What's new

[Giraffe viral post on Facebook] Did you change your profile picture to a giraffe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardrr

Forum Master
Established
Reaction
Giraffe viral post on Facebook

Does anyone recognize this riddle?
This post has been spreading like wildfire all over Facebook and chances are,
you probably woke up wondering why your Facebook wall is filled with pictures of giraffes..
17228082-jpg.10425

Those poor souls unfortunately got the answer wrong and decided to play along with the riddle. .

But where did this post come from?

Online blogger Vernon Chan seems to think that this has some connection to a story from BBC back in 2012. A nine-month-old baby called Millie Elizabeth Josephine Thompson died from choking on food. Distraught, her parents set up the Millie’s Trust to raise awareness in Paediatric First Aid.

In a separate incident, a zoo called Chester Zoo celebrated the birth of a Rothschild giraffe, the world’s most endangered sub-species of giraffe on March 25, 2013. The zoo decided to name the rare giraffe calf, Millie, in memory of Millie Thompson, and Millie's Trust now supports Chester Zoo in efforts to raise funds for Millie the giraffe's upbringing.

We still don't see the connection to the riddle though, and neither does he. However, it does make for a decent story to tell your friends over lunch, and spread awareness about a good cause too!

Oh, and what's the answer to this riddle? Naw, we won't spoil it for you. Go ahead and think about it (it's obviously none of the options provided in the riddle), and put your answer in the comments!

Did you change your profile picture to a giraffe?

Attachments

If you’ve woken up baffled that your friends have mysteriously transformed into weird contorted giraffes (some are really quite cute) overnight, then this might be an eye-opener for you. The riddle started spreading like wildfire a couple of days ago, and I mostly ignored it until last night.

The riddle goes something like this (there are some variations but the essence of the riddle is the same):

So here’s the deal.

The deal is I give you a riddle. You get it right you get to keep your profile pic. You get it wrong and you change your profile pic to a Giraffe for the next 3 days.

MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY ONLY SO YOU DON’T GIVE OUT THE ANSWER.

Here is the riddle: 3:00 am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors, it’s your parents and they are there for breakfast. All you have is strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open? Remember… message me only. If you get it right I’ll post your name here. If you get it wrong, change your profile pic!

tinanong ako kanina ng gf ko, kagigising ko lang, nagulat cya bakit ko alam ang sagot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.