JackFrost10

Honorary Poster
Reaction
A common misconception about Atheism.

- Atheism reject GOD = False
- Atheist don't believe in a GOD = False
- Atheist is satanic = False
- Atheism is evil = False

Atheism is a label for the questioning of the claim that GOD's exist, Atheism doesn't claim anything, it only ask questions based on the Theist that claims their GOD exist. and so far Theist cant present a proper argument, research, hypothesis or theory for their claim therefore Atheism rejects them.

Here is an example:
I believe Unicorns Exist, I read it in a book made thousands of years ago by gods that throw lightning bolts from the sky. - if you reject this claim you will be an atheist about the unicorn.

Here is another one:
Zues is real, he is written in a book from ancient Greece. - if you dont believe in greek methology you are an Atheist for ancient greeks.

so in short Atheism is a label for the rejection of all man made GOD's that doesn't present answers to questions.

sana po na enlighten kayo kung ano ang stand ng Atheism in general, if you have any questions po comment lng, thank you and stay awesome.

In short, atheism is a belief. A belief among other beliefs unless you can establish atheism as the default standard to all questions, knowledge and endeavors in life all across space-time, dimensions and realities. However, to do this, you need to live of alll space-time, dimensions and realities and the truth is, it is impossible. Therefore, our belief is relative to our lifetime, observation and experience, present knowledge and conviction.

In short, atheism is a belief. A belief among other beliefs unless you can establish atheism as the default standard to all questions, knowledge and endeavors in life all across space-time, dimensions and realities. However, to do this, you need to live of alll space-time, dimensions and realities and the truth is, it is impossible. Therefore, our belief is relative to our lifetime, observation and experience, present knowledge and conviction.
- sir belief requires a claim, Atheism is a rejection of the GOD claim.
- also what is a default standard to all questions? hindi ko kasi ma connect sa topic.
- our belief is relative to the environment we live in, if you are born in a Muslim society you are more likely to be a Muslim, if you are born in a Christian society you are more likely to be a Christian.

- sir belief requires a claim, Atheism is a rejection of the GOD claim.
- also what is a default standard to all questions? hindi ko kasi ma connect sa topic.
- our belief is relative to the environment we live in, if you are born in a Muslim society you are more likely to be a Muslim, if you are born in a Christian society you are more likely to be a Christian.

You are gone into a petty argument on semantics. You can not escape the fact that when you assume yourself as an atheist or you stand fror something, you are claiming something.

Now, from your statement about belief, you say it requires a claim. You mean that atheism is not claiming something? To my understanding, atheism claims something, and hence, it is a belief. Atheism purports that there is no god/God/s. This is a claim. When you say atheism is a "lack in belief in god/God", this is a claim, a belief that requires convincing arguments why the lack in belief God! When a person entered the debate on God's existence, he is not merely showing a lack of belief. He constructs arguments to support his claims. He believes in his claim. The person's atheism is revealed in the arguments on God's existence. A complete lack of belief is nothing since you can't argue about anything about lacking. Atheism is not lacking in arguments or tell me about those thousands of books written about the subject.

You are gone into a petty argument on semantics. You can not escape the fact that when you assume yourself as an atheist or you stand fror something, you are claiming something.

Now, from your statement about belief, you say it requires a claim. You mean that atheism is not claiming something? To my understanding, atheism claims something, and hence, it is a belief. Atheism purports that there is no god/God/s. This is a claim. When you say atheism is a "lack in belief in god/God", this is a claim, a belief that requires convincing arguments why the lack in belief God! When a person entered the debate on God's existence, he is not merely showing a lack of belief. He constructs arguments to support his claims. He believes in his claim. The person's atheism is revealed in the arguments on God's existence. A complete lack of belief is nothing since you can't argue about anything about lacking. Atheism is not lacking in arguments or tell me about those thousands of books written about the subject.

- see this is a misconception, Its already addressed in my first post, Atheism is a rejection on the claim for the existence of GOD's, Atheism is not assuming that their is no GOD's, the burden of prof is on the claim that their are GOD's.

- Atheism is making an argument from the claim of the existence of GOD's, if their were no claims or the claim meets the burden of prof their is no argument.

A complete lack of belief is nothing since you can't argue about anything about lacking. Atheism is not lacking in arguments or tell me about those thousands of books written about the subject.
I really don't know what you mean here.

- see this is a misconception, Its already addressed in my first post, Atheism is a rejection on the claim for the existence of GOD's, Atheism is not assuming that their is no GOD's, the burden of prof is on the claim that their are GOD's.

- Atheism is making an argument from the claim of the existence of GOD's, if their were no claims or the claim meets the burden of prof their is no argument.

I really don't know what you mean here.

Hi JF!

I see no misconceptions to my understanding of atheism. What you are trying is you are creating or echoing an idea on atheism in order to put all the burden of proof to the theist or to establish atheism as immutable to all forms of criticisms. Not all atheists agree to your own idea of atheism.

Atheism is a belief. Maybe even a prevailing belief in an era, but this does not make it as the ultimate truth to be the default standard for all truths in all space-time, dimensions and realities. Atheism is not absolute or ultimate, it is also subject to changes just as other world views. It takes open-minded ness to admit that atheism is a belief becoming prominent in this era. However, what for example, in the year 3000 A.D.?Is atheism still the truth? What if in the year 2999 AD God made himself observable? Or what if the soul exists that when you die, there is a God or gods waiting you in alternative realities? A God can have the power to not let us himself provable or knowable but this does not make God can not or does.not exist just due to our ability to observe.

Atheism is not simply lacking in belief. It is a belief out of the claim that there is no God. It is an intellectual position. This position is a claim. In intellectual matters, there is no neutral position. When you claim something intellectually, you construct arguments which you believe are the truths.

A person can not stay neutral in the atheism-theism issue. Once he enters the issue, he can not avoid a position. Atheism is different from agnosticism as far as God's existence is concerned. The agnostic suspends all intellectual judgment until informations or sufficient knowledge is available.

If you really want someone or something that lacks beliefs or claims nothing, refer to a cat or rock. Can we say then that the cat or rock is an atheist because it lacks beliefs or claims nothing about God's existence? It is ludicrous to say then that the cat is an atheist because it can not intellectualize.

Lack of believe is actually a non-issue. Atheism is an issue just as theism. Atheism reasons out why the world or reality is such and such so that and so on by constructing arguments where these arguments the atheist believes as the truths. If the atheist does not believe in his arguments, then he is contradicting himself. If atheism is merely lack of believe, then the self confessed atheist stops arguing that theism is totally false and say nothing of anything about reality. However, is it the truth or fact that atheists do not take positions or actions in world affairs as they are influenced by atheism? Reality check!

As I have said, you need to exist to all of spacetime, dimensions and realties in order to establish the ultimacy and absoluteness of atheism. All worldviews hinge on beliefs affected by our limited lifetime, experience, observation and power of reasoning. Atheism is not exempted. Atheism constantly offers alternative arguments to theism hence, it establishes its own belief and it can not stay neutral or unaffected and must also join the theist in carrying the burden of proof to support its claim.

Note: this is my final statement on the meaning of atheism. You can say otherwise about atheism but there is no single authority on the meaning of atheism. I made my statement.

Last edited:
Hi JF!

I see no misconceptions to my understanding of atheism. What you are trying is you are creating or echoing an idea on atheism in order to put all the burden of proof to the theist or to establish atheism as immutable to all forms of criticisms. Not all atheists agree to your own idea of atheism.

Atheism is a belief. Maybe even a prevailing belief in an era, but this does not make it as the ultimate truth to be the default standard for all truths in all space-time, dimensions and realities. Atheism is not absolute or ultimate, it is also subject to changes just as other world views. It takes open-minded ness to admit that atheism is a belief becoming prominent in this era. However, what for example, in the year 3000 A.D.?Is atheism still the truth? What if in the year 2999 AD God made himself observable? Or what if the soul exists that when you die, there is a God or gods waiting you in alternative realities? A God can have the power to not let us himself provable or knowable but this does not make God can not or does.not exist just due to our ability to observe.

Atheism is not simply lacking in belief. It is a belief out of the claim that there is no God. It is an intellectual position. This position is a claim. In intellectual matters, there is no neutral position. When you claim something intellectually, you construct arguments which you believe are the truths.

A person can not stay neutral in the atheism-theism issue. Once he enters the issue, he can not avoid a position. Atheism is different from agnosticism as far as God's existence is concerned. The agnostic suspends all intellectual judgment until informations or sufficient knowledge is available.

If you really want someone or something that lacks beliefs or claims nothing, refer to a cat or rock. Can we say then that the cat or rock is an atheist because it lacks beliefs or claims nothing about God's existence? It is ludicrous to say then that the cat is an atheist because it can not intellectualize.

Lack of believe is actually a non-issue. Atheism is an issue just as theism. Atheism reasons out why the world or reality is such and such so that and so on by constructing arguments where these arguments the atheist believes as the truths. If the atheist does not believe in his arguments, then he is contradicting himself. If atheism is merely lack of believe, then the self confessed atheist stops arguing that theism is totally false and say nothing of anything about reality. However, is it the truth or fact that atheists do not take positions or actions in world affairs as they are influenced by atheism? Reality check!

As I have said, you need to exist to all of spacetime, dimensions and realties in order to establish the ultimacy and absoluteness of atheism. All worldviews hinge on beliefs affected by our limited lifetime, experience, observation and power of reasoning. Atheism is not exempted. Atheism constantly offers alternative arguments to theism hence, it establishes its own belief and it can not stay neutral or unaffected and must also join the theist in carrying the burden of proof to support its claim.

Note: this is my final statement on the meaning of atheism. You can say otherwise about atheism but there is no single authority on the meaning of atheism. I made my statement.
yes you are misinterpreting atheism,

1.everything you said in your statement is a presupposition.
- everything in your statement is one-sided, what if in 2999 AD nothing changed?
- what if you die and thats it?
- what if this is the only reality?
- what if everything you said is false?
- what if we live in the Matrix?
- what if we are just a simulation from a more advance civilization?

2. Atheism is a label for people who questions the claims that GOD's exist <-- its on the first post

3. we are all Atheist some just go one GOD further.

4. Arguments are made by Theist, Counter-Arguments are made by Atheist from the belief of a Theist.

atheist wannabes = just pissed off edgy teenagers who have issues
atheist pinoy = trolls and criminals who just want to feel good as a human being
atheist intellectuals/scientist = lowkey fighting for atheism by just improving the lives of others or whole human race
atheist zealots = cries everyday, blames religion why we still don't have flying cars and VR girlfriends
reference for the diversity of the word Atheist.

if you want more answers or you want answers to arguments you made you can watch The Atheist Experience, everything in your post is already answered.

yes you are misinterpreting atheism,

1.everything you said in your statement is a presupposition.
- everything in your statement is one-sided, what if in 2999 AD nothing changed?
- what if you die and thats it?
- what if this is the only reality?
- what if everything you said is false?
- what if we live in the Matrix?
- what if we are just a simulation from a more advance civilization?

2. Atheism is a label for people who questions the claims that GOD's exist <-- its on the first post

3. we are all Atheist some just go one GOD further.

4. Arguments are made by Theist, Counter-Arguments are made by Atheist from the belief of a Theist.

reference for the diversity of the word Atheist.

if you want more answers or you want answers to arguments you made you can watch The Atheist Experience, everything in your post is already answered.

I am not misinterpreting atheism. One needs not to be an atheist to understand atheism. You are confused and self-contradicting as I have stated above. Besides, you are not the authority on the meaning of atheism. It is not written in the stars nor etched into the rocks that your knowledge of atheism is the only truth about atheism. In no way that your knowledge of atheism is superior to mine nor I will claim that my idea of atheism is superior to yours. This is not the issue. Only the philosophically or logically naive person you can fool or confine to your concepts of atheism.

Conclusion..

Stick to your idea of atheism and I stick to mine.

I am not misinterpreting atheism. One needs not to be an atheist to understand atheism. You are confused and self-contradicting as I have stated above. Besides, you are not the authority on the meaning of atheism. It is not written in the stars nor etched into the rocks that your knowledge of atheism is the only truth about atheism. In no way that your knowledge of atheism is superior to mine nor I will claim that my idea of atheism is superior to yours. This is not the issue. Only the philosophically or logically naive person you can fool or confine to your concepts of atheism.

Conclusion..

One good thing is atheism is that no one is the same except for the idea that there is no god and thats the reason why atheism is never considered as a religion

Conclusion..

sir I think you are confused, I actually have some authority to say something about atheism because I am called an atheist, and atheist is a label, I would prefer to be called a free thinker or the Enlightened(not the Buddhist one).

also I am not self-contradicting, you are, you think you understood atheism that's why I'm here to clarify any misconceptions, its your opinion about atheism. almost everything you need to know about atheism is in the first post.

Your Idea of atheism is wrong that's why I'm clarifying it, if your an atheist you can tell me your position about the GOD's argument and I will tell you what is wrong with it, If you are a theist then you can tell your atheist friends to join the discussion they would agree to me I'm sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back