Closed What is atheism - a common misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge? Nasanay ka kasi sa "God" na nag jujudge... Kahit wala kaming pinaniniwalaang Diyos may "KONSENSYA" din kami 🙂 part na yan ng Human Instinct natin kahit hayop nakokonsensya din... GETS MO BA?
no i am doing good for the well-being of the majority, its called Mutualism.
- so different reasons: conscience, human instinct at Mutualism. but mutualism is for welfare of others (majority) so judge pa rin is tao?
- yun tanong ko po na isa. what will an atheist do when death knocks on the door or kung malapit na magunaw ang mundo?

- "dahil yun ang nararapat" for??? who will judge you as an atheist if you are doing a good thing or not if you are saying not to impress people and God.
why? you need judgement from a space man?

Are you saying, the main reason you do good things is to impress people and God? You do good things just to make your name show on the list to go to heaven?

talking about genuineness, sincerity. Most people do good things spontaneously without asking in return, without validation nor recognition. people do good things for humanitarian purpose.

why? you need judgement from a space man?

Are you saying, the main reason you do good things is to impress people and God? You do good things just to make your name show on the list to go to heaven?

talking about genuineness, sincerity. Most people do good things spontaneously without asking in return, without validation nor recognition. people do good things for humanitarian purpose.
- as a catholic. yes. we pray and believe that doing good is what God in heaven commands us to do in order for us to go to heaven when we end our life here on earth. again this is not the topic. because the topic is "atheism".
- what do you get by helping others as an atheist to say that i did a humanitarian purpose? is that not what you are asking for as a "return"?

- so different reasons: conscience, human instinct at Mutualism. but mutualism is for welfare of others (majority) so judge pa rin is tao?
I would say nature, kilangan mo din kasi yung mga puno at halaman para ma buhay.
- yun tanong ko po na isa. what will an atheist do when death knocks on the door or kung malapit na magunaw ang mundo?
I cant speak to all atheist, personally if I'm about to die, I would accept it, I cant do anything about, and I wasn't bothered for billions of years of my non existent.

Iniisip mo ba lahat ng paggawa ng mabuti kailangan may mag judge? 🙄

- what do you get by helping others as an atheist to say that i did a humanitarian purpose? is that not what you are asking for as a "return"?
as i said, SOME people do good things spontaneously without asking in return.

And.. isn't more satisfying to do good things to other spontaneously than by commanded to do good things from a invisible space man?

as i said, SOME people do good things spontaneously without asking in return.

And.. isn't more satisfying to do good things to other spontaneously than by commanded to do good things from a invisible space man?
- so satisfaction is the reason why you do good deeds? is it satisfy your ego or what?
- as a theist, i also do what the atheist does of doing good without an exchange, for example i donate money for the church charity. in return i do not receive anything. maybe a verbal message of thank you which i do not expect. the command of God is to "love my neighbors as myself." thereby i do things (that i am capable of) like donating for instance for them to eat a decent food like me who eat decent food, too.
- if there is no God (in my opinion) i will eat just live a decent life as long as do not harm others. what wiil i get when I help them if there is no God to command me?

- so satisfaction is the reason why you do good deeds? is it satisfy your ego or what?
- as a theist, i also do what the atheist does of doing good without an exchange, for example i donate money for the church charity. in return i do not receive anything. maybe a verbal message of thank you which i do not expect. the command of God is to "love my neighbors as myself." thereby i do things (that i am capable of) like donating for instance for them to eat a decent food like me who eat decent food, too.
- if there is no God (in my opinion) i will eat just live a decent life as long as do not harm others. what wiil i get when I help them if there is no God to command me?
i cannot answer for all.
for me i do good things in passive way, i'm not actively looking for someone to help to. But if someone i know needed a help, i would help to the extent of my capacity. i don't act as per command by someone, i acted mostly out of empathy/Sympathy/love for the person in-need.
i don't care about acknowledgement, fulfilment, satisfying your ego, or anything in-return.

now i dont know what are you trying to dig. but i hope i satisfied your question any how.

Sir, let me shed some light to this.
i hope this could help.

another word for atheist is NON-BELIEVER. In other words we just don't believe in theist claims or we reject your positive claims. plain and simple.
And to say that atheist have a belief system like religious groups is ILLOGICAL.

btw, we don't use the word atheism.

I don't think you got my point after reading my entire previous posts in this thread. You like it or not, atheism is a belief system. Can you please re-read my posts and then make analytic juxtaposition of my ideas and your ideas point by point if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back