What's new

Help I can't reset my laptop

johnroxas155

Eternal Poster
Established
Pa help naman po
IMG_20240317_145542_788.jpg

Attachments

Hello! Sure, I'd be happy to help you. What seems to be the issue with resetting your laptop? Let me know the details so I can provide you with the best possible assistance.

Hello! Sure, I'd be happy to help you. What seems to be the issue with resetting your laptop? Let me know the details so I can provide you with the best possible assistance.
I can't update my laptop because it say we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

I can't update my laptop because it say we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes
It sounds like you are encountering an issue with Windows updates on your laptop. When you see the message "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes," it usually indicates that the update process was not successful and Windows is reverting back to its previous state.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can help in resolving update-related issues. Try restarting your laptop and see if the updates complete successfully.

2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Click on Windows Update and then click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to let Windows diagnose and fix any issues with Windows Update.

3. Check Disk Space:
- Ensure that your laptop has enough free disk space for the updates to be downloaded and installed. You can check this by going to Settings > System > Storage.

4. Manually Reset Windows Update Components:
- Sometimes resetting the Windows Update components can help resolve update issues. You can do this by running some commands in Command Prompt with administrative privileges. Here's how:
1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator. You can do this by searching for "cmd" in the Start menu, right-clicking on Command Prompt, and selecting "Run as administrator."
2. Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each one:
Code:
        net stop wuauserv
        net stop cryptSvc
        net stop bits
        net stop msiserver
        ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
        ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
        net start wuauserv
        net start cryptSvc
        net start bits
        net start msiserver
3. After running these commands, try running Windows Update again.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to consider more advanced troubleshooting steps or seek help from a professional. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!