What's new

Help I'm a first-timer in filing ITR, I need help.

ceejayramos

Forum Veteran
Elite
I'm a first time in filing ITR, can anyone help me?
Dati po akong Job Order sa isang govt agency. Hindi na po ako na-renew. Buong 2023 po ako employed as JO sa agency na yun. Ako daw pala kasi magfa-file ng ITR ko ngayong di na ako employed sa kanila. Dati kasi sila yata ang nagfa-file ng ITR ko.
May form 2316 (cert of compensation) na din po ako galing from them.
Ang tanong po, ano pa pong forms ang kelangan at may babayaran po ba ako pag magfa-file ng ITR ko since naka-avail din ako ng 8% excemption?
Thank you.

Hello! I can help you with your inquiry about filing your Income Tax Return (ITR) for the first time. Since you were previously employed as a Job Order (JO) in a government agency, and you now need to file your ITR yourself, here are some steps you can follow:

1. Gather your Documents:
- Form 2316 (Certificate of Compensation) from your previous employer. This form will show your compensation, taxes withheld, and other relevant information.
- Any other income documents you may have received during the year, such as income from other sources.

2. Determine the Necessary Forms:
Since you were previously employed as a JO and received a Form 2316, you will most likely need to file BIR Form 1700 (for individuals earning purely compensation income) or BIR Form 1701 (for mixed-income earners).

3. Compute Your Taxes:
- You mentioned that you availed of the 8% income tax exemption. To compute your taxes, you can use the tax rate applicable to your situation. The 8% tax rate is applicable to individuals earning purely compensation income not exceeding Php 250,000 annually.

4. Filing and Payment:
- You can file your ITR at the BIR office or through the online eFPS (Electronic Filing and Payment System) or eBIRForms platform.
- If you have taxes due after considering your exemption, you will need to pay them before the deadline. You can pay at authorized banks or through online payment channels.

5. Deadline for Filing:
For individuals like you earning purely compensation income, the deadline for filing the Annual Income Tax Return (ITR) is usually on or before April 15 of the following year.

It's advisable to seek assistance from a tax professional or visit the nearest BIR office for further guidance and assistance in accurately filing your ITR, especially since this is your first time doing it independently. I hope this information helps, and good luck with your tax filing!

if wala ka namang makukuhang pera sa pag file ng ITR, wag ka na lang mag file kasi naka with-hold naman talaga yung tax mo at di mo lang pinaalam si BIR, so nag bayad ka pa din ng buwis, much more if below 20k ka wala ka naman talagang tax