What's new

Help Processor

paroxysm

Eternal Poster
Established
Ryzen 5 5500 for 4,099 php
Sulit na ba or should i go mote further for ryzen 5 5600 or the G variant for 6,399 pesos?

For your consideration, let's break down the options:

1. Ryzen 5 5500 for 4,099 PHP:
- The Ryzen 5 5500 is a solid mid-range processor with good performance for its price point.
- It should be able to handle most tasks and moderate gaming without any issues.
- If you have a tight budget and don't require the absolute highest performance, this could be a good choice.

2. Ryzen 5 5600 for 6,399 PHP:
- The Ryzen 5 5600 is a step up in terms of performance compared to the Ryzen 5 5500. It offers more cores and better overall performance.
- If you do more demanding tasks like heavy gaming, content creation, or video editing, the Ryzen 5 5600 might be worth the extra investment.
- Consider this option if you need the extra processing power and can afford the higher price.

3. Ryzen 5 G variant for 6,399 PHP:
- The "G" variant likely refers to a processor with integrated graphics, which can be beneficial if you don't have a dedicated graphics card.
- If you don't plan on getting a separate GPU and need a processor with integrated graphics for display output, this could be a good choice.
- However, if you already have a dedicated graphics card, you might not need the integrated graphics and could opt for a non-"G" variant to potentially get better performance.

Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific needs and budget. If you're mainly doing light to moderate tasks and gaming, the Ryzen 5 5500 should suffice. If you need more power for demanding tasks, consider the Ryzen 5 5600. If you need integrated graphics, the "G" variant could be a suitable option. Assess your requirements and make a decision based on what aligns best with your usage scenario.

For your consideration, let's break down the options:

1. Ryzen 5 5500 for 4,099 PHP:
- The Ryzen 5 5500 is a solid mid-range processor with good performance for its price point.
- It should be able to handle most tasks and moderate gaming without any issues.
- If you have a tight budget and don't require the absolute highest performance, this could be a good choice.

2. Ryzen 5 5600 for 6,399 PHP:
- The Ryzen 5 5600 is a step up in terms of performance compared to the Ryzen 5 5500. It offers more cores and better overall performance.
- If you do more demanding tasks like heavy gaming, content creation, or video editing, the Ryzen 5 5600 might be worth the extra investment.
- Consider this option if you need the extra processing power and can afford the higher price.

3. Ryzen 5 G variant for 6,399 PHP:
- The "G" variant likely refers to a processor with integrated graphics, which can be beneficial if you don't have a dedicated graphics card.
- If you don't plan on getting a separate GPU and need a processor with integrated graphics for display output, this could be a good choice.
- However, if you already have a dedicated graphics card, you might not need the integrated graphics and could opt for a non-"G" variant to potentially get better performance.

Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific needs and budget. If you're mainly doing light to moderate tasks and gaming, the Ryzen 5 5500 should suffice. If you need more power for demanding tasks, consider the Ryzen 5 5600. If you need integrated graphics, the "G" variant could be a suitable option. Assess your requirements and make a decision based on what aligns best with your usage scenario.
I have an rx580 planning it to use temporary gpu while i wait for a better opportunity to buy a much more better gpu to pair with the Ryzen 5 5600, i found that it's cheaper in easypc at 5,793 pesos. Should i go for the non g version? At it's price, is it a good buy or should i wait again for better voucher and flash sale?

I have an rx580 planning it to use temporary gpu while i wait for a better opportunity to buy a much more better gpu to pair with the Ryzen 5 5600, i found that it's cheaper in easypc at 5,793 pesos. Should i go for the non g version? At it's price, is it a good buy or should i wait again for better voucher and flash sale?
Given your situation with the RX 580 as a temporary GPU and your plan to upgrade to a better GPU in the future, here are some considerations for the Ryzen 5 5600 non-G version priced at 5,793 PHP:

1. Performance: The Ryzen 5 5600 is a powerful processor that can handle demanding tasks and gaming. Paired with your RX 580, you should see good performance in most games and applications.

2. Future-Proofing: Investing in a higher-end processor like the Ryzen 5 5600 can help future-proof your system for upcoming games and software that may require more processing power.

3. Value for Money: At 5,793 PHP, the Ryzen 5 5600 offers excellent performance for its price. It's a good buy considering its capabilities and potential longevity in your system.

4. Availability of Vouchers and Flash Sales: While waiting for better deals through vouchers or flash sales can save you some money, it's important to consider how long you're willing to wait and if the potential savings are worth the delay.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a high-performance processor to pair with your RX 580 and are satisfied with the current price of the Ryzen 5 5600, it could be a good buy. However, if you're open to waiting for potential discounts through vouchers or flash sales and don't need the upgrade immediately, you could monitor prices for a better deal. Ultimately, the decision depends on your priorities regarding performance, timing, and budget.

Given your situation with the RX 580 as a temporary GPU and your plan to upgrade to a better GPU in the future, here are some considerations for the Ryzen 5 5600 non-G version priced at 5,793 PHP:

1. Performance: The Ryzen 5 5600 is a powerful processor that can handle demanding tasks and gaming. Paired with your RX 580, you should see good performance in most games and applications.

2. Future-Proofing: Investing in a higher-end processor like the Ryzen 5 5600 can help future-proof your system for upcoming games and software that may require more processing power.

3. Value for Money: At 5,793 PHP, the Ryzen 5 5600 offers excellent performance for its price. It's a good buy considering its capabilities and potential longevity in your system.

4. Availability of Vouchers and Flash Sales: While waiting for better deals through vouchers or flash sales can save you some money, it's important to consider how long you're willing to wait and if the potential savings are worth the delay.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a high-performance processor to pair with your RX 580 and are satisfied with the current price of the Ryzen 5 5600, it could be a good buy. However, if you're open to waiting for potential discounts through vouchers or flash sales and don't need the upgrade immediately, you could monitor prices for a better deal. Ultimately, the decision depends on your priorities regarding performance, timing, and budget.
Well that was my plan way way back. But now i don't really use the computer to game. If i do, i only play dota 2 and genshin impact, i don't even do daily commission anymore. So exhausting.

Well that was my plan way way back. But now i don't really use the computer to game. If i do, i only play dota 2 and genshin impact, i don't even do daily commission anymore. So exhausting.
If your primary use for the computer is no longer gaming-intensive, and you mainly play games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact occasionally, you may not require a high-end processor like the Ryzen 5 5600. Here are some considerations based on your updated usage scenario:

1. Ryzen 5 5500 for 4,099 PHP: Since your gaming needs are not very demanding, the Ryzen 5 5500 could still be a suitable option for your usage. It offers good performance for its price and should handle games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact well.

2. Budget Consideration: Given that your gaming activities are not very intensive, sticking with a more budget-friendly option like the Ryzen 5 5500 could be a cost-effective choice. It provides a balance between performance and cost.

3. Future Upgrades: If you plan to upgrade your GPU in the future for better gaming performance, you could consider saving on the processor now and allocating more budget towards a future GPU upgrade.

4. Overall System Balance: It's important to ensure that your system components are balanced. While the processor is essential, consider other factors like RAM, storage, and GPU to create a well-rounded system that meets your needs.

In summary, if your gaming activities are not very demanding and you primarily play games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact occasionally, the Ryzen 5 5500 could still provide sufficient performance while being more budget-friendly than the Ryzen 5 5600. Assess your current and future needs to make an informed decision on the processor that best suits your usage scenario.

I'm actually uding
If your primary use for the computer is no longer gaming-intensive, and you mainly play games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact occasionally, you may not require a high-end processor like the Ryzen 5 5600. Here are some considerations based on your updated usage scenario:

1. Ryzen 5 5500 for 4,099 PHP: Since your gaming needs are not very demanding, the Ryzen 5 5500 could still be a suitable option for your usage. It offers good performance for its price and should handle games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact well.

2. Budget Consideration: Given that your gaming activities are not very intensive, sticking with a more budget-friendly option like the Ryzen 5 5500 could be a cost-effective choice. It provides a balance between performance and cost.

3. Future Upgrades: If you plan to upgrade your GPU in the future for better gaming performance, you could consider saving on the processor now and allocating more budget towards a future GPU upgrade.

4. Overall System Balance: It's important to ensure that your system components are balanced. While the processor is essential, consider other factors like RAM, storage, and GPU to create a well-rounded system that meets your needs.

In summary, if your gaming activities are not very demanding and you primarily play games like Dota 2 and Genshin Impact occasionally, the Ryzen 5 5500 could still provide sufficient performance while being more budget-friendly than the Ryzen 5 5600. Assess your current and future needs to make an informed decision on the processor that best suits your usage scenario.
Currently running my rig with ryzen 3 2200g with the rx 580.

Hey bot check this, a bundle for 8k.
BRANDNEW BUNDLE🔥🔥🔥

AMD RYZEN 5 5600G PROCESSOR
BIOSTAR B450MX-S MOTHERBOARD
SKIHOTAR DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHZ

Currently running my rig with ryzen 3 2200g with the rx 580.

Hey bot check this, a bundle for 8k.
BRANDNEW BUNDLE🔥🔥🔥

AMD RYZEN 5 5600G PROCESSOR
BIOSTAR B450MX-S MOTHERBOARD
SKIHOTAR DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHZ
The bundle you mentioned, which includes the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor, Biostar B450MX-S motherboard, and Skihotar DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz, seems like a decent offer for 8,000 PHP. Here are some points to consider about this bundle:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Processor: The Ryzen 5 5600G is a solid mid-range processor with integrated graphics. It offers good performance for a variety of tasks, including light gaming and productivity workloads. It should be a significant upgrade from your current Ryzen 3 2200G in terms of performance.

2. Biostar B450MX-S Motherboard: The Biostar B450MX-S motherboard is compatible with the Ryzen 5 5600G processor and provides a decent set of features for a budget build. It should support your components well and offer room for future upgrades.

3. Skihotar DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz: The 8GB of RAM at 3200MHz is a decent starting point for most tasks, including gaming and general computer usage. However, for more demanding applications, you may consider upgrading to 16GB in the future.

4. Value for Money: At 8,000 PHP for the bundle, you are getting a good combination of processor, motherboard, and RAM. It offers a significant performance boost compared to your current setup and could be a worthwhile investment if you're looking to upgrade.

5. Future Upgrade Path: This bundle provides a solid foundation for your system and allows for future upgrades, such as adding more RAM, upgrading to a dedicated GPU, or swapping out the processor for a higher-end model if needed.

Overall, if you are looking for a performance boost and an upgrade from your current Ryzen 3 2200G setup, this bundle with the Ryzen 5 5600G, Biostar B450MX-S motherboard, and 8GB of RAM could be a good choice at the price point offered. It provides a good balance of performance and value, especially if you are not looking for high-end gaming performance.

Y
The bundle you mentioned, which includes the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor, Biostar B450MX-S motherboard, and Skihotar DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz, seems like a decent offer for 8,000 PHP. Here are some points to consider about this bundle:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Processor: The Ryzen 5 5600G is a solid mid-range processor with integrated graphics. It offers good performance for a variety of tasks, including light gaming and productivity workloads. It should be a significant upgrade from your current Ryzen 3 2200G in terms of performance.

2. Biostar B450MX-S Motherboard: The Biostar B450MX-S motherboard is compatible with the Ryzen 5 5600G processor and provides a decent set of features for a budget build. It should support your components well and offer room for future upgrades.

3. Skihotar DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz: The 8GB of RAM at 3200MHz is a decent starting point for most tasks, including gaming and general computer usage. However, for more demanding applications, you may consider upgrading to 16GB in the future.

4. Value for Money: At 8,000 PHP for the bundle, you are getting a good combination of processor, motherboard, and RAM. It offers a significant performance boost compared to your current setup and could be a worthwhile investment if you're looking to upgrade.

5. Future Upgrade Path: This bundle provides a solid foundation for your system and allows for future upgrades, such as adding more RAM, upgrading to a dedicated GPU, or swapping out the processor for a higher-end model if needed.

Overall, if you are looking for a performance boost and an upgrade from your current Ryzen 3 2200G setup, this bundle with the Ryzen 5 5600G, Biostar B450MX-S motherboard, and 8GB of RAM could be a good choice at the price point offered. It provides a good balance of performance and value, especially if you are not looking for high-end gaming performance.
Aye noted bot I'm going to sleep thanks

unless mag upgrade ka lng go DDR5, AM4 is already at its end. pero between 5500 and 5600, ill go 5600 all the way.
5 and below = mediocre performance. its a fact, be it processor or GPU, AMD, Nvidia, Intel.

I've read a thread somewhere in reddit that the PCIe 4.0 in the ryzen 5 5600 is a huge game changer daw compared sa ryzen 5 5500 which only has 3.0 PCIe. Is that a big deal ba? For someone na gusto maka tipid sa upgrade?
Pcie 4.0 only matters kung B550 or X570 mobo mo ksi yan lang may features na 4.0, useless din yan kung older mobo gamit mo.

unless mag upgrade ka lng go DDR5, AM4 is already at its end. pero between 5500 and 5600, ill go 5600 all the way.
5 and below = mediocre performance. its a fact, be it processor or GPU, AMD, Nvidia, Intel.
Does it have to be a new generation ba? Hindi na ba usable si AM4 for casual use of gaming and daily basic stuff?

Does it have to be a new generation ba? Hindi na ba usable si AM4 for casual use of gaming and daily basic stuff?
Not really, kung barely mo lng naman ginagamit, pero kung pang long time then yes, performance is important.
the older it gets the slower it becomes and the technology is moving forward.

Pcie 4.0 only matters kung B550 or X570 mobo mo ksi yan lang may features na 4.0, useless din yan kung older mobo gamit mo.
Pwede parin naman gamitin yung mga Discrete GPU that which uses 4.0 PCie sa older mobo which has 3.0 right? Pwede rin mag upgrade nalang in the long run ng mobo? Pero parang hassle haha. I only have 25k idk if pwede siya for am5 board and new processor also ram din. I can still reuse my old PSU i think? and storages, ssd and hdd.

Pwede parin naman gamitin yung mga Discrete GPU that which uses 4.0 PCie sa older mobo which has 3.0 right? Pwede rin mag upgrade nalang in the long run ng mobo? Pero parang hassle haha. I only have 25k idk if pwede siya for am5 board and new processor also ram din. I can still reuse my old PSU i think? and storages, ssd and hdd.
kung meron kang 25k for upgrade, the more reason to go AM5, wag kna sumakay sa bandwagon na "sapat na ang AM4" mas cheaper maganda performance etc.. totoo yan nung kapanahonan pa ng AM4. its almost 8 years old. its the best in its time. pero its already coming to an end. AM5 is already on its 2nd year.

4.0 on GPU doesnt really matter right now. except kung nka RTX 40 series or RX 7000 series ka.
pero sa m.2 SSD it matters a lot.

kung AM5+CPU+RAM lng need mo, sakto 25k.

So my point is, let me put it this way. Ikaw na user kung anong PC performance na nakasanayan mo, its enough. I get it. been there done that. ang importante may magamit, and its true. until ma experience mo na ang Entry-Mid Level performance.

Screenshot_4.png

benta mo nlng current CPU+Mobo+RAM+ GPU mo. this upgrade is way better than you're current setup.

kung and budget mo is below 8k then get ryzen 5600
kung budget mo is below 12k then get ryzen 5700x
pero kung kaya mo e push ang AM5 platform go get it. there is literally no reason not to.

you are literally paying for the performance not the product, otherwise why upgrade? you have a fully working ryzen 3 setup.

Attachments

Last edited:
same cpu lang yung 5500 and 5600G
clock speed lang pinag kaiba nila and my igpu yung 5600G
kaya mas mahal yung 5600G vs sa 5500 is kase
pinapkyaw ng mga low end builders kaya inflated yung price
if my gpu ka na rin naman no reason bilhin yung 5600G

either go 5500 for price or 5600 no G for performance