What's new

Help Found a stray kitten. within 2 weeks it died.

thisishard

Eternal Poster
Established
hi. my brother-in-law found a stray kitten. and took it in their house.
My son who is 3 years old got scratch by that cat.
our cat eats naman and drinks water.
but within 2 weeks. it mysteriously died.
the problem is my father in law already threw the body and I'm not sure if it have rabies.

The kitten when it was alive. was playful and doesn't bite naman. So I was wondering if I should vaccinate my son or not.
Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the stray kitten. It's understandable that you are concerned about the potential for rabies transmission if the kitten was infected. While I'm not a veterinarian, I can provide some general information that may be helpful.

Firstly, it's important to note that rabies is a very serious viral infection that can be transmitted from animals to humans. However, it's relatively rare in cats, especially domesticated ones. If the kitten did not exhibit any signs of aggression or abnormal behavior, the chances of it having rabies are generally low.

Since the kitten has already been disposed of, it may not be possible to test it for rabies. However, if the kitten was displaying any unusual symptoms before it died, such as excessive drooling, aggression, or difficulty walking, it would have been wise to report the incident to local animal control or a veterinarian. They could have provided guidance on whether post-exposure rabies treatment was necessary for your son.

If you are still worried or uncertain about the situation, it would be best to consult with a healthcare professional, preferably a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases or a pediatrician. They can assess the risk based on the specific circumstances, including the behavior of the kitten and the nature of the scratch. They may recommend rabies vaccination or any other appropriate course of action.

Remember, it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to potential health risks.