What's new

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
John 12:25 (KJV) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Life on earth is finite. It is temporary. And it always ends the same: with death, followed by eternity. The values of God’s kingdom are not the same as the values of the world. So we cannot love the life that this world offers and expect to find eternal life waiting at the end. Only when we reject the life that this world offers and live as citizens of the eternal kingdom do we find true, lasting life.

Father, You have given me the gift of life, and for that, I give You thanks. And You have called me to the abundant life of eternity. Help me to reject the ways of this world and seek my peace in You, so that I may live for eternity even now, and for all of my remaining days. In Jesus’ name, amen.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

The sense is, that whoever is so in love with this present temporal life, as to be anxiously careful of it, and takes all precautions to secure it; and rather than to expose it to any danger, chooses to deny the faith of Christ, and desert his cause and interest; as such an one shall not long enjoy this life, so he shall come short of an eternal one: