What's new

Special Action Force files case against Mamasapano' stars over îllégâl use of uniform and insignia

The upcoming war action film, Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told, and its stars–Paolo Gumabao, Rico Barrera, Aljur Abrenica, and others are facing raps for illegally using the Special Action Force (SAF) uniform and insignia.

The Philippine National Police filed the complaint against the use of the film on the said items without consent from the law agency.

1662751433695.png

Atty. Ferdie Topacio {the producer} aired his frustration during the film’s media conference at Pandan Asian Cafe, Sct.Limbaga St., Quezon City, on September 5

“Ngayon pa lang may humaharang na. Alam niyo nakakalungkot. Eto nakakatawa na sabihin ko sa inyo ha. Noong una very cooperative ‘yung SAF. Si General Empiso yung hepe. Noong nagpalit, alam niyo ang ginawa? Dinemanda pa kami ng SAF mismo , ha!

“(This early, somebody’s already hindering us. You know what’s sad? SAF was very cooperative before, back when General Empiso was the one heading it. But when he left and a new leadership took over, SAF itself, filed a case against our film),” Topacio shared.

The celebrity lawyer couldn’t seem to wrap his head around such a misfortune, as the film actually intends to glorify the elite police force.

“Yung film namun ay para I-glorify yung kabanihan ng SAF. Dinemanda kami ng SAF! Alam nyo kung ano ang demanda? îllégâl use of uniform and insignia. Ipinakita namin sa kanila doon sa piskalya . Eto may permiso kami kay Gen. Empiso. Ano ba ‘yang mga pinagsasabi niyo? Hindi niyo yata alam ang ginagawa ninyo?

“(Our film is about glorifying the SAF, but SAF, itself, filed charges against us! You know what the charge is about? îllégâl use of uniform and insignia! We showed them our permit from General Empiso. I asked them: what are you talking about? It seems you guys fon’t know what you are doing).”

Topacio shared that the case is still ongoing and that Gumabao, Barrera, and other stars are all saddened and frustrated after receiving the bad news.

“Hindi sila natutuwa. Anyway, I’m protecting them. I gave them lawyers,” Topacio told in an interview.

Topacio is notably one of the lawyers who handled the SAF 44 case, which he said why he is very emotional about the doing the film.

This is a project close to me because ako ‘yung abogado ng mga magulang ng SAF 44” he said.

The lawyer said he has reached to Viva Films and set to meet with Vic del Rosario to discuss the distribution of the film.

Attachments

Noon nagpalit ng hepe or nagpalit ng presidente?

RA493 > section 2:
Hereafter it shall be unlawful for any person not in the service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines or the Philippine Constabulary, except those excluded from the prohibition in section one of this Act, to use or wear the duly prescribed insignia, badge or emblem or rank of the members of the Armed Forces of the Philippine or the Philippines Constabulary, or any colorable imitation thereof: Provided, That the foregoing shall not be construed as prohibiting any person from using or wearing any military or naval insignia, badge or emblem of rank in any play-house or theater or in moving-picture films while actually engaged in representing therein a military or naval character not tending to bring discredit or reproach upon the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Philippine Constabulary or the Bureau of Coast and Geodetic Survey: Provided, further, That the use or wearing of any military or naval insignia, badge or emblem or rank while engaged in representing a military or naval character as herein above described, shall be subject to supervision and regulation by the Secretary of National Defense.

di naman bawal ah

it can be told but for sure dramatized na yan para mas maganda panuorin
true events but not true story
ganun naman kasi lagi nangyayari