hazratquar

Addict
Reaction
KNOWING GOD

WHY WE SHOULD KNOW GOD?

1. GOD DEMANDED IT
Hosea 6:3-6 NIV
[3]
Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. ”
[4] “What can I do with you, Ephraim? What can I do with you, Judah? Your love is like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears.
[5] Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets, I killed you with the words of my mouth---then my judgments go forth like the sun.
[6] For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

2. IT IS ETERNAL LIFE
John 17:3 NIV
[3]
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

3. HE DESIRES TO MAKE HIMSELF KNOWN
Philippians 3:7-11 NIV
[7]
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
[8] What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
[9] and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ---the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
[10] I want to know Christ---yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
[11] and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

John 14:21-23 NIV
[21]
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
[22] Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”
[23] Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

4. MORE VALUABLE THAN ANYTHING
Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV
[23]
This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches,
[24] but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.

• WE MUST UNDERSTAND HIM THAT HE IS LORD
  • WE MUST KNOW HIM THAT HE IS LORD
  • WE MUST PRACTISE STEADFAST LOVE
  • WE MUST PRACTISE JUSTICE
  • WE MUST PRACTISE RIGHTEOUSNESS
2 Corinthians 4:4 NIV
[4]
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

2 Timothy 2:15 NIV
[15]
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

1 Timothy 4:16 NIV
[16]
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

• TAKE HEED TO YOURSELF
  • WATCH YOUR LIFE
  • WATCH TO YOUR TEACHINGS OR DOCTRINE CLOSELY
  • PERSEVERE IN THEM

RESULT:
  1. YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF
  2. YOU WILL SAVE YOUR HEARERS

2 Peter 3:15-16 NIV
[15]
Be@r in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.
[16] He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Jeremiah 3:15 NIV
[15]
Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

Romans 1:19-21 NIV
[19]
since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
[20] For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities---his eternal power and divine nature---have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
[21] For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Hi Ts. I Want to ask this question.What is God's true name? I've read a lot but which is true? Like us human we have true name, does God has true name?

Walang totoong pangalan ang Dyos! Tayo lang mg tao ang gumawa ng pangalan nya. At kung babasahin nyo ang bible walang binanggit na ito ang pangalan ng dyos at totoo nyang pngalan

Walang totoong pangalan ang Dyos! Tayo lang mg tao ang gumawa ng pangalan nya. At kung babasahin nyo ang bible walang binanggit na ito ang pangalan ng dyos at totoo nyang pngalan
marami siyang pangalan na ginawa ng tao na nakita sa biblia at alam niya na siya yun at alam niya kung sasabihin kong jesus christ at alam ko na siya tinatawag ko yun ang importante

i.e tinawag ko ang pangalan na supergill20 alam mo na ikaw ang tinatawag ko maski hindi mo ito tunay na pangalan ^^

i.e tinawag ko ang pangalan na secretaccount alam niya siya yun tinawag ko kaya dadalaw siya ngayon dito sa thread na to para silipin kung bakit ko siya tinawag :) pero hindi natin alam kung mag rereply siya xD

sorry sa abala ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
jesus of nazareth ang tawag sa kanya.. so may pangalan siya.. son of god..

sa old testament.. lumabas ang pangalang YAHWEH.. so let say na yan ang tawag sa kanya.. so parang pangalan na rin

Secret account.. D ako makapagquote ehh.. Tao ang may gawa ng pangalang YAWEH.. Ni ang Dyos ama walang binnggit na pangalan nya..

Status
Not open for further replies.