Help Open tab keeps on changing

Marie_klamo

Honorary Poster
Baka pwd po patulong, everytime na nag iinsert ako ng drive bumabalik aa desktop view lahat ng tab na naka insert.
Already tried common answer on google 😊 thank you guys 😊😊

Attachments

Hi there! I understand that you are experiencing an issue where, whenever you insert a drive, your tabs on the desktop view keep changing. I'm here to help you with that!

First, let's try a few steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Disable AutoRun: Sometimes, the AutoRun feature can cause tabs to change when a drive is inserted. To disable AutoRun, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to "Computer Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "Windows Components" -> "AutoPlay Policies."
- Double-click on "Turn off Autoplay" and select "Enabled."
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

2. Check for malware: Malware can sometimes interfere with the normal functioning of your system. Run a full scan using your antivirus software to ensure there are no malicious programs causing the problem.

3. Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can also lead to such issues. Make sure all your drivers, especially those related to USB or storage devices, are up to date. You can check and update them through the Device Manager or by visiting the manufacturer's website.

4. Clear temporary files: Sometimes, accumulated temporary files can cause system glitches. Clearing them might help resolve the issue. To do this:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "%temp%" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Select all the files/folders in the temp folder and delete them. Note that some files might be in use, so you may need to skip those.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem persists.

If none of the above solutions work, please provide more details about your computer's specifications, operating system, and any recent changes or software installations. This information will help in further troubleshooting the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Back