What's new

Help [help] mtk android re-flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, Need help on re-flashing Starmobile Jump HD. So basically my test device is infected with a malware, device still boots and can be reset yet after a reset, malicious files are still stuck on the device, (Googled a few bit and I "think" they call this monkey virus, not sure if correct term or name). Anyway, I tried a couple of steps to try and re-flash the device so far, nothing worked.

I tried have a .PAC file, I can't get SPD to work, I have drivers but still device is not detected. I have SP Flash tools, but I don't have a copy of a stock ROM and scatter file for Starmobile Jump HD. Looking forward to any replies that can help me.

Suspicious files installed (Can't be removed, only disabled. This device is not yet rooted):
Pearo, Xprotect, Shell, FingerPrintScannerTools, com.gzip.qmiproxy.jbqs. (I think Starmobile Care App is infected as well.)

P.S. Pa help naman. :)

Root + stuborn trojan killer.
Problem solved. Tested ko na ito

Hey. Thanks sa reply. Well into next problem naman Sir. Reason why I want to directly re-flash is, I can't root my device, I can't even access recovery mode of the phone. I've tried lots of combinations on the power buttons (up and down) plus the power button but I still can't access the recovery mode of this phone.

I've read somewhere here on PHcorner on how to access the recovery but still no go. Any ideas?

Hey. Thanks sa reply. Well into next problem naman Sir. Reason why I want to directly re-flash is, I can't root my device, I can't even access recovery mode of the phone. I've tried lots of combinations on the power buttons (up and down) plus the power button but I still can't access the recovery mode of this phone.

I've read somewhere here on PHcorner on how to access the recovery but still no go. Any ideas?

you can also boot to recovery using fastboot command via pc. dl your cp drivers (fastboot,adb etc). download the adb tools extract it to your pc. i just saw it from google. surely you can also search all the needed instructions from google. so, just keep searching.

Have you tried i click root apps like "kingroot" or "kingoroot"

I tried latest version of KingRoot didn't work. I haven't tried KingORoot yet. Do these apps even work? LOL. I usually root my devices by flashing a new recovery and then a new ROM. I'll try other root apps see if they work and will get back here as soon as I can. Thanks!

you can also boot to recovery using fastboot command via pc. dl your cp drivers (fastboot,adb etc). download the adb tools extract it to your pc. i just saw it from google. surely you can also search all the needed instructions from google. so, just keep searching.

I actually forgot about the fastboot cmd. I have it on my test Win7 machine (to remove problems with unsigned drivers). Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you guys as soon as I have finished trying the methods you mentioned.

I tried latest version of KingRoot didn't work. I haven't tried KingORoot yet. Do these apps even work? LOL. I usually root my devices by flashing a new recovery and then a new ROM. I'll try other root apps see if they work and will get back here as soon as I can. Thanks!
They do work. This one click root apps usually compatible with mtk devices but not all since not all devices is compatible with the exploit present in the app. Before i forget try also FRAMAROOT

They do work. This one click root apps usually compatible with mtk devices but not all since not all devices is compatible with the exploit present in the app. Before i forget try also FRAMAROOT

Do you have a direct link for Framaroot? The one on XDA is dead (I think I can request a new one but it'll probably take time a day or two maybe before the mod sees the request). The links that I can see online asks for surveys to be completed first before I can download it, and I don't like taking those (they most of the time don't work for PH).

Do you have a direct link for Framaroot? The one on XDA is dead (I think I can request a new one but it'll probably take time a day or two maybe before the mod sees the request). The links that I can see online asks for surveys to be completed first before I can download it, and I don't like taking those (they most of the time don't work for PH).
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

So just an update and one question.

Most of the apps for one click didn't work for the phone, what worked though was the adb access, I was able to access fastboot and recovery. So I guess my next options are to look for a ROM stock or custom man.

I found a ROM here on PCcorner. Question is, will the default recovery work for the stock or custom ROMS or do I need to flash a new recovery, if yes any recovery that worked for your devices?

Really appreciate the help.

So just an update and one question.

Most of the apps for one click didn't work for the phone, what worked though was the adb access, I was able to access fastboot and recovery. So I guess my next options are to look for a ROM stock or custom man.

I found a ROM here on PCcorner. Question is, will the default recovery work for the stock or custom ROMS or do I need to flash a new recovery, if yes any recovery that worked for your devices?

Really appreciate the help.
Are you using stock,cwm,twrp?

Are you using stock,cwm,twrp?

I was able to make the SPD run for my SC7731. I will upload the details on how I fixed this including the SPD version and Spreadtrum driver version I used later or tomorrow. Thank you, both of you. This issue is now fixed.

Time to move on to news experimental issues. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back