What's new

Help PC PROBLEM ON FOR 1 SEC THEN OFF

GeneralJC

Honorary Poster
HI my fellow Ph corner buddies baka may alam kayo pano ayusin PC ko based on your experience kase bumili ako RX 470 2nd hand and at first ayaw nya gumana so bumili ako ng rated PSU 500W with 6 pins kaya bumili din ako adaptor na 8 pins and i updated my bios which is nag work naman. and after a few days playing nagloko na sya, at pag inoopen ko pc ko with in 1 second lng sya iilaw and then ayaw na mag operate, so i decided na alisin gpu na si rx 470. which is working nman pero i just want to make sure baka may ma suggest kayo sa akin. sayang din kasi yung gpu na binili ko kung sakali.

tysm! and more power mga ka ph corner😇

Hi there! It seems like you're having some trouble with your PC after installing a second-hand RX 470 graphics card. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue.

First, it's important to make sure that all the connections are secure. Double-check the power connections to the graphics card and ensure that the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot. Also, check if the GPU fans are spinning when the PC is turned on.

If everything looks good hardware-wise, it's worth checking the temperatures of your components. Overheating can cause sudden shutdowns. You can use software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures of your CPU and GPU. If either component is running too hot, it may be necessary to clean the cooling system or reapply thermal paste.

Next, try updating the drivers for your graphics card. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause instability. Visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your RX 470. Uninstall the existing drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to ensure a clean installation, then install the new drivers.

If the issue persists, it's possible that your power supply isn't providing enough power to the system, especially if the GPU requires an 8-pin power connection and you're using an adapter. Consider upgrading to a higher wattage power supply to give your system ample power.

Lastly, if none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the graphics card itself is faulty. Since it's a second-hand GPU, there's always a risk of getting a defective unit. If you have access to another PC, try installing the RX 470 in that system to see if the problem persists. If it does, then it's likely an issue with the GPU itself, and you may need to consider getting a refund or replacement.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your PC. Good luck, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

possible po ba yun hndi kaya ni PSU sa rx 470 kahit working sya sa lower na GPU?

may ma recommend po ba kayo maganda na brand yung abot kaya sana? hehe

possible po ba yun hndi kaya ni PSU sa rx 470 kahit working sya sa lower na GPU?

may ma recommend po ba kayo maganda na brand yung abot kaya sana? hehe
pinaka mura na alam ko is silverstone 500W around 1.8k lang. mostly sa mga PSU na certified 80+ nasa 2k+ lahat. hindi kasali yang Inplay Brand, generic din yan.