What's new

Lelouch Lamperouge

🐝 on duty 🐝
Elite
Solutions
Reaction

The art of self-reflection: 10 questions to ask yourself for personal growth​

What does personal growth mean to you? And have you been thinking about how to be your best self all the time?

We all have ideas about what it means to grow as a person…some of them may be concerned with developing our character or succeeding at our passions.

Well, there’s no right or wrong answer. It really depends on what you’re hoping to get out of life.

Here are 10 questions to ask yourself that can help you on your quest for personal growth.

Let’s get started…

1) “What am I grateful to have today?”​

Here’s a question you can start with: ask yourself what you’re grateful to have in your life.

Many of us are too busy with other tasks – such as working at our career or taking care of family – to the point that we have never had the time to stop and reflect.

But personal growth can only start with self-awareness; and that’s why it’s important to make a list of the things you’re grateful for.

Here’s how I do it: by keeping a bullet journal and writing down my thoughts every single day.

Some examples of things I have been grateful for are:

• Having a nice conversation with the taxi driver
  • Finding time to take a walk in the park
  • Being able to treat myself to a delicious meal
When you find out what you’re grateful for, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. and appreciate those moments more when you experience them the next time round.

2) “When was the last time I learned something new?”​

Here’s the second question to ask yourself: “When was the last time I learned something new?”

And I know what you’re thinking: how does this relate to personal growth? Well, it’s important that we always keep improving ourselves by You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or pursuing a passion.

That’s why asking yourself this question can be helpful in letting you know if you’ve gotten too comfortable in your daily routine.

For example, you’ve stayed at the same job for many years and have gotten bored. You feel like you’re living on autopilot and every day is the same.

But when you make an effort to consistently upgrade yourself, things feel exciting. You’ll feel like you’re growing as a person – and you’ll gain more confidence as well.

3) “Who are the people I value most?”​

Next, you’ve got to think about the people in your life – and who’s most important to you.

For many of us, our family will come to mind. And we might also think of our partner, our best friend, or even a colleague who has been there for us during tough times.

This goes back to self-awareness. When you know who you value most in your life, it helps you:

• Enjoy the time you spend together
  • Think about how you can treat them better
  • Find out what you appreciate most about them
And this leads me to my next point…

4) “How can I be kinder to these people?”​

Have you ever stayed up all night thinking about how badly you’ve hurt someone?

Well, I have. And it’s not the nicest thing to reflect on – it can bring up your insecurities and make you feel guilty.

However, I personally came out of such an experience feeling like I had grown as a person. Why?

That’s because I had asked myself: “You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.” That allowed me to see where I fell short in that relationship, and take steps to do better.

When you find out who’s most important to you in your life, you’ll feel motivated to make amends and become your best self – so they’ll stick around!

5) “What are some regrets I’ve had in my life?”​

Another question to ask yourself for personal growth centers on this topic: regrets that you’ve had in your life.

It can be difficult to look back at the things You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., but it’s important to do it so we don’t make the same mistakes again.

For example, you:

• Left a good relationship because you didn’t know how to love
  • Missed out on a big opportunity because you weren’t ready
  • Worked too hard at a job and failed to spend time with loved ones
When you come to terms with your regrets, you’ll make time for these things that you once saw as unimportant – and you’ll also feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

6) “Have I taken enough risks?”​

Another question to ask yourself is this: “Have I taken enough risks?”

As I mentioned, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. isn’t conducive to personal growth. That’s why it’s important to take risks sometimes – and it doesn’t have to be something extreme.

Here’s an example of a risk you could take: quitting your job to travel the world, and seeing where that path takes you…

Or, you may want to change your life completely by moving to a different city and starting over.

So, ask yourself if you’re satisfied with where you are right now. If your answer is “no”, you may need to take a risk to live life the way you want to.

7) “How can I stay true to myself?”​

If you want to lead a meaningful life on your own terms, you’ll also need to ask yourself how you can connect with your truest self.

This means you need to find out how much of your identity is tied to social norms and the expectations other people have of you.

That’s why personal growth is something you need to cultivate and maintain. It helps you to:

• Figure out what needs to change in your life
  • See what can’t be changed, but you can learn to accept
  • Realize that you only need to live for yourself, not others
And here’s one way to stay true to yourself: by getting in touch with your spirituality.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. has shown that there are many benefits to cultivating your spirituality, including:

• Reduced stress
  • Increased motivation
  • Healthier relationships
  • Improved physical health
But we also need to be careful about the types of spirituality we choose to engage in. That’s why when it comes to your own journey, ask yourself: what toxic habits have you unknowingly picked up?

For example, is it the need to be positive all the time? Or is it a sense of superiority over those who lack spiritual awareness?

spirituality should be about empowering yourself. Not suppressing emotions, not judging others, but forming a pure connection with who you are at your core.

8) “What are some things I’m proud of?”​

Another question to ask is whether or not you’re proud of yourself – and this could relate to anything you’ve ever done in your life.

It doesn’t have to be a career milestone or the time you ρáíd off your house. In fact, it would be more productive for you to look inward and consider how much you’ve actually grown.

Maybe you’re someone who used to have unhealthy relationships, but you’ve stopped giving attention to people who don’t care about you – that’s something to be proud of.

So what’s the purpose of asking yourself this question? Well, it helps you see how far you’ve come.

And it’s important to realize how much you’re actually capable of, because…

9) “Do I like myself?”​

Okay, I know this is a hard one. I’m sure many, if not all, of us have You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. – and we might have spent a lifetime trying to correct them.

That’s why you may not want to dive deep into this question, because it can remind you of the times you felt truly inadequate.

But if you want to grow as a person, you’ll need to face your demons head-on. So here’s how to ease yourself into the process:

• Accept that you will experience pain
  • Believe that the hard moments will pass
  • Encourage yourself when you’re having a difficult time

10) “What do I have to look forward to?”​

Once you’ve reflected on the questions above, think about what you can look forward to in the future.

As I mentioned, you may want to transform your life completely and let the path before you unfold. In that case, it might be difficult to have a tangible goal in mind…

Let me tell you a secret: it’s enough to look forward to waking up to a new day and figuring out where to go from there.

Focus on the small things that will You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., because at the end of the day, you’re the one on this journey of personal growth.

So it’s best to enjoy it as much as you can!

source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.