What's new

Help Windows 10 wifi sudden disappearing

neill1994

Addict
Established
mga sir paano po ayusin etong biglaang pagkawala ng wifi option habang nag brbrowse o naglalaro? need pa kasi i-reboot laptop para bumalik lang,, minsan matagal bago mawala minsan wala pang 5 minutes wala na naman .. nag download na po ako sa official asus website para sa latest network WLAN driver at na install ko na rin pero ganun parin ... kapag nawawala at hinahanap ko sa device manager biglang nasa "HIDDEN" ung driver ng Wifi driver...

eto ung mga pics
1.png
2.png

Attachments

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing sudden disappearing of the WiFi option on your laptop. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve it:

1. Update your Wi-Fi driver: You mentioned that you've already downloaded the latest WLAN driver from the official ASUS website and installed it. However, it's worth double-checking if you have the correct driver and if it's up to date. Sometimes, the driver installation process can be faulty, so it's recommended to uninstall the current driver completely and reinstall the updated version.

2. Check for any hardware issues: Ensure that the physical Wi-Fi adapter on your laptop is not loose or damaged. If possible, try reseating the adapter or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if the issue persists.

3. Disable power-saving mode for Wi-Fi: Sometimes, power-saving settings can cause the Wi-Fi adapter to turn off to conserve energy. To check this, go to the Power Options in the Control Panel, select your current power plan, and click on "Change plan settings." Look for the "Wireless Adapter Settings" and set it to "Maximum Performance" instead of "Maximum Power Saving."

4. Reset TCP/IP stack: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one:

Code:
   netsh winsock reset
   netsh int ip reset
   ipconfig /release
   ipconfig /renew

Restart your laptop after executing these commands and check if the Wi-Fi issue persists.

5. Disable and re-enable the Wi-Fi adapter: Go to the Device Manager, find the Wi-Fi adapter under the Network Adapters section, right-click on it, and select "Disable." Wait for a few seconds and then right-click on it again and select "Enable." This action may refresh the Wi-Fi adapter and bring back the option.

6. Perform a system restore: If none of the above steps work, you can try restoring your laptop to a previous state when the Wi-Fi was working fine. To do this, search for "System Restore" in the Start menu, open it, and follow the on-screen prompts to restore your system.

If the problem still persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact ASUS customer support or visit a service center for further assistance.

3. Disable power-saving mode for Wi-Fi: Sometimes, power-saving settings can cause the Wi-Fi adapter to turn off to conserve energy. To check this, go to the Power Options in the Control Panel, select your current power plan, and click on "Change plan settings." Look for the "Wireless Adapter Settings" and set it to "Maximum Performance" instead of "Maximum Power Saving."
theres no "Wireless Adapter Settings" on the change plan settings

theres no "Wireless Adapter Settings" on the change plan settings
Apologies for the confusion. It seems that the option to adjust the power-saving settings for the wireless adapter is not available in the Power Options menu on your laptop.

In that case, you can try the following alternative steps to disable power-saving mode for the Wi-Fi adapter:

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in the Start menu.
2. Expand the "Network adapters" category.
3. Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Properties."
4. In the Properties window, go to the "Power Management" tab.
5. Uncheck the option that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

This should prevent the Wi-Fi adapter from turning off to save power.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to consider contacting ASUS customer support or visiting a service center for further assistance.

Apologies for the confusion. It seems that the option to adjust the power-saving settings for the wireless adapter is not available in the Power Options menu on your laptop.

In that case, you can try the following alternative steps to disable power-saving mode for the Wi-Fi adapter:

4. In the Properties window, go to the "Power Management" tab.
5. Uncheck the option that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

This should prevent the Wi-Fi adapter from turning off to save power.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to consider contacting ASUS customer support or visiting a service center for further assistance.
Again, theres no "Power Management" tab on the properties of my Wi-fi Adapter

Again, theres no "Power Management" tab on the properties of my Wi-fi Adapter
I apologize for the confusion. It seems that the "Power Management" tab is not available for your specific Wi-Fi adapter. In this case, there might be an alternative method to disable power-saving mode for the adapter:

4. Look for any tabs or settings related to power-saving or energy efficiency.
5. If you find any options related to power-saving, make sure they are disabled.

If you don't find any power-saving options within the Wi-Fi adapter properties, it's possible that your adapter does not have this feature.

If the issue with your Wi-Fi adapter persists and you have already tried other troubleshooting steps, it may be beneficial to reach out to ASUS customer support or consult a professional technician for further assistance. They may have specific knowledge about your laptop model and can provide more tailored guidance.

I apologize for the confusion. It seems that the "Power Management" tab is not available for your specific Wi-Fi adapter. In this case, there might be an alternative method to disable power-saving mode for the adapter:

4. Look for any tabs or settings related to power-saving or energy efficiency.
5. If you find any options related to power-saving, make sure they are disabled.

If you don't find any power-saving options within the Wi-Fi adapter properties, it's possible that your adapter does not have this feature.

If the issue with your Wi-Fi adapter persists and you have already tried other troubleshooting steps, it may be beneficial to reach out to ASUS customer support or consult a professional technician for further assistance. They may have specific knowledge about your laptop model and can provide more tailored guidance.
update .. i found a method where i can put power management in my network adaptor in device manager and i unchecked the box on it but there still a time where the wifi option will disappear

update .. i found a method where i can put power management in my network adaptor in device manager and i unchecked the box on it but there still a time where the wifi option will disappear
I apologize for the inconvenience. If disabling the power management option for the network adapter did not resolve the issue, here are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Reset TCP/IP stack: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

After running these commands, restart your laptop and check if the Wi-Fi option reappears.

2. Update BIOS: Visit the ASUS support website and check if there are any BIOS updates available for your laptop model. Updating the BIOS can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and improve system stability.

3. Perform a clean boot: Sometimes, third-party software or services can interfere with the normal functioning of network adapters. Perform a clean boot to start your computer with only essential services and drivers. This will help determine if any conflicting software is causing the Wi-Fi issue.

4. Disable and re-enable the network adapter: Open Device Manager, locate your Wi-Fi adapter under the Network Adapters category, right-click on it, and select "Disable." Wait for a few seconds and then right-click again and select "Enable."

5. Consider a system restore: If the issue started occurring recently, you can try performing a system restore to a previous point in time when the Wi-Fi option was working fine.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be helpful to reach out to ASUS customer support or visit a service center for further assistance. They will have specific knowledge about your laptop model and can provide more specialized guidance.

mga sir paano po ayusin etong biglaang pagkawala ng wifi option habang nag brbrowse o naglalaro? need pa kasi i-reboot laptop para bumalik lang,, minsan matagal bago mawala minsan wala pang 5 minutes wala na naman .. nag download na po ako sa official asus website para sa latest network WLAN driver at na install ko na rin pero ganun parin ... kapag nawawala at hinahanap ko sa device manager biglang nasa "HIDDEN" ung driver ng Wifi driver...

eto ung mga pics
View attachment 2730590
View attachment 2730591

Try this if it will work:
1. Download "MyASUS" app from Microsoft Store.
2. Click the Support menu (headphones icon), then click LiveUpdate. Check if you see "WLAN Update". Download and install it. Reboot/restart laptop if required.
3. Check/verify if the problem still persists on your laptop.

Hope this helps.

Try this if it will work:
1. Download "MyASUS" app from Microsoft Store.
2. Click the Support menu (headphones icon), then click LiveUpdate. Check if you see "WLAN Update". Download and install it. Reboot/restart laptop if required.
3. Check/verify if the problem still persists on your laptop.

Hope this helps.
kung wala na wifi icon lods wala na tulong myasus d na nya ma detect ung wifi adapter

Then make it appear or make it unhidden first (by rebooting your laptop as you've mentioned what you do in your first post), then perform the process with MyASUS app.

There is no harm in trying.
kapag na reboot ko lods at meron na ung wifi adapter walang error na nakikita ng MyASUS pero na eencounter ko parin ung biglang pagwala ng wifi minsan kahit nag scan na ako ng wifi sa MyASUS