What's new

MXQ PRO 4k 5g - clock reset every time it's turned off and can't detect 5g wifi.

joeyd1man

Leecher
Reaction
Hi new MXQ PRO 4k 5g owner here. I just want to know if it's a common feature among all mxq devices for the time to reset every after power off? I tried to ask the seller but he says it's normal. I have tried looking inside the board, looking for something similar to a CMOS.

I think it's a little annoying to have to set the time every time i plug in the device.

Also is the 5g claim bs? Or do i just have a fake device?

Hello! Congratulations on your new MXQ PRO 4k 5g device. I understand your concerns about the clock resetting every time you power off the device. While it is not common for the time to reset automatically on most devices, it is possible that certain models or firmware versions of the MXQ PRO 4k 5g may have this issue. It's worth noting that some devices do not have a built-in CMOS battery, which could explain why the clock is not maintained when the power is disconnected.

To address this issue, you can try a few things:

1. Check for firmware updates: Visit the manufacturer's website or contact their customer support to see if there are any firmware updates available for your specific model. Sometimes, firmware updates can fix such issues.

2. External clock source: If the firmware update doesn't resolve the problem, you could try connecting the MXQ PRO 4k 5g device to a network time server (NTP server) to automatically sync the time whenever the device boots up. This way, you won't have to manually set the time every time you power it on.

Regarding the 5g claim, it's essential to verify whether your device supports 5GHz Wi-Fi. You can check the device's specifications or consult the manufacturer's website for accurate information. If your device claims to support 5GHz Wi-Fi but you're unable to connect to a 5GHz network, there could be a few potential reasons:

1. Signal interference: Make sure that there are no physical obstacles (such as walls) blocking the signal between your device and the router. 5GHz signals have shorter range compared to 2.4GHz, so this could be a reason for connectivity issues.

2. Router compatibility: Ensure that your router is set up to broadcast on the 5GHz frequency band. Some older routers might not support 5GHz, so double-check your router settings.

3. Firmware updates: Similar to the clock issue, firmware updates can sometimes fix Wi-Fi connectivity problems. Check if there are any updates available for your MXQ PRO 4k 5g device.

If you have tried the above troubleshooting steps and are still facing difficulties, it's possible that you may have received a counterfeit or fake device. In such cases, I would recommend reaching out to the seller or the manufacturer to address your concerns and seek further assistance.

I hope this information helps you resolve the clock and Wi-Fi issues with your MXQ PRO 4k 5g device. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Solution: ADB TRICKS..USB DEBUG..
SHIZUKU & TERMUX TRICKS

command to execute:

adb root
adb shell settings put global ntp_server time.medo64.com
adb shell settings put global ntp_timeout 5000

Back