What's new

Trivia If atheists try answering this question I will turn atheist. If the Big Bang created everything then where did the Big Bang come from?

plhbg1

Forum Master
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
If atheists try answering this question I will turn atheist.
I will not only try to answer this question, I will actually answer it! …and I won’t need any luck. :D
If the Big Bang created everything then where did the Big Bang come from?
No one is saying the Big Bang created everything.
In fact, The Big Bang Theory claims only to create laughs on occasion, and it originates in the brilliance of Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady.
It is (sure, arguably) one of the best contemporary sitcoms created for television!

…what? Oh; you actually meant to say:
If the Big Bang Lambda Cold Dark Matter model (ΛCDM) created everything then where did the Big Bang ΛCDM come from?

Cleaned up!

The foundational problem is, your question is making an assumption that may not be valid:

If ΛCDM created everything
That’s an awfully large “If” you have there.
We do not know that ΛCDM created anything, let alone everything.
In fact, we have no evidence of anything having been created.

Ever.

We have lots of evidence for transitions and transformations, but exactly zero evidence for creation.

As for:

Where did ΛCDM come from?
We’ll have to back up slightly and make the unsubstantiated assumption that ΛCDM did create everything, otherwise, it’s pointless to attempt to answer this bit.
Even if ΛCDM did create everything, we do not know that “where”, “did”, and “come from” are even applicable, and it’s not possible to reasonably attempt to answer this without ensuring they are.

All we know at the moment about the universe in which we find ourselves is that it does, in fact, exist.
(“What does ‘exist’ mean” or similar mental ma̾sturbations or moving the goalposts that philosophers and some theists are so fond of will be ignored.)
We do not know that “origin”, “before”, “create”, “everything”, “nothing”, or any other attempt to describe whatever occurs outside of what we know of the universe in which we find ourselves are even applicable.

All we have is a reasonably good (and useful in a lot of ways) picture of the universe in which we find ourselves via the ΛCDM model.

welcome to atheism, hehe

Last edited:
Simple lang nmn. When a theist ask you this, or if you think this is a valid question,

There is no reason to assume that the universe is a "creation" or it needs a "creator".
If you think that is weird for the big bang to happen without a creator, does is make it less wierd if you put a diety before it? No, because you can always ask again, where this creator come from... if you can say that this God does not need a creator, then why can't an atheist claim the same thing for bigbang.

Besides, as the theory goes, time, space and matter theoratically does not exist beyond that point. Nothing can exist there. I guess if you can call your god nothing, then you win.

Besides, as the theory goes, time, space and matter theoretically does not exist beyond that point. Nothing can exist there. I guess if you can call your god nothing, then you win.
yes and ika nga [a quantum “nothing” is still something], and thus we never had a universe that wasn’t here, no need for a god, at all…

Back