What's new

Closed Duterte vs fishermen: Is the Philippines lawyering for China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Rodrigo Duterte and his alter egos doubt their own countrymen whose boat was sunk by a Chinese ship in the West Philippine Sea on June 9, 2019

After 22 Filipino fishermen aboard fishing boat Gem-Ver You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. by a Chinese vessel in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), they face another collision at home: with their own government.
While the fishermen insisted that they were rammed by a Chinese vessel, President Rodrigo Duterte on June 17 You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. as a "maritime incident."
At the same time, Duterte's men either refused to adopt the fishermen's statements or contradicted them outright.
The President himself echoed China's foreign ministry, which said on June 13 that the sinking of Gem-Ver You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. He refused to condemn China – You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. against the United States, the European Union, Canada, and Kuwait over perceived affronts to Filipinos.
Duterte also You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. of a joint Manila-Beijing investigation into the issue – which, according to critics, places the Philippines and China in one team against the fishermen.
"Hindi namin alam kung kinakampihan pa kami (We don't know if they're still siding with us)," You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., one of the owners of Gem-Ver, on June 18.

Senator Panfilo Lacson said Duterte's spokesman, Salvador Panelo, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
"He is acting like the defense ministry of China, or is lawyering for the Chinese crew, because he is finding loopholes in our fishermen's words," said Lacson in a mix of English and Filipino. "His mindset is like a defense counsel entering his appearance for China, as if he was in a courtroom."

Is the Philippine government indeed lawyering for China?

The incident is only part of the stream of a grander issue: the Philippines' rights over Recto Bank.
Duterte himself downplays the Philippines' exclusive rights to fish in the area.

This is despite a 2016 international ruling that recognizes Recto Bank as part of the Philippines' exclusive economic zone, a 200-nautical mile area where the Philippines has the exclusive rights to fish and enjoy other resources, such as oil and natural gas.

Simply put: The waters where the Philippine boat was sunk by a Chinese ship belong to the Philippines alone.
Duterte on June 21 said the Recto Bank incident was not an attack on Philippine sovereignty, but You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. over the area.

On June 24, Duterte stressed that Recto Bank "has two conflicting claims of ownership," even if a Hague tribunal already ruled, once and for all, that the West Philippine Sea belongs to the Philippines.
In effect, Duterte, like China, was not recognizing the Hague ruling of 2016.

In the same June 24 interview, a journalist asked the President: "Will you prevent China from fishing within our EEZ? Iyong pwede po bang… kasi 'yun 'yung request ng mga fishermen?"
Duterte answered: "I don't think that China would do that. Why? Because we're friends. And they are of the same view that that should not result in any bloody confrontation."

Panelo, interpreting Duterte, said the Philippines "will allow" China to fish in the West Philippine Sea "kasi we're friends naman, 'di magbigayan muna tayo

Experts say the Recto Bank incident could only be a test of the Duterte government's reaction to China’s similar moves in the future. If the government reacts lightly, this could further embolden China to ram more Filipino boats to drive them away from the West Philippine Sea.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

And ang reason nya bakit ayaw niya makipag gera sa china kasi DAW talo daw tayo... Eh sa canada uubra ba tayo? Niluluto sa sariling mantika idol mo. Nyahahahahahaa
your not thinking again...use that head of yours..the president even curse at barrack obama..then threatens canada with war if you they will not take away their garbage back[maybe you want those rotting diapers in your backyard]..if we is what you say going to war with china..do you think those western countries will help us..??..lol..atleast what i think if ever we will have to go to war..we ASIAN and our closest countries will help us

Not true... I won't blame duterte for a typhoon for example :D or more seriously, I never blamed him for the wrongdoings of the previous administration.
I blame him for destroying our country, for killing innocents, for killing addicts without due process, for selling our country to china, for spitting on our Constitution... at iba pa!
see thats why our country never prosper..you people has the habit of pointing fingers when something is wrong..like pointing the reason of being late to work or school to the driver when it is you that woke up late

Sa akin naman parehong private vessels ang nag banggaan so dapat yun mga involved.. cla na sana mag settle sa issue. Medyo pinalaki lang ata masyado ang issue ng media at ng mga tao. Kawawa nga naman yun mga fishermen natin kc maliit yun bangka nila eh kaya lang hindi na bago yun mga ganyan pangyayari sa karagatan. May mga Seaman akong pinsan at ilang beses narin cla nakaranas ng ganyan pero hindi naman ginagawang national issue yun mga ganyan.. Imbestigahan nlng muna ng maigi before tayo magalit or pairalin ang ating mga emosyon. Advice ko lang wag sana puro kamailan ng presidente tingnan. Kung sa tingin natin ay Mali wag natin suportahan pero kung nasa tama naman ay suportahan natin. Wag sana puro negative. Neutral lang ako hindi ako anti or pro admin kaya kayo din sana na makakabasa nito 😘

see thats why our country never prosper..you people has the habit of pointing fingers when something is wrong..like pointing the reason of being late to work or school to the driver when it is you that woke up late
So don't say anything when your president is destroying the country... ok lang sayo? Yesterday he said that the Constitution is a toilet paper... ok lang sayo?
That's why our country will never prosper under duterte... you people are loyal to duterte (whatever he says or does) but not to your country! Shame!

So don't say anything when your president is destroying the country... ok lang sayo? Yesterday he said that the Constitution is a toilet paper... ok lang sayo?
That's why our country will never prosper under duterte... you people are loyal to duterte (whatever he says or does) but not to your country! Shame!
nope but we dont see anything wrong on what he is saying so why would we comment bad about him..??we see good changes under his administration..the one who is destroying the country are you crab mentally people who just dont want the country to prosper under duterte because you dont like him because you want somebody else..Shame!

nope but we dont see anything wrong on what he is saying so why would we comment bad about him..??we see good changes under his administration..the one who is destroying the country are you crab mentally people who just dont want the country to prosper under duterte because you dont like him because you want somebody else..Shame!
Just talking about the economy, the country has now 7.8 trillion pesos utang.

Since duterte is president, walang tigil ang paglobo ng debt growth rate:

• March 2017 + 4.9%
• March 2018 + 11.1%
• March 2019 + 13.4% (pinakamataas sa loob ng 9yrs)

Dahil dito, sa total 101M PH population, bawat Pilipino ay may utang na P77,265...

Please enlight me on the good things he does...

What are your thoughts about him saying that The Constitution is like toilet paper? (pls, don't tell me it's a joke... )

Attachments

Last edited:
haba ng script mo ts ahh..mahal ba bayad sayo nyan?awenahe for presedent...subrang galing ng kupal na to

haba ng script mo ts ahh..mahal ba bayad sayo nyan?awenahe for presedent...subrang galing ng kupal na to
go back to school... you even don't know how to write one sentence without spelling mistake... plus, you just repeat the same thing over and over... spam is bawal on phc!
So if you have nothing meaningful to say, just go to play with the other kids!

What are your thoughts about him saying that The Constitution is like toilet paper? (pls, don't tell me it's a joke... )

View attachment 638423
wow im amazed you even consider the president as a hero now..toilet paper..it can be use..and change..constitution is not absolute..thats we have what we call amendment because sometimes it can be amend..its a metaphor..not a joke

Just talking about the economy, the country has now 7.8 trillion pesos utang.

Since duterte is president, walang tigil ang paglobo ng debt growth rate:

• March 2017 + 4.9%
• March 2018 + 11.1%
• March 2019 + 13.4% (pinakamataas sa loob ng 9yrs)

Dahil dito, sa total 101M PH population, bawat Pilipino ay may utang na P77,265...

Please enlight me on the good things he does...
and what about the build build build project..???..you cant build anything if you dont have any funds..

this issue hast ended yet? well i fell sorry about those fishermen i used to be one of them before, i stay at rizal occidental mindoro for 1 year. nakasama na ako jan may dalawang oil rig jan malampaya, yung iba lampas pa. sa hirap ng buhay minsan wala ng sinasahod ang mangingisda na sumasama sa bangka. kawawa talaga mangingisda.

and what about the build build build project..???..you cant build anything if you dont have any funds..
1 - these bbb projects are yet to be seen.... most of them are just on the paper. Many of the projects completed these last 3 years were projects started under the previous administration.
2 - Why duterte is taking expensive loans from china when other countries like Japan offers almost 0 rate interest?
3 - why this administration does not want to show their contracts with the chinese? Normally it's public contracts, accessible to all.
4 - Do you really trust the chinese buildings? Recently we saw several just finished projects (bridges particularly) that collapsed (in other countries)?

I asked you to enlight me on the good he does... still waiting...

Last edited:
wow im amazed you even consider the president as a hero now..toilet paper..it can be use..and change..constitution is not absolute..thats we have what we call amendment because sometimes it can be amend..its a metaphor..not a joke
learn to read! it's national heroes VS duterte... nobody says duterte is one hero... to me, one zero for sure.
The way he said it had nothing to do with amending the constitution !! He said that it is a thoughtless, senseless piece of paper that we could use as toilet paper :mad: Is it how a real president (not a traydor) speaks about the Constitution of his country?
He swore an oath to protect the Constitution, that's how he protects it?

Last edited:
Actually China is ready to declare war on Philippines they are just waiting for Philippines to make it's first move. Even the super power USA is scared to the Sleeping giant of Asia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back