What's new

Closed Picture-picture? alamin nyo ito mga kaibigan! (health analyzer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsui56

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Okay, I realize this one is not quite available to everyone yet. I threw this one in here because it was really neat and it will not be long before everyone will be able to spot health problems using their cell phones. Most people are already aware of the “Red Eye Effect” where pupils appear red in photographs of eyes. This is caused by light reflecting off the eye’s retina, making the eyes appear red. However, sometimes only one eye appears red, and the other eye appears white (see above image). This is often an indicator for many dangerous health problems including melanoma and retinoblastoma - very dangerous cancers. There has been research into other devices that connect to your cell phone that can also detect cancers, malaria, and diabetes from your breath; test water quality for pathogens; andmonitor lung function in patients. The aim of these devices is to be low-cost, easy to use, and to save lives by detecting serious health problems earlier and getting treatment sooner - to which I think we can all agree is incredibly innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies.