What's new

Help Audiophile or AudioSCAMMED?

megatoollica

Honorary Poster
Established
Recently, I bought a DAP called Hidizs AP80 PRO-X dahil sobrang curious ako ano mangyayari if I upgraded my Sonata TempoTec 2 na usb dongle into an actual DAP.

The Hidizs was priced at 15K PHP dito sa pilipinas. Then yung previous Sonata dongle ko is nasa 4K PHP lang. I'm using Moondrop Starfield na IEM at Audio Technica M50X as my headphones. I know parang pang beginner lang siya but it will do the comparison.

I was very disappointed when the Hidizs DAP and Sonata dongle sounded almost the same. Imagine the price different was almost 10K PHP.

Considering na yung UI ng Hidizs is not that great. There is no "Play Next" or "Add to Queue" option sa track. Compared sa Sonata dongle na pwede ko lang iconnect sa Samsung S21 ko, then I can play anything with the USB Audioplayer from playstore which offers a lot of options about playing the tracks.

All in all, I was disappointed. And it served me a lesson, at least my curiosity was ended. And I would never buy any so called hi-end audio related things again.

Back