Closed Desmume - emulate and play ds roms on your pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopin

Addict
Reaction
desume.jpg

WHAT IS AN EMULATOR?
In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system. Emulation refers to the ability of a computer program in an electronic device to emulate (or imitate) another program or device. - You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

In layman's terms, pwede ka maglaro ng DS / GBA games sa PC mo.

SUPPORTED PLATFORMS: Windows, Macintosh, Linux

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

• Windows: Windows XP SP2 or later.
  • Mac: OS X v10.5.8 Leopard or later.
  • Linux: Any recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel.
  • CPU: 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent.
  • RAM: 1 GB.

DESMUME_GAMEPLAY.png

NOTE: My intention here is not to promote piracy, but rather provide legal owners of DS games an alternate way of being able to play the DS game that they legally own. For that reason, however, I will not be providing any links to websites that distribute pirated copies of DS games for free. Kung gusto mo magdownload ng DS ROMS (games), use Google.

NOTE II: While Linux ang gamit ko sa screenshots, walang pagkakaiba ang mga 'to sa ibang variants ng DeSmuME, e.g. Windows, Mac, Nightly. Same procedures parin po.

DOWNLOAD: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
DOWNLOAD (FOR LINUX USERS W/ DESMUME IN THEIR REPOSITORIES):
Open your terminal, and punch in:
Code:
sudo apt-update
sudo apt-get install desmume

PREREQUISITES:
- Updated Video Drivers
- Visual C++ 2010 (WINDOWS USERS! THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
- Up to date system

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:

1 - Download the appropriate DeSmuME variant for your Operating system.
AM I RUNNING X86 OR X64?
For Windows users:
C
heck this You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Also, if you haven't already, download the prerequisite installer if you don't have the Visual C++ bundle.

For OS X Users:
I don't know. Wala akong Mac. Poor kid issues. Haha.

For Linux Users:
Search for "About" in your Distro's application lists. If you are using a well-known distro chances are you are already on a stable, 4.0 kernel, so no need to worry about the kernel requirement.

Here is my distro's "About" Application:
aboutloki.png

I'm using a x64 bit architecture. Good. Pero no need to check, since I won't be using the Nightlies provided in the official DeSmuME website, and will just be using the Ubuntu-issued DeSmuME stable build in the official Ubuntu repositories. Automatic na si terminal ang magdedecide kung x64 or x86 ang idodownload niya.

2 - Launching the application
If all goes well, you should be greeted with this screen:
desmumestart.png

(p.s: I used the horizontal layout instead of the vertical one. To activate: View -> LCDs Layout -> Horizontal)

3 - Picking a game
You can either press:
File -> Open
or Just directly press the folder icon
selectrom.png

4 - Playing the game
DESMUME_GAMEPLAY.png

POST-INSTALL:

Customizing the controls:
Config -> Edit Controls / Hotkeys

Lag? Follow this configuration:
YøùTùbé tutorial

Suggested Games - Pokemon Series

Reply with questions, problems and suggestions.

Happy playing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.