What's new

Closed Re-reading books

Status
Not open for further replies.

shewholovesthebeach

Honorary Poster
Reaction
"Have you ever re-read a book? Why and how many times?"

A friend asked me this over the weekend and naisip ko na isang book pa lang pala ang nabasa ko twice—and that is—Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. The second time I read it, natapos ko in a day. I loved the story so much!

How about you?

Yes.
I'm so guilty of re-reading that if it is ever deemed a crime, I'll have, at least, two life sentences to serve.

Why?
Most times, the traces of emotion or memory drags me to open a page. Those traces, those tiny fragments, tempt me to take the first steps to reread. But it's the changes that make me stay rereading. Sometimes, the changes are subtle that it's missed. Sometimes, the book transforms itself I'm left in awe. Sometimes, the emotions resound within me and I know it for truth. And too many other sometimes, but the gist of it is..

I reread because of one simple fact that holds true for me: a really good book changes every time you read it.

I don't remember where I got that line or if I could quote someone for it but it stuck. Like bubblegum to hair. I know right, bad analogy, a nightmare for a girl, but nothing seems as fitting.

In short:
Yes. Because a good book changes or it changes you and don't ask, I don't even keep count, I just call the number n.

Hogwarts is my home. I’ve re-read some of the books but never as an entire series. Kailangan ko itong mapagtagumpayan one of these days.

Yes.
I'm so guilty of re-reading that if it is ever deemed a crime, I'll have, at least, two life sentences to serve.

Why?
Most times, the traces of emotion or memory drags me to open a page. Those traces, those tiny fragments, tempt me to take the first steps to reread. But it's the changes that make me stay rereading. Sometimes, the changes are subtle that it's missed. Sometimes, the book transforms itself I'm left in awe. Sometimes, the emotions resound within me and I know it for truth. And too many other sometimes, but the gist of it is..

I reread because of one simple fact that holds true for me: a really good book changes every time you read it.

I don't remember where I got that line or if I could quote someone for it but it stuck. Like bubblegum to hair. I know right, bad analogy, a nightmare for a girl, but nothing seems as fitting.

In short:
Yes. Because a good book changes or it changes you and don't ask, I don't even keep count, I just call the number n.

Super like :)

Reactions: rxe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back