What's new

Help Oclp failed update macOs sonoma

kadz4191

Honorary Poster
Established
Patulong po mga master, sinubukan q i update qng mbp mid 2010 core i7 2.66ghz or macbook pro 6,2 sa macos sonoma using oclp kaso na failed at napunta sa white screen of death.ayaw din gumana ng keys for reset like pram nvram kahit na recovery. Gusto ko lang sna ma update itong binigay na macbook kasi pinapanooran to ng baby nmin ngaun hnd na magamit.baka may makatulong.slamat

IMG_20231014_154420.jpg

Attachments

Hello!

I understand that you're having trouble updating your MacBook Pro to macOS Sonoma using OCLP, and it has resulted in a white screen of death. You've also mentioned that the reset keys like PRAM and NVRAM aren't working, and you can't access recovery mode. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I'll try my best to help you out.

First, let's address the white screen of death issue. This usually occurs due to software or hardware problems. Since you were attempting to update your macOS when this happened, it's likely a software-related issue. Here are a few suggestions you can try:

1. Safe Mode: Try booting your MacBook Pro in Safe Mode by pressing and holding the Shift key immediately after pressing the power button. This will perform a basic check of your system files and may help resolve any software conflicts.

2. Verbose Mode: Another troubleshooting step you can take is booting your MacBook Pro in Verbose Mode. Press and hold the Command + V keys immediately after pressing the power button. This will display all the background processes during startup and may provide some clues about what's causing the issue.

3. Single-User Mode: You can also try booting your MacBook Pro into Single-User Mode by pressing and holding the Command + S keys. This will allow you to access the command line interface, where you can run some diagnostic commands to identify and potentially fix the issue.

If none of these steps work, it might be a good idea to visit an authorized Apple service center or contact Apple Support for further assistance. They will have the necessary expertise and tools to diagnose and resolve the issue.

Regarding the macOS update, it's worth noting that your MacBook Pro model, mid-2010 (MacBookPro6,2), is officially unsupported by Apple for macOS Sonoma (macOS 12). The latest macOS version officially supported for your model is macOS High Sierra (macOS 10.13). While you may find workarounds to install a newer macOS version, it's important to ensure compatibility and consider the potential risks and drawbacks, such as performance issues or instability.

I hope this information helps you in resolving the issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!

Back