What's new

Tutorial Receive OTP (and other SMS) even when you're abroad

cryogenix

Forum Veteran
Reaction
This tutorial is geared for our fellow OFW kababayans (like me) who still need to receive OTP related transactions wherever they may be across the globe. But there are other practical uses for it by just receiving SMS on your laptop. I will leave it up to your imagination.

Required:
  • an operational local sim
  • android device

Procedure:
1. The local sim has to be the sim that is registered for your OTP transactions like BPI, etc.
2. Ask your relative or a trusted person (in my case, my brother) to keep the sim online on their android device.
3. Let them install an app called mysms (mysms dot com) on their phone and let the app have "Send and Receive SMS" permissions.
4. You will need to register an account to begin using the application. It only needs a valid email so go ahead and do just that.
5. Once that is done, any SMS that the SIM will receive will automatically be forwarded on their web interface (app dot mysms dot com) much like how viber, or telegram works. And you on the otherhand, simply needs to login to the account you (or your accomplice) made on step 4.

That's it basically.

The app works fast so it is very convenient for OTPs with time delays (usually expired in a minute) basing so far from my own experience.

Ask ko lang po sana pano po makakareceived ng otp kung nasa ibang bansa sya tapos yung simcard dala nya eh hindi nya nagamit yung roaming bago sya pumunta ng ibang bansa

Ask ko lang po sana pano po makakareceived ng otp kung nasa ibang bansa sya tapos yung simcard dala nya eh hindi nya nagamit yung roaming bago sya pumunta ng ibang bansa
Dapat nasa pinas yung SIM.

Mahal ang roaming, kaya nga po sinuggest ko itong alternative na solusyon na to para makaiwas sa ganung method.

1. The SIM to receive the OTP must be in the Philippines.
2. Iiwan mo po yung SIM na gusto nio makareceive ng OTP sa pinagkakatiwalaan nio sa Pinas.

Dapat nasa pinas yung SIM.

Mahal ang roaming, kaya nga po sinuggest ko itong alternative na solusyon na to para makaiwas sa ganung method.

1. The SIM to receive the OTP must be in the Philippines.
2. Iiwan mo po yung SIM na gusto nio makareceive ng OTP sa pinagkakatiwalaan nio sa Pinas.
Nadala nyo po kasi sa hongkong yung simcard nya nasa magkano po kaya gagastusin nya sa roaming. Di daw sya makareceive ng text

di ko po alam. gaya nga po ng sabi ko, yung solusyon na nilagay ko dito eh para di na need mag roaming.