What's new

Help Issues in creating a Minecraft server...

You probably already knew some of things about creating a minecraft server yet, It's still doesn't work and after all those process of going back and forth, tryin to figure out what went wrong.

DISCLAIMER: I hadn't resolved the issue my self but at least I SOMEHOW manage to understand what ever the f**k is wrong after trying to figure it out after an ALL NIGHT research. Also! feel free to correct me if i'm wrong in some part of this post and i'm VERY open for correction in order to further understand the issue so nobody will end up like me who(please ignore the ff part) wasted his time figuring this out than doing his over due home works.

First i am going to summarize of what ever the f**k just happened in my adventure(in which may be the same in your case) to give you more idea to what we're about to discuss.

1.) Set up the base files for the server where you could join the server as local host or with LOCAL IP.(which is the IPV4that's can only be seen in cmd by typing ip config)

2.) Publicize the server in order for your friends to join. This is by allowing the tcp and udp minecraft port in your firewall and doing a port forward in your router (mine's pldt fibr btw)

3.) Sh*t didn't work as shown in the https://www.portchecktool.com(IT HAS TO BE GREEEEEEEEEN!)

Now... In order to Publicize our server we need a static PUBLIC IP ADDRESS(in which can be seen in You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., into the wan of your router admin access by logging in with your default gateway, and by typing tracert 8.8.8.8). But FIRST THING FIRST! you have to figure out if your modem is on CGNAT as it will not show you the right PUBLIC IP you need to use in order to publicize your server.

Many would tell you to type tracert 8.8.8.8 and that if you there's a 100.X.X.X in the list of IPs that was shown but it was not the case of me at all.. i think. What i saw was that, what was shown in the You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., my wan on the router in the admin log in AND tracert were all different on their own based on what i remembered. But i think i saw the 100.X.X.X on my wan of my router's admin log in(not on the tracert but it may differ in your case). The simple easy fix is to call your ISP's customer support(mine's pldt which is 171) and told them that i haf to remove it WITHOUT QUESTIONS ASKED. If they insisted to know the reason, just drop the call and call again for another agent that may resolve the problem IMMIDIETLY.

TO SUM THIS PART UP, CHECK -->[You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.] ,,, [TRACERT 8.8.8.8] ,,, AND [WAN IP ADDRESS](your router's admin log in) IF YOU ARE IN CGNAT IP WHICH IS 100.X.X.X AND THEN, CALL FOR A CUSTOMER SERVICE HOTLINE FOR A REQUEST TO REMOVE IT.

NOW! if there's NO DIRECT CONFIRMATION regarding your issue in cgnat that was supposed to be removed(after 48 hours). Let's confirm it ourselves.

1.) Go to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. and write it down. That is what you PUBLIC IP should look like and the IP that's you're supposed to share to your friends
2.) Go to tracert and check the 2nd or 3rd IP address(usually the ip below 192.168.X.X) and compare it to your PUBLIC IP if it matched then you are most like out of CGNAT now.
3. Make sure that what's on you WAN(router admin log in) is also the same of the two.(If not then you may hafto w8 for another day or 2 just like what the CS told me)

Now that you've manage to get past the hassle that lasted for days.. NOW WHAT?!

Now we hafto know or make sure that our PUBLIC IP ADDRESS is a static one. The way that i know of if buy writing down or screen shotting what was shown in the You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. and then wait for a ANOTHER/NEXT DAY only to check it again. If the ip has changed then you are not in a STATIC IP ADDRESS!!!!1

The ONLY SOLUTION IN MY CASE is to UPGRAGE for a BUSINESS PLAN which is probably this: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

With that.. you may now be able to proceed to successfully port forward your server and PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS! :DDDD

although i'm pretty sure that my dynamic public ip is at fault right now.. i'm still sus at my firewall even though i made sure that the port was allowed in it and not blocked

as of now i am stuck, sleepy and sad that i wasn't able to create my dream server of minecraft :((((((
That' all for now. I wish this could make things "easy" for you and avoid SOME hassles too.

Would like to create a local server as well as soon as i get home, What i want is to be able to play with my friends on local server, all of us will be using Ipads Btw. I though it will be easy since i already managed to create a local server for Terraria and Portal Knights without any issues at all. All are able to join whether they are using the IOS or Android version of the Game.

Would like to create a local server as well as soon as i get home, What i want is to be able to play with my friends on local server, all of us will be using Ipads Btw. I though it will be easy since i already managed to create a local server for Terraria and Portal Knights without any issues at all. All are able to join whether they are using the IOS or Android version of the Game.
by local server u mean LAN server? then there wont be any problem at all... im talking about joining from different network

As addition... i will also show the set up that i made. I hope someone who knew something about this issue IN PARTICULAR could see this and provide help :)

1.) Firewall
1636848503084.png

-But when viewing on TCP viewer these ports ain't showing at all (it does show.. it does not when the server was not up)
1636848657373.png

2.) Port Forwarding

My PUBLIC IP seems to be static after waiting for few days and see no sign of change whatsoever.
1636848994837.png

1636849153159.png

The only VISIBLE problem i could see here is the 25565 port not showing on the tcp viewer tool. Also on cmd, they doesn't seem show after carefully skimming on those long list of ports(i wish i could sort it) even tho it was VISIBLY allowed on my firewall

I wonder if disabling my firewall altogether will solve the issue

btw.. is this supposed to be "not connected"??
1636849503447.png

Attachments

Last edited:
by local server u mean LAN server? then there wont be any problem at all... im talking about joining from different network

As addition... i will also show the set up that i made. I hope someone who knew something about this issue IN PARTICULAR could see this and provide help :)

1.) FirewallView attachment 1712630

-But when viewing on TCP viewer these ports ain't showing at all (it does show.. it does not when the server was not up)View attachment 1712633

2.) Port Forwarding

My PUBLIC IP seems to be static after waiting for few days and see no sign of change whatsoever.
View attachment 1712638

View attachment 1712640

The only VISIBLE problem i could see here is the 25565 port not showing on the tcp viewer tool. Also on cmd, they doesn't seem show after carefully skimming on those long list of ports(i wish i could sort it) even tho it was VISIBLY allowed on my firewall

I wonder if disabling my firewall altogether will solve the issue

btw.. is this supposed to be "not connected"??View attachment 1712650
Strangely enough.. whenever i revisit the admin acc of my router, the port forward i did disappears(sometimes)
1636851557326.png

Attachments

Last edited: