What's new

Public Announcement: DO NOT use ChatGPT to generate recipes for food

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
There's no guarantee that the recipe would taste good ---or even safe for human consumption! And this applies to all Al assistants, including ChatGPT, Claude, Bard, Character Al and so on. All Al assistants are based on LLMs that can suffer from hallucination, which meaning that the Al would generate text that looks very realistic but is fake.

According to some news, a woman was hospitalized after following a recipe provided by ChatGPT that includes cooking pork. The cooking time provided by the Al was far too short, so the human following the recipe ended up with partially uncooked meat, and suffered from bacteria infection after consumption. So, for your safety, do not ever use recipes provided by Al.

I heard about recipe fiasco, and it's like whoa! I mean, I'm all for tech advancements, but not at the cost of my taste buds or, worse, my health. So, get this: I'm a total newbie here, but let me share my own food journey. Tried making a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. Thought I was nailing it until I realized the AI went a bit wild with the frying time. Ended up with a crispy outside but a frigid cheese center. Lesson learned: ChatGPT might not be the culinary genius we hoped for. Just a heads-up, pals. Let's keep the kitchen adventures safe and stick to grandma's recipes for now.

Back