What's new

Closed I got scammed! (scammer alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhnnlasnts

Forum Veteran
Elite
So I was buying a second hand iphone from carousell ph, which I will use as a spare phone. The seller really is believable for:
1. She has good ratings (which is fake, I believe)
2. We transacted via her bank account
3. She sent me an ID and all the selfies I required to prove legitimacy
Now, I was asking for the tracking number from LBC pero wala syang sinend. Hindi nagreply. She even deleted, and reposted the product!
I already filed a case sa PNP and Carousell, but I don't think gagalaw agad yung investigation. I got all her confidential record except her address.
Can you suggest me to do something? I'm from Manila, and she's from Davao.

Lastly, beware of scammers anywhere.

So I was buying a second hand iphone from carousell ph, which I will use as a spare phone. The seller really is believable for:
1. She has good ratings (which is fake, I believe)
2. We transacted via her bank account
3. She sent me an ID and all the selfies I required to prove legitimacy
Now, I was asking for the tracking number from LBC pero wala syang sinend. Hindi nagreply. She even deleted, and reposted the product!
I already filed a case sa PNP and Carousell, but I don't think gagalaw agad yung investigation. I got all her confidential record except her address.
Can you suggest me to do something? I'm from Manila, and she's from Davao.

Lastly, beware of scammers anywhere.

Ma'am anu po name nyan? may screenshots kayo? nag titingin pa nmn po ako sa Carousell kasi nga less scam daw, pa drop nlng dito para maiwasan thx

ang pagkakasabi eh mas marami daw scammer sa Carousell?
kaya hindi na ako nagtitingin dun eh.

pero kung fake id ang pinakita sayo, mahihirapan kayo.

kung masipag ka, pwedeng gamit ka ng ibang account tapos kunyari bilhin mo yun ni-repost niya tapos video call ayun

giphy.gif

Attachments

I trusted because I didn't know na pwede na pala ang dummy sa bank? Lol. I have transacted with a lot of sellers from Carousell pero ngayon lang ako nascam–via bank pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.