What's new

Raising Cane's Secret Sauce

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
NjcwNWUzYzctNzM5My00MmFkLWI1N2EtM2FiZThiYjdiMDA1_363886a1-6d76-4abd-99eb-9e6609c0c247_box_comb...png

Raising Cane's is one of the favorite fast food joints in the West Coast, specializing in chicken fingers served with their secret sauce.

I will be sharing their awesome, but very simple recipe for their secret sauce which pairs perfectly with any fried chicken recipe and fries.

Raising Cane's Secret Sauce

½ cup Mayonnaise

¼ cup Tomato Ketchup (banana not recommended)

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

½ tsp Black pepper (freshly ground preferred)

½ tsp Garlic salt

Mix ingredients thoroughly. Serves 6, or (3 pag napasarap ang sawsaw.) Use in any fried chicken recipe including chicken nuggets, or store bought fried chicken. The crunchier the better.

Just in case, here is my personal chicken recipe to pair with the sauce which is considerably simple.

My Chicken Tenders

6-8 pcs Chicken Tenders (regular chicken brêast is too dry for me, but it's ok to use)

2 chicken broth cubes

1 egg

Flour or Cornstarch for breading enough to cover chicken strips (cornstarch tends to be crispier)

Dash of salt, pepper and msg (optional)

Cooking oil, enough to submerge chicken

Crush chicken broth cubes and rub on chicken tenders. Place in Ziploc bag and store in the marinate in fridge at least 30 mins. The longer, the better max 12 hrs for safe consumption.
When ready, transfer to a bowl. ***** the egg onto the chicken. This is just a binding agent to stick. On another container, put your cornstarch or flour. Add the salt, pepper and msg if desired and mix well.

(It will be wise to prepare your frying oil before proceeding, heat to approx. 350°F or medium fire for gas stove)
Dip every chicken tender until fully coated with the breading. They should be ready to fry after breading. Fry until Golden brown. Serve while hot.

If you read this far, you might also want to add something similar to the toast in the picture above. This is a not perfect copy. Just enough to replicate the Raising Cane experience at home.

Complimentary Toast

Bread choice
The tricky part is the bread. You can settle with a slice of Gardenia or burger bun sliced across the thickness. As long as the bread is not sweet, and preferably 1 to 2 inches thick. The 6 pack sari-sari store special boling is also a good candidate, also sliced along the thickness (keeping the 6pack shape intact)

Toasting Method
Toast the bread in salted butter (margarine not my personal preference). Best way is on a frying pan. Simply melt the butter, place the bread and toast until the high spots turn dark brown, like pictured above.

Crinkle Fries
Honestly, this is not worth doing. Just buy the frozen fries. But if you insist here it is.

3-4 Large Potatoes

Salt

Cut potato with crinkle cutter to desired size. Submerge in a bowl of water right after cutting to avoid oxidation.
Rub of remaining starch off with fingers.
Drain water, and add salt to taste. Transfer into a ziploc bag and place in freezer for at least 1 hr. Deep fry at 350°F until golden brown.

Coleslaw
Should I even bother adding this?

Attachments

Last edited: