What's new

Help Volleyball

The international governing body for volleyball is the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB). It was founded in 1947 and is based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The FIVB is responsible for organizing and governing all major international volleyball competitions, including the World Championships, World Cup, World League, and Grand Prix, as well as the Olympic Games. The FIVB also sets the rules and regulations for the sport of volleyball, and works to promote and develop the sport at all levels around the world.

The international governing body for volleyball is the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB). It was founded in 1947 and is based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The FIVB is responsible for organizing and governing all major international volleyball competitions, including the World Championships, World Cup, World League, and Grand Prix, as well as the Olympic Games. The FIVB also sets the rules and regulations for the sport of volleyball, and works to promote and develop the sport at all levels around the world.
volleyball at the Olympics

volleyball at the Olympics
Volleyball has been an Olympic sport since 1964, when it was introduced at the Tokyo Olympics. Today, both indoor volleyball and beach volleyball are Olympic events.

Indoor volleyball features two teams of six players each, and the objective is to ground the ball on the opponent's side of the court. The first team to score 25 points and win by two points wins the set, and the first team to win three sets wins the match.

Beach volleyball, on the other hand, is played on a smaller court with each team consisting of two players. The objective is the same as indoor volleyball, and matches are typically played as a best-of-three sets.

Volleyball has become one of the most popular sports at the Olympic Games, with many memorable moments and legendary performances over the years. The United States, Brazil, and Russia are among the most successful volleyball nations at the Olympics.

Volleyball has been an Olympic sport since 1964, when it was introduced at the Tokyo Olympics. Today, both indoor volleyball and beach volleyball are Olympic events.

Indoor volleyball features two teams of six players each, and the objective is to ground the ball on the opponent's side of the court. The first team to score 25 points and win by two points wins the set, and the first team to win three sets wins the match.

Beach volleyball, on the other hand, is played on a smaller court with each team consisting of two players. The objective is the same as indoor volleyball, and matches are typically played as a best-of-three sets.

Volleyball has become one of the most popular sports at the Olympic Games, with many memorable moments and legendary performances over the years. The United States, Brazil, and Russia are among the most successful volleyball nations at the Olympics.
What is badminton?

What is badminton?
Badminton is a racquet sport played by two players (singles) or two teams of two players (doubles) who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court divided by a net. Players use racquets to hit a shuttlecock (also known as a birdie) over the net and try to make it land in the opponent's half of the court. The objective of the game is to score points by making the shuttlecock land in the opponent's half of the court and to prevent the opponent from doing the same.

Badminton is a popular sport around the world, particularly in Asia and Europe. It has been an Olympic sport since the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. The sport requires agility, speed, and excellent hand-eye coordination, making it a fast-paced and exciting game to watch.

Badminton is a racquet sport played by two players (singles) or two teams of two players (doubles) who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court divided by a net. Players use racquets to hit a shuttlecock (also known as a birdie) over the net and try to make it land in the opponent's half of the court. The objective of the game is to score points by making the shuttlecock land in the opponent's half of the court and to prevent the opponent from doing the same.

Badminton is a popular sport around the world, particularly in Asia and Europe. It has been an Olympic sport since the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. The sport requires agility, speed, and excellent hand-eye coordination, making it a fast-paced and exciting game to watch.
what is the history volleyball?

what is the history volleyball?
Volleyball was invented by William G. Morgan in 1895 in Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA. Morgan, a physical education instructor, wanted to create a new indoor game that would be less physically demanding than basketball, which at the time was becoming increasingly popular but was also quite rough.

Morgan's game was originally called "mintonette," and it was designed to be played indoors with a low net and a soft ball. The object of the game was to pass the ball over the net and try to land it on the opponent's side of the court. The game quickly caught on, and within a few years, it had spread to colleges and universities across the United States.

In 1900, the game was officially renamed "volleyball" by Alfred T. Halstead, who was then the director of the YMCA in Brooklyn, New York. Over the next few decades, volleyball continued to grow in popularity, and international competitions were held for the first time in the 1920s.

Today, volleyball is played in nearly every country around the world, both indoors and on the beach. It is an Olympic sport, with both indoor and beach volleyball events, and is enjoyed by millions of people of all ages and skill levels.

Volleyball was invented by William G. Morgan in 1895 in Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA. Morgan, a physical education instructor, wanted to create a new indoor game that would be less physically demanding than basketball, which at the time was becoming increasingly popular but was also quite rough.

Morgan's game was originally called "mintonette," and it was designed to be played indoors with a low net and a soft ball. The object of the game was to pass the ball over the net and try to land it on the opponent's side of the court. The game quickly caught on, and within a few years, it had spread to colleges and universities across the United States.

In 1900, the game was officially renamed "volleyball" by Alfred T. Halstead, who was then the director of the YMCA in Brooklyn, New York. Over the next few decades, volleyball continued to grow in popularity, and international competitions were held for the first time in the 1920s.

Today, volleyball is played in nearly every country around the world, both indoors and on the beach. It is an Olympic sport, with both indoor and beach volleyball events, and is enjoyed by millions of people of all ages and skill levels.
what is volleyball?

what is volleyball?
Volleyball is a team sport played by two teams of six players on a rectangular court divided by a net. The objective of the game is to ground the ball on the opponent's side of the court, and to prevent the opponent from doing the same. Players use a combination of their hands, arms, and sometimes other parts of their body to hit the ball over the net and aim for it to land in the opponent's court.

Each team is allowed three touches to get the ball over the net, although a player may not touch the ball twice in a row. The rally continues until the ball is grounded on the court or goes out of bounds. Points are awarded to the team that wins the rally, and the first team to score 25 points and win by two points wins the set. The first team to win three sets wins the match.

Volleyball requires many skills such as agility, speed, power, and coordination, making it a challenging and exciting sport to play and watch. It is often played at recreational levels and in school settings, as well as at the amateur and professional levels.

Volleyball is a team sport played by two teams of six players on a rectangular court divided by a net. The objective of the game is to ground the ball on the opponent's side of the court, and to prevent the opponent from doing the same. Players use a combination of their hands, arms, and sometimes other parts of their body to hit the ball over the net and aim for it to land in the opponent's court.

Each team is allowed three touches to get the ball over the net, although a player may not touch the ball twice in a row. The rally continues until the ball is grounded on the court or goes out of bounds. Points are awarded to the team that wins the rally, and the first team to score 25 points and win by two points wins the set. The first team to win three sets wins the match.

Volleyball requires many skills such as agility, speed, power, and coordination, making it a challenging and exciting sport to play and watch. It is often played at recreational levels and in school settings, as well as at the amateur and professional levels.
Directions: Read the following paragraphs. Write the irrelevant ideas from the paragraph.

Monsoon Winds and Climate

Winds are a powerful force in creating climates. In Asia, the monsoon winds cause huge seasonal changes each year. During the summer, the winds flow from southeast to northwest. This occurs because the land at that time of year is warmer than the ocean. The hot air over the land rises. The air from the ocean flows toward land. These winds carry moist air, which causes long periods of heavy rain. Summer is not a good time for tourists to visit. During winter, the winds blow in the opposite direction. At this time of year, the land is colder than the ocean. The air over the ocean rises. Winds move from land to sea, northwest to southeast. These winds are very dry. During this season, there is little rainfall. Large earthquakes can cause tidal waves along the coasts of Asia. (The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. n.d.)
Irrelevant idea:

Directions: Read the following paragraphs. Write the irrelevant ideas from the paragraph.

Monsoon Winds and Climate

Winds are a powerful force in creating climates. In Asia, the monsoon winds cause huge seasonal changes each year. During the summer, the winds flow from southeast to northwest. This occurs because the land at that time of year is warmer than the ocean. The hot air over the land rises. The air from the ocean flows toward land. These winds carry moist air, which causes long periods of heavy rain. Summer is not a good time for tourists to visit. During winter, the winds blow in the opposite direction. At this time of year, the land is colder than the ocean. The air over the ocean rises. Winds move from land to sea, northwest to southeast. These winds are very dry. During this season, there is little rainfall. Large earthquakes can cause tidal waves along the coasts of Asia. (The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. n.d.)
Irrelevant idea:
Irrelevant idea: Large earthquakes can cause tidal waves along the coasts of Asia.

Irrelevant idea: Large earthquakes can cause tidal waves along the coasts of Asia.
MANAGING MY WEEKLY ALLOWANCE
Here are the things I usually do to manage my weekly allowance. My first budget would go to my weekly food supplies such as vegetables, spices, meat, eggs, fish products, and other groceries. I prefer the wet market instead of a grocery shop because it's a lot cheaper. Although it's quite a hassle, I am now used to it. My friend would keep me company whenever I go the wet market because she also buys her food there. Second, I cook and bring my own food to work or school. I avoid buying food from restaurants or food deliveries on weekdays. I love food deliveries because it is very convenient and hassle-free. It saves you more time from preparing and cooking. Third, I keep a tally of all my expenses. This helps me check if I stick to my weekly budget plan. Finally, I save up whatever is left from my allowance for my future use or plans.
Irrelevant sentences

Here are the things I usually do to manage my weekly allowance. My first budget would go to my weekly food supplies such as vegetables, spices, meat, eggs, fish products, and other groceries. I prefer the wet market instead of a grocery shop because it's a lot cheaper. Although it's quite a hassle, I am now used to it. My friend would keep me company whenever I go the wet market because she also buys her food there. Second, I cook and bring my own food to work or school. I avoid buying food from restaurants or food deliveries on weekdays. I love food deliveries because it is very convenient and hassle-free. It saves you more time from preparing and cooking. Third, I keep a tally of all my expenses. This helps me check if I stick to my weekly budget plan. Finally, I save up whatever is left from my allowance for my future use or plans.
Irrelevant sentences
There are no irrelevant sentences in this paragraph.

Irrelevant idea:

Irrelevant idea:

Determine if the statements or pictures follow sound reasoning. If not, point out the fallacy used. Then, explain your answer.

Three friends ate at Spacey’s Restaurant last night, and all are sick today. It’s obvious that the restaurant served them food with salmonella poisoning.
ANSWER:

REASON:

You walk through a heavily overgrown field on your way to a wooded area. The weeds and grasses are about a foot high. The next day you develop an itchy skin rash on your face. You conclude that the rash developed because you cut through the heavily overgrown area. You will not go into the woods again.

ANSWER:

REASON:

Determine if the statements or pictures follow sound reasoning. If not, point out the fallacy used. Then, explain your answer.

Three friends ate at Spacey’s Restaurant last night, and all are sick today. It’s obvious that the restaurant served them food with salmonella poisoning.
ANSWER:

REASON:

You walk through a heavily overgrown field on your way to a wooded area. The weeds and grasses are about a foot high. The next day you develop an itchy skin rash on your face. You conclude that the rash developed because you cut through the heavily overgrown area. You will not go into the woods again.

ANSWER:

REASON:
Answer:

Fallacy used: Post Hoc fallacy

Explanation:

The reasoning in the statement is an example of post hoc fallacy, also known as a false cause fallacy. The statement assumes that the rash was caused by walking through the overgrown field, simply because the rash appeared after walking through the field. However, there could be other factors that caused the rash, such as an allergic reaction to a new product or something else. Therefore, it is not necessarily valid to conclude that the rash was caused by walking through the overgrown field, and the author's decision to avoid the woods based on this conclusion is not sound reasoning.

Answer:

Fallacy used: Post Hoc fallacy

Explanation:

The reasoning in the statement is an example of post hoc fallacy, also known as a false cause fallacy. The statement assumes that the rash was caused by walking through the overgrown field, simply because the rash appeared after walking through the field. However, there could be other factors that caused the rash, such as an allergic reaction to a new product or something else. Therefore, it is not necessarily valid to conclude that the rash was caused by walking through the overgrown field, and the author's decision to avoid the woods based on this conclusion is not sound reasoning.
ANSWER:

REASON:

ANSWER:

REASON:
Answer:

Fallacy used: Hasty Generalization

Explanation:

The reasoning in the statement is an example of hasty generalization, which involves making a broad statement based on insufficient evidence or a single example. The statement assumes that the restaurant served the three friends food with salmonella poisoning simply because they got sick after eating there. However, there could be other factors that caused them to become sick, such as a virus or other foodborne illness. Therefore, it is not necessarily valid to conclude that the restaurant served them food with salmonella poisoning based on this limited evidence, and the statement is a hasty generalization.