What's new

Silent Treatment

m_bo12

Honorary Poster
Established
Reaction
Whenever there's a problem, whenever she feels something, whenever she's not feeling okay, or we have a misunderstanding, my girlfriend gives me the silent treatment. I give her space and time to process her emotions, but afterward, she wants me to forget what happened. It's like she's always pushing me away. I've managed to handle these past issues with her before. However, she's done it again, giving me the silent treatment. I tried to call her, but she threatened to block me if I called one more time. I gave her more time, and now she's replying back. I want to know what happened. I want her to open up to me. I also said that she can take time to open up, and if she can't, we can just go back to the issue whenever she's ready. However, she said she's never going to open up to me ever. I don't understand, and I want to. I love her with all my heart.

I do believe that communication is the key to a long-term, stress-free, and happy relationship

I do believe that communication is the key to a long-term, stress-free, and happy relationship
More specifically, "effective communication".

If you find it hard for her to open up to you, that probably means she does not fully trust you.

Bro, she just needs your attention. Most of the immature girl base to my experience always wants them to treat like baby. Always finding ways to make some issue to get affection to their boyfriend. Btw, How old are you and your gf?

Bro, she just needs your attention. Most of the immature girl base to my experience always wants them to treat like baby. Always finding ways to make some issue to get affection to their boyfriend. Btw, How old are you and your gf?
im 18, she's 17

may point ka paps, pero Feel ko hindi nya need ng affection, lagi nya tong ginagawa pag nag ooverthink siya. Inaask ko sha kung ano problema, anong inooverthink nya, nag bibigay ako ng assurance, pero wala, sinasabi nya lng "hayaan mo na"

Pag hindi kami okay, hindi nya ako kinakausap, hindi nya ako hinahayang mag explain, hindi nya rin ako kinakausap pag ako naman yung nag sspeak up ng side ko. At napapansin ko din, na hindi kami nagiging okay kapag mas pinili ko sarili ko kesa sakanya

Nakakabaliw na

Last edited:
Been in that situation, hinayaan ko lang.
I visited this special person's house one day, then observed na lumaki siya sa environment wherein considered as "weakness" ang mag-express ng emotions or feelings.
Hindi ko kinulit, since mas lalo lang siyang lumalayo.
I just made sure that I am present whenever possible.
Then one day, she started talking about how she feels. Finally telling me things, secrets and all.
Maybe, nakatulong rin yung environment. It happened at 1AM, nasa 7-Eleven kami and kaming dalawa lang ang tao.
We spent some time there, then it happened again and again.
Just give her time, show her that you're there and hindi ka mapilit.
Hindi rin ako verbally expressive, but I guess we were both able to overcome such challenge when the right time came.
Goodluck, your patience needs it.