What's new

Influencer goes viral for catching ringworm over sharing makeup brushes with friends

Influencer goes viral for catching ringworm over sharing makeup brushes with friends

AA1ab6ek.img

Louaira Dela Cruz, aged 22, showcased her skin-related catastrophe, posting multiple videos featuring a severe rash that covered her face.

“Sorry guys, I’ve been a bit quiet because my skin’s flared up,” she said in the video.

“I don’t know what it is and doctors don’t know what it is, but — trigger warning — this is what’s been going on,” Dela Cruz continued.
Louaira Dela Cruz, aged 22, showcased her skin-related catastrophe, posting multiple videos featuring a severe rash that covered her face.

“Sorry guys, I’ve been a bit quiet because my skin’s flared up,” she said in the video.

“I don’t know what it is and doctors don’t know what it is, but — trigger warning — this is what’s been going on,” Dela Cruz continued.
According to the CDC, ringworm typically clears up within 2 weeks when antifungal creams, lotions, or powders are used correctly.

Some of Dela Cruz’s supporters mentioned that they found it challenging to overcome the infection.

In another update, her condition showed signs of recovery.

She said, “Hopefully the worst of it has passed and now just healing.”
Dela Cruz’s ordeal follows a startling study that discovered unwashed makeup brushes harbor equal or increased amounts of bacteria than a toilet seat.

Spectrum Collections’ research involved swabbing clean and “unclean” makeup brushes at the end of a two-week trial period.

The study also evaluated common storage methods, such as on a bedroom vanity, a makeup bag, a brush-specific bag, a drawer, and a bathroom holder.

Upon comparing the findings to a toilet seat swab, it was revealed that the bacteria count on the brushes were either equivalent to or exceeded that of the toilet. This was regardless of their storage location.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.