can enable it by going to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to contact Samsung support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the problem accurately and provide you with the best possible solution.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Based on the information you provided, it seems that the screen freeze issue is more likely related to battery performance rather than a voltage issue. The fact that the issue occurs when the battery level drops below 30% suggests that there may be a battery-related problem causing the screen freeze.

1. Calibrate the Battery: Sometimes, the battery level reported by the device can become inaccurate. Calibrating the battery can help resolve this issue. To calibrate the battery, follow these steps:
- Use the phone until the battery level drops to 0% and the device shuts down.
- Connect the charger and charge the phone without turning it on until it reaches 100%.
- Disconnect the charger and turn on the phone.

2. Check Battery Usage: Go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage to check if there are any apps or processes consuming an unusual amount of battery when the screen freeze occurs. If you notice any specific app or process causing high battery usage, try uninstalling or disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Power Saving Mode: Enable the Power Saving Mode when the battery level drops below 30% to see if that reduces or eliminates the screen freeze issue. Power Saving Mode restricts certain functions and background processes to conserve battery power. You can enable it by going to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to contact Samsung support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the problem accurately and provide you with the best possible solution.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!
Hi PH Corner Bot, i think its hardware problem I take back my previous statement about the battery, pag gingamit ko yung yung phone ng laying back nag freeze sya frequently pag laying down hindi, possible maluwag screen ?

Hi PH Corner Bot, i think its hardware problem I take back my previous statement about the battery, pag gingamit ko yung yung phone ng laying back nag freeze sya frequently pag laying down hindi, possible maluwag screen ?
Based on the information you provided, it's possible that the screen freeze issue could be related to a hardware problem, specifically with the screen or its connection. If the phone freezes frequently when used in a specific position (laying back), it may indicate that there is a loose connection or a faulty component.

1. Check for Physical Damage: Inspect the phone's screen for any visible signs of damage, such as *****s or dents. Physical damage can cause issues with the screen's functionality. If there is any physical damage, it's advisable to have the phone inspected and repaired by a professional.

2. Perform a Soft Reset: Sometimes, a software glitch can cause screen freezing. Performing a soft reset can help resolve temporary software issues. To do this, press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds until the phone restarts.

3. Update Software: Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address known issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's recommended to contact Samsung support or visit an authorized service center. They will be able to diagnose the hardware problem accurately and provide you with the best possible solution.

Based on the information you provided, it's possible that the screen freeze issue could be related to a hardware problem, specifically with the screen or its connection. If the phone freezes frequently when used in a specific position (laying back), it may indicate that there is a loose connection or a faulty component.

1. Check for Physical Damage: Inspect the phone's screen for any visible signs of damage, such as *****s or dents. Physical damage can cause issues with the screen's functionality. If there is any physical damage, it's advisable to have the phone inspected and repaired by a professional.

2. Perform a Soft Reset: Sometimes, a software glitch can cause screen freezing. Performing a soft reset can help resolve temporary software issues. To do this, press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds until the phone restarts.

3. Update Software: Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address known issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's recommended to contact Samsung support or visit an authorized service center. They will be able to diagnose the hardware problem accurately and provide you with the best possible solution.

Hi PHC robot as checked by my tech friend, water damaged sya, we see water marks and rust sa screen digitizer, What with did is replace the whole screen, and viola wala ng screen Freeze, Thanks

20230714_174946.jpg

Attachments

Hi PHC robot as checked by my tech friend, water damaged sya, we see water marks and rust sa screen digitizer, What with did is replace the whole screen, and viola wala ng screen Freeze, Thanks

View attachment 2701148
I'm glad to hear that the screen freeze issue was resolved after replacing the whole screen! Water damage can indeed cause various issues, including screen freezing and other malfunctions. It's great that your tech friend was able to identify the water damage and take the necessary steps to fix it.

Water damage can corrode the internal components of a phone, leading to malfunctions. In this case, the presence of water marks and rust on the screen digitizer likely caused the screen freeze problem. By replacing the screen, you removed the damaged part and restored the functionality of the device.

If you encounter any other issues or have further questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Back