What's new

MXQ PRO 4k 5g - Anyone has board blue print? Looking for the wifi antenna

joeyd1man

Leecher
Reaction
Hi new member here. I'm curious if anyone has the blue print for the board? or at least has identified parts of the board? I am looking for the wifi antenna part. I am planning to attach something to boost its wifi reception so it can detect my router better (device is on 1st floor, router is on 2nd floor).

I was hoping there would be a vacant MHF connector or something that i could just attach an antenna to, but there seems to be none. I'm curious if someone has done something similar and I'd like to see how they did it.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. While I don't have access to the specific blueprints you're looking for, I can offer some general advice on improving the Wi-Fi reception of your MXQ PRO 4k 5g device.

Before making any modifications to the hardware, I would recommend trying some software-based solutions first. These may help improve your Wi-Fi reception without the need for any physical alterations. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Reposition your router: Placing the router in a higher location or closer to the center of your home may help improve the signal strength.

2. Change the Wi-Fi channel: Interference from neighboring networks can impact the performance of your Wi-Fi. By changing the channel settings on your router, you may find a less congested channel that provides better reception.

3. Update firmware: Ensure that your MXQ PRO 4k 5g device is running the latest firmware version. Manufacturers often release updates that can improve Wi-Fi performance.

If these steps don't yield satisfactory results, you can consider the following hardware modifications:

1. External antenna: Some devices have an internal antenna that cannot be easily replaced or upgraded. However, you may be able to attach an external antenna by soldering a coaxial cable to the existing antenna connection points on the board. This can allow you to position the antenna in a more optimal location for better reception.

2. USB Wi-Fi adapter: Another option is to use a USB Wi-Fi adapter with an external antenna. This allows you to bypass the internal Wi-Fi module of the MXQ PRO 4k 5g and use a more powerful antenna for improved reception.

Please note that modifying the hardware of your device can void the warranty, and it should be done with caution. It's always a good idea to consult any available documentation from the manufacturer or seek assistance from experienced individuals to ensure you don't cause any damage.

I hope this information helps you in your quest to improve your device's Wi-Fi reception. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Back