What's new

Tutorial How To Fix Google Drive Quota Exceed Error

Minsan mga lods di na gumana yan, ito mas updated at mas maayos na guide galing sa russian tropapits ko sa cr@ck3d scene.

delmoyofyu said:
Rui said:
Figured I could add a visual guide. This is based on the shortcut method explained on the previous page.

[DISCLAIMER"]The knowledge shared here is passed from one people to another, and unfortunately I also have no idea of who came up originally with this method anymore - the only thing I'm 100% certain is that I wasn't the one.[/spoiler]

[STEP 1 - PREPARATIONS"]1. You need a gmail account, with access to the google drive service, which is essential for this by-pass method to work. If you're not willing to register a gmail account, you can stop reading here;
2. Unlike the old "copy to your drive" method (which doesn't work anymore anyway), the free space you have on your google drive is irrelevant for this method;
3. If you're downloading a single file, you'll need a "dummy" file for the by-pass method to work, because it relies on downloading at least TWO FILES at the same time. I'll post an example on the steps below;
4. It is recommended you use Google Chrome browser for these procedure (it could also work on other browsers, there have been a few positive reports regarding this situation)[/spoiler]

[STEP 2 - ADDING THE SHORTCUTS"]1. Open the google drive link and add it as shortcut. It doesn't take up any space from your own google drive, so the size of the file you want to download doesn't matter at all.

vlCMg2p.png

2. As I wrote above, this method only works provided you download more than 1 file at once; therefore, I recommend you have a "dummy" file permanently added as a shortcut on your google drive (preferably a small file). I think (not 100% sure) any file from any google drive account will do, but I created a specific one for this effect, you can use it if you like: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..[/spoiler]

[STEP 3 - DOWNLOAD"]1. Now go to your gmail account, and open google drive. If you did the previous step correctly, you should have those two files in your shortcuts folder.

29JHevy.png

2. Now all that's left is to download. Remember you have to select at least two files for the method to work.

hevkX8f.png

3. Actually, there's something else. If the game you want is split into multiple parts and you use the bypass method to download each at a time - and this is my personal recommendation, don't ever try to download multiple 10Gb parts at the same time or you'll be left waiting for hours until compression finishes - you WILL need to rename the downloaded file before extracting the whole thing, because Google Drive tends to add an unnecessary "-002" suffix. This situation I exposed should be rather obvious to people that deal with compressed files frequently, but I came across some who had problems with this, and were saying the downloaded parts were corrupt when they actually weren't.[/spoiler]

[RECOMMENDATIONS"]1. Before the download starts, Google Drive will compress the files you selected to download; this process WILL take a while, and it takes longer if the files you want to download are large; therefore, if you want to download a game with multi 10GB parts, for instance, I'd recommend you use the dummy file to allow you to download each 10GB part separately; in theory, you could download them all at the same time, but you'd have to wait "hours" for GD to finish compressing it all;
2. Always keep a dummy file in your shortcuts folder, so that you don't need to worry about fetching another one again;
3. Use Google Chrome as your default browser. Thanks to Masquerade64 for the tip!
4. It has been reported that this method works fine on other browsers, like You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. for instance;
5. I'll add more as I remember them or read people's feedback[/spoiler]

Works with firefox. Thanks

Minsan mga lods di na gumana yan, ito mas updated at mas maayos na guide galing sa russian tropapits ko sa cr@ck3d scene.
copy paste nyo na lang or isave nyo, useful din kasi. Feedback nyo na din kung gumana sa inyo itong alternative na to

Back