What's new

Closed Tips for Newbie Runners like 'ME'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapslady

Enthusiast
Reaction
  1. Invest in the right pair of running shoes.
    You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. breaks down five basic shoe-buying strategies so you can avoid making common mistakes.
  2. Go for distance rather than time - slow it down, be patient, and don't worry about your pace.
    One of our online columnists Jenny Hadfield shares her secret to newbie success in You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..
  3. Remember that rest days are training days, too.
  4. Join a running group.
    Though you should do some solo runs, there are many benefits to running with a group.
  5. Make running a habit, even if that means getting out for a few minutes per day.
  6. Build mileage gradually.
    Here are You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. to go longer and get stronger.
  7. Don't dread taking walk breaks.
    In fact, slowing down can actually build strength and endurance to benefit your running.
  8. Keep a training log.
    Check out why keeping a journal can become your best tool for success You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..
  9. Mix in cross training to supplement your running.
    Learn the ins and outs of runner-friendly alternative forms of exercise You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..
  10. Set small, achievable goals.
    Break down your aspirations into daily, weekly, and monthly goals with You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. from the January 2013 issue.
  11. Remember that you are a runner.
    Whenever you’re in doubt, remember these wise words from our Chief Running Officer (and Mayor of Running) Bart Yasso: “I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner."

Reactions: Frd
animated-thank-you-image-0078.gif

Attachments

I used to run everyday before but I got so caught up with acads and work on the side kaya matagal na rin since I ran. will definitely make time for it again. thanks for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.