What's new

Closed Should christians celebrate christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bible Reader

Honorary Poster
Reaction
The apostle Paul also warned the believers to avoid celebrating pagan festivals.

Should-Christians-celebrate-christmas.jpg

I hate to discuss this topic here. Many of you might think naninira ako but for the sake of truth I believe every Christians should avoid any sort of celebration on this particular festival. You know why? It’s not because I hate christmas;

My conviction was rather influenced by my respect for God and His Holy Book. It is about God not me. God said:

“Well, whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do it all for God’s glory.”(1Co 10:31 GNB)

Now ask yourself, do I glorify God by adopting this Christmas celebration, since we know the fact that this was originated from paganism?

Another question is, will God allow every Christians to mixed up both the truth and error? We know that Christmas is a mixture of truth and error. Truth because it claims to celebrate the birth of Jesus which is a historical fact. Error because December 25 is not the actual date of Christ’s birth. My Bible said:

“Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? How can God’s temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God himself has said, “I will make my home with my people and live among them; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” (2Co 6:14-16 GNB)

“No! What I am saying is that what is sacrificed on pagan altars is offered to demons, not to God. And I do not want you to be partners with demons. You cannot drink from the Lord’s cup and also from the cup of demons; you cannot eat at the Lord’s table and also at the table of demons. Or do we want to make the Lord jealous? Do we think that we are stronger than he? “We are allowed to do anything,” so they say. That is true, but not everything is good. “We are allowed to do anything”—but not everything is helpful.”(1Co 10:20-23 GNB)

The apostle Paul also warned the believers to avoid celebrating pagan festivals:

“But now that you know God—or, I should say, now that God knows you—how is it that you want to turn back to those weak and pitiful ruling spirits? Why do you want to become their slaves all over again? You pay special attention to certain days, months, seasons, and years.”(Gal 4:9-10 GNB)

Well my friends, I’m not acting as your conscience or even taking the place of the Holy Spirit’s conviction in your life what I am trying to say here is just a reminder that our existence on this earth is primarily to glorify God and give honor to His Name not to seek our own happiness.

For me the first and foremost thing in this last days is to shout along with the first angel’s message in Rev. 14:6, 7:

“Then I saw another angel flying high in the air, with an eternal message of Good News to announce to the peoples of the earth, to every race, tribe, language, and nation. He said in a loud voice, “Honor God and praise his greatness! For the time has come for him to judge all people. Worship him who made heaven, earth, sea, and the springs of water!”

Be blessed!

We have all different thoughts on our beliefs.. wala naman masama sa pag celebrate ng birth of jesus.. kahit hindi talaga naten alam exactly ang date sya pinanganak... maraming mga thories na pinag basehan kung bakit napili ang december 25 as birthday of jesus.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Bahala ka ts kung ayaw mo ng pasko
Madami din naman naidudulot na maganda ang pasko eh hehehe
Nagbibgayan mga tao tapos bigla may bumabait kapag pasko hakhakhak
At tsaka may christmas bunos pa at másáráp na puto

xD

Sa bagay na ito parte na ito ng buhay ng mga tao
Huwag kana tumanggap ng christmass bunos hehe
When an employer give Christmas bonus , its not because of a child was born in a meanger. They give for secular reason, for holiday season, for the spirit of giving and for recognizing their contribution to the success.

You didnt ask for that, call it a blessing!

When an employer give Christmas bonus , its not because of a child was born in a meanger. They give for secular reason, for holiday season, for the spirit of giving and for recognizing their contribution to the success.

You didnt ask for that, call it a blessing!
Tapos sasabihin mo kay boss
Boss di ako naniniwala sa pasko xD
Sabay bawi sayo ni boss ang bunos
Iyak

25395767_1607167532656060_5288378158999720819_n.jpg

*graphic is another example of sun god worship by the Assyrians

FROM RCC's reference:

Our Sunday Visitor (February 5, 1950):
Practically everything Protestants regard as essential or important they have received from the Catholic Church... The Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in accepting the Bible and observing the Sunday, in keeping Christmas and Easter, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the Pope.

Cardinal John Newman, An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine (London: Basil Montague Pickering, 1878): 373:
The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons…are all of pagan origin and sanctified by their adoption into the Church.

----Authentic reference -----

"The Christian church took over many pagan ideas and images from sun-worship, for example, came the celebration of Christ's Birth on the twenty-fifth of December the birthday of the Sun."
REFERENCE: Tim Dowley, The History of Christianity, Lion Publishing

December 25, the birthday of Mithra, the Iranian god of light, and a day devoted to the invincible sun, as well as the day after the Saturnalia--was adopted by the [Roman Catholic] church as Christmas...
REFERENCE: Encyclopedia Britannica

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. a.k.a christmas bonus signed by marcos....oops sana hindi ka anti marcos, ts
ooops sana mag-research kapa ng mabuti, 13th month pay is a mandatory and is required by law , Presidential Decree No. 851 while Christmas Bonus is only discretionary. Magkaiba. Ooops! :p

We all know na pagdating ng dec lahat pera pupunta sa kamao ko eh bonus. Christ mas pera"ang tawag wala din sa hulog pagkapilosopo tasyo neto

Ps.The sole purpose of 13th month pay, according to PD 851, is “so working masses can properly celebrate Christmas and New Year”
If wala kang mabasa sa batas na christmas panalo ka na hehe.kaya nga dapat ibigay bago mag dec 25. eh

Last edited:
You dont even know if god exist or if christ is the real God its a tradition so stop bothering yourself if you cant accept what they choose to believe in just do what you think is good and which would help others too thats the only point of all religion that everybofy wants after all

You dont even know if god exist or if christ is the real God its a tradition so stop bothering yourself if you cant accept what they choose to believe in just do what you think is good and which would help others too thats the only point of all religion that everybofy wants after all
whats your basis? and whats your point?

Sasabihin ko sa inyo guys pagtinanggap nya yung whoever give to him a gift ,blessing, money or whatever fruits of this crime "season"for him parang kinakakain nya yung sinusuka nya. Thats all goodnights peace

If a day is being celebrated with good purpose, dids, and meaning I see nothing wrong, because it is the essence of the celebration that counts not where it originated. Btw all religions sucks.

Sasabihin ko sa inyo guys pagtinanggap nya yung whoever give to him a gift ,blessing, money or whatever fruits of this crime "season"for him parang kinakakain nya yung sinusuka nya. Thats all goodnights peace

The point here ; The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration. God condemns using pagan customs to worship Him.

That bonus is given because you work for it, its part of your contribution to their success. Unless you dont work but greceive their so called christmas bonus, that would not be right.

So what is "christmas Bonus"?
DEFINITION of 'Year-End Bonus' A reward ρáíd to an employee at the end of the year. Many year-end bonuses are tied to performance metrics and the amount canvary depending whether certain milestones are met. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
The point here ; The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration. God condemns using pagan customs to worship Him.

That bonus is given because you work for it, its part of their of your contribution to their success. Unless you dont work but given their so called christmas bonus, that would not be right.

So what is "christmas Bonus"?
DEFINITION of 'Year-End Bonus' A reward ρáíd to an employee at the end of the year. Many year-end bonuses are tied to performance metrics and the amount canvary depending whether certain milestones are met. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Tama lang yan bosss ipaglaban kung anu yung alam mung tama hindi mu naman sila pinipilit na maniwala sayu ei.

Mahirap talaga paniwalain yung mga taong hindi alam o hindi alam yung tunay na kahulugan bible ..

I support you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.