What's new

Help Laptop core i5 6th gen

Chronicace

Addict
Established
May alam po ba kayo na way to make my laptop work more efficient kasi minsan lag everytime na gumagawa ng schoolwors or minsan pag gusto ko maglaro need ko pa ibaba nang sobra resolution

Ps. 16 gb naman po yung ram , 125gb SSD and 1TB HDD

Yes, there are several ways to make your laptop work more efficiently. Here are some tips to improve performance:

1. Clean up your system: Remove unnecessary files, uninstall unused programs, and clear your browser cache. Use a disk cleanup tool to free up space on your hard drive.

2. Update your operating system and drivers: Regularly update your operating system and device drivers to ensure compatibility and fix bugs. This can greatly improve system stability and performance.

3. Optimize startup programs: Disable unnecessary programs from starting up automatically when your laptop boots. This can be done in the Task Manager or using third-party startup management tools.

4. Manage background processes: Close unnecessary background processes that consume system resources, especially when running memory-intensive applications or games. You can use the Task Manager to identify and terminate these processes.

5. Upgrade your storage: Consider upgrading your primary storage to a larger SSD or a faster NVMe SSD. This will significantly improve boot times and application loading speed.

6. Adjust power settings: Optimize your laptop's power settings to balance performance and battery life. You can use the power management options in your operating system to customize power plans.

7. Check for malware and viruses: Run regular scans with a reliable antivirus software to remove any malware or viruses that may be affecting your laptop's performance.

8. Disable visual effects: Reduce or disable unnecessary visual effects such as animations, transparency, and shadows. This can help reduce the strain on your system resources.

9. Upgrade your graphics card: If you are experiencing lag during gaming or graphic-intensive tasks, consider upgrading your graphics card to a more powerful one.

10. Keep your laptop cool: Ensure proper ventilation and cooling for your laptop. Overheating can cause performance throttling, leading to lag and decreased efficiency. Use a cooling pad or elevate your laptop to improve airflow.

Implementing these tips should significantly improve the overall performance and efficiency of your laptop.

mostly cause ng lag sa laptop is overheat, kya need mo always ng cooler, sa gaming unless may GPU laptop mo, its not made for games.
few years back around 2016 may laptop ako i5 5th gen 16gb ram with geforce 840M. selected games lang nalalaro ko at 1080p lowest settings. higher settings would lower my FPS below 60 unless its a game way back 2010, so kung walang GPU laptop mo its much worst, lalo na 2023 na ngayon.