What's new

Help How to find the CID of an sd card

To find the CID of an SD card on Windows, follow these steps:

1. Insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader.
2. Open the Start Menu and type "cmd" in the search bar.
3. Right-click on the Command Prompt application and select "Run as administrator".
4. In the Command Prompt window, type "wmic diskdrive list brief" and press Enter.
5. Find the SD card in the list of disks displayed in the window. Look for a line in the output that resembles the following:

"2 SanDisk Ultra USB Device 3.75 GB DISKDRIVE \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1"

6. Make note of the "PHYSICALDRIVE" number associated with the SD card. In this example, the number is "1".
7. In the Command Prompt window, type "wmic diskdrive get serialnumber" and press Enter.
8. Look for the serial number associated with the "PHYSICALDRIVE" number you noted earlier. This should be the CID of the SD card. It will be a long string of numbers and letters.

Note: If you have multiple SD cards connected to your computer, make sure you select the correct one by verifying the size or the brand/model of the SD card.

To find the CID of an SD card on Windows, follow these steps:

2. Open the Start Menu and type "cmd" in the search bar.
3. Right-click on the Command Prompt application and select "Run as administrator".
4. In the Command Prompt window, type "wmic diskdrive list brief" and press Enter.
5. Find the SD card in the list of disks displayed in the window. Look for a line in the output that resembles the following:

"2 SanDisk Ultra USB Device 3.75 GB DISKDRIVE \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1"

6. Make note of the "PHYSICALDRIVE" number associated with the SD card. In this example, the number is "1".
7. In the Command Prompt window, type "wmic diskdrive get serialnumber" and press Enter.
8. Look for the serial number associated with the "PHYSICALDRIVE" number you noted earlier. This should be the CID of the SD card. It will be a long string of numbers and letters.

Note: If you have multiple SD cards connected to your computer, make sure you select the correct one by verifying the size or the brand/model of the SD card
Is CID same as Serial ID?

Is CID same as Serial ID?
No, CID (Card Identification Register) is a unique identification code that is specific to SD cards, while Serial ID (Serial Number) is a unique identification code or number that is given to a specific device by its manufacturer. The CID is used to identify the SD card and is used for forensic analysis or for compatibility with certain devices, while the Serial ID is used by the manufacturer for tracking, inventory purposes, warranty claims, and the like. Therefore, they are not the same, and you should not confuse one with the other.

No, CID (Card Identification Register) is a unique identification code that is specific to SD cards, while Serial ID (Serial Number) is a unique identification code or number that is given to a specific device by its manufacturer. The CID is used to identify the SD card and is used for forensic analysis or for compatibility with certain devices, while the Serial ID is used by the manufacturer for tracking, inventory purposes, warranty claims, and the like. Therefore, they are not the same, and you should not confuse one with the other.
So you are wrong, you taught me about getting the sd cards Serial ID. Im asking about how to get SD card CID not serial

So you are wrong, you taught me about getting the sd cards Serial ID. Im asking about how to get SD card CID not serial
I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. To get the CID of an SD card on Windows, you can use the following steps:

2. Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools from the official Android website. (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.)
3. Once installed, open a Command Prompt window by pressing Win + R keys, typing "cmd" and pressing Enter.
4. In the Command Prompt window, navigate to the directory where the Android SDK Platform Tools have been installed. (e.g. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools)
5. Type "adb shell" and press Enter.
6. Type "cd /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/" (replace "X" with the number of the SD card as shown in the output of the "wmic diskdrive list brief" command in my previous response) and press Enter.
7. Type "cat cid" and press Enter.
8. The CID of the SD card should be displayed in the Command Prompt window.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. To get the CID of an SD card on Windows, you can use the following steps:

2. Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools from the official Android website. (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.)
3. Once installed, open a Command Prompt window by pressing Win + R keys, typing "cmd" and pressing Enter.
4. In the Command Prompt window, navigate to the directory where the Android SDK Platform Tools have been installed. (e.g. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools)
6. Type "cd /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/" (replace "X" with the number of the SD card as shown in the output of the "wmic diskdrive list brief" command in my previous response) and press Enter.

Is there another way of finding the CID of an sd while only using windows

Is there another way of finding the CID of an sd while only using windows
Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to find the CID of an SD card in Windows without the use of additional tools or software. The method I provided earlier using the Android SDK Platform Tools is one of the most reliable ways to obtain the CID of an SD card.

If you prefer not to use the Android SDK Platform Tools, you can also try using third-party software such as ChipGenius, which is a free tool specifically designed to identify USB flash drives and storage devices, including SD cards.

To use ChipGenius to find the CID of an SD card in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Download and install ChipGenius from a trusted source.
2. Launch ChipGenius and insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader.
3. In ChipGenius, look for the SD card in the list of connected USB devices.
4. Click on the SD card to select it.
5. The CID of the SD card should be displayed in the "Serial Number" field.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to find the CID of an SD card in Windows without the use of additional tools or software. The method I provided earlier using the Android SDK Platform Tools is one of the most reliable ways to obtain the CID of an SD card.

If you prefer not to use the Android SDK Platform Tools, you can also try using third-party software such as ChipGenius, which is a free tool specifically designed to identify USB flash drives and storage devices, including SD cards.

To use ChipGenius to find the CID of an SD card in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Download and install ChipGenius from a trusted source.
2. Launch ChipGenius and insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader.
3. In ChipGenius, look for the SD card in the list of connected USB devices.
4. Click on the SD card to select it.
5. The CID of the SD card should be displayed in the "Serial Number" field.

How about on linux system is there a way

How about on linux system is there a way
Yes, there is a way to find the CID of an SD card on a Linux system. You can use the "cat" command to read the contents of the "cid" file located in the /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/ directory, where "X" is the number of the SD card.

Here are the steps to follow:

2. Open a terminal window on your Linux system.
3. Type "sudo fdisk -l" and press Enter. Look for the device name associated with the SD card (e.g. /dev/sdb, /dev/mmcblk0).
4. Type "sudo su" and press Enter to switch to the root user.
5. Type "cd /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/" (replace "X" with the number of the SD card as shown in the output of the "fdisk -l" command).
6. Type "cat cid" and press Enter.
7. The CID of the SD card should be displayed in the terminal window.

Note: You must have root access to your Linux system to perform these steps. Also, make sure you replace "X" with the correct number of the SD card.

Yes, there is a way to find the CID of an SD card on a Linux system. You can use the "cat" command to read the contents of the "cid" file located in the /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/ directory, where "X" is the number of the SD card.

Here are the steps to follow:

2. Open a terminal window on your Linux system.
3. Type "sudo fdisk -l" and press Enter. Look for the device name associated with the SD card (e.g. /dev/sdb, /dev/mmcblk0).
4. Type "sudo su" and press Enter to switch to the root user.
5. Type "cd /sys/class/mmc_host/mmcX/mmcX:0001/" (replace "X" with the number of the SD card as shown in the output of the "fdisk -l" command).
6. Type "cat cid" and press Enter.
7. The CID of the SD card should be displayed in the terminal window.

Note: You must have root access to your Linux system to perform these steps. Also, make sure you replace "X" with the correct number of the SD card.
When i inserted the sd card on my linux its says "Tuning execution failed -22" what does this means

When i inserted the sd card on my linux its says "Tuning execution failed -22" what does this means
The "Tuning execution failed -22" error message typically indicates that there is an issue with the communication between the SD card and the SD card reader on your Linux system. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a faulty SD card, a damaged SD card reader, or a problem with the drivers on your Linux system.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Make sure the SD card is properly inserted into the SD card reader.
2. Try using a different SD card reader or a different computer to see if the issue persists.
3. Check that the SD card reader is properly connected to your Linux system and that the drivers are installed correctly.
4. Try running the "dmesg" command in the terminal to check for any error messages related to the SD card reader or the SD card.
5. If you are still having issues, try updating the drivers for your SD card reader or resetting the USB ports on your Linux system.

If none of these steps work, it is possible that the SD card itself may be faulty or damaged, and you may need to replace it.

The "Tuning execution failed -22" error message typically indicates that there is an issue with the communication between the SD card and the SD card reader on your Linux system. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a faulty SD card, a damaged SD card reader, or a problem with the drivers on your Linux system.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Make sure the SD card is properly inserted into the SD card reader.
2. Try using a different SD card reader or a different computer to see if the issue persists.
3. Check that the SD card reader is properly connected to your Linux system and that the drivers are installed correctly.
4. Try running the "dmesg" command in the terminal to check for any error messages related to the SD card reader or the SD card.
5. If you are still having issues, try updating the drivers for your SD card reader or resetting the USB ports on your Linux system.

If none of these steps work, it is possible that the SD card itself may be faulty or damaged, and you may need to replace it.
SD card isnt faulty, in fact i can read it on my windows. The only thing suspicius is that my linux system cant read it

SD card isnt faulty, in fact i can read it on my windows. The only thing suspicius is that my linux system cant read it
If your SD card is working fine on Windows but not on Linux, it's possible that the file system on the card is not supported by your Linux system.

To check the file system of your SD card, you can insert it into your Windows computer, right-click on the SD card drive, select "Properties," and then click on the "Tools" tab. Under "Error-checking," click on "Check" to scan the SD card for errors and view the file system.

If the file system is not compatible with your Linux system, you can try reformatting the SD card on Windows to a file system that is compatible with Linux, such as Ext4. To do this, right-click on the SD card drive, select "Format," and then choose "ExFAT" or "FAT32" as the file system.

Alternatively, you can try installing the necessary drivers or packages on your Linux system to support the file system of your SD card. This may involve installing packages such as exfat-fuse, ntfs-3g, or other drivers depending on the file system.

If your SD card is working fine on Windows but not on Linux, it's possible that the file system on the card is not supported by your Linux system.

To check the file system of your SD card, you can insert it into your Windows computer, right-click on the SD card drive, select "Properties," and then click on the "Tools" tab. Under "Error-checking," click on "Check" to scan the SD card for errors and view the file system.

If the file system is not compatible with your Linux system, you can try reformatting the SD card on Windows to a file system that is compatible with Linux, such as Ext4. To do this, right-click on the SD card drive, select "Format," and then choose "ExFAT" or "FAT32" as the file system.

Alternatively, you can try installing the necessary drivers or packages on your Linux system to support the file system of your SD card. This may involve installing packages such as exfat-fuse, ntfs-3g, or other drivers depending on the file system.

Its already on fat32 system

Its already on fat32 system
If your SD card is already formatted to FAT32 and you are still unable to read it on your Linux system, there may be an issue with the drivers or configuration on your Linux system.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check if the SD card is detected by your Linux system. You can use the "lsblk" command in the terminal to list all the connected storage devices, including the SD card.

2. If the SD card is detected, check if it is mounted. You can use the "mount" command in the terminal to list all the mounted file systems. If the SD card is not mounted, you can try mounting it manually using the "mount" command.

3. If the SD card is not detected by your Linux system, try removing and reinserting it to ensure a proper connection. You can also try using a different SD card reader or a different USB port.

4. Make sure you have the necessary drivers or packages installed on your Linux system to read the file system of the SD card. You can try installing the "exfat-fuse" and "exfat-utils" packages, which allow you to read and write to exFAT file systems on Linux.

5. Try using a different Linux distribution or version to see if the issue persists. It's possible that the issue may be specific to your current Linux environment.

If your SD card is already formatted to FAT32 and you are still unable to read it on your Linux system, there may be an issue with the drivers or configuration on your Linux system.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check if the SD card is detected by your Linux system. You can use the "lsblk" command in the terminal to list all the connected storage devices, including the SD card.

2. If the SD card is detected, check if it is mounted. You can use the "mount" command in the terminal to list all the mounted file systems. If the SD card is not mounted, you can try mounting it manually using the "mount" command.

3. If the SD card is not detected by your Linux system, try removing and reinserting it to ensure a proper connection. You can also try using a different SD card reader or a different USB port.

4. Make sure you have the necessary drivers or packages installed on your Linux system to read the file system of the SD card. You can try installing the "exfat-fuse" and "exfat-utils" packages, which allow you to read and write to exFAT file systems on Linux.

5. Try using a different Linux distribution or version to see if the issue persists. It's possible that the issue may be specific to your current Linux environment.

Ok thank you i will try to install a different linux system on my PC, can you suggest good linux other than ubuntu

Ok thank you i will try to install a different linux system on my PC, can you suggest good linux other than ubuntu
Certainly! There are many great Linux distributions to choose from, depending on your needs and preferences. Here are a few popular options:

1. Linux Mint: Linux Mint is a user-friendly distribution based on Ubuntu that offers a familiar desktop layout and includes many useful applications and codecs out of the box.

2. Fedora: Fedora is a cutting-edge distribution that focuses on the latest technologies and software. It is often used by developers and power users who want the latest features.

3. Debian: Debian is a stable and reliable distribution that is popular among servers and desktop users alike. It is known for its extensive package management system and large software repository.

4. Arch Linux: Arch Linux is a minimalist distribution that allows users to build their system from the ground up. It is popular among advanced users who like to customize their environment.

5. Manjaro: Manjaro is a user-friendly distribution based on Arch Linux that offers an easy-to-use graphical installer and a variety of pre-installed software.

There are many other great Linux distributions available, so be sure to explore and find the one that best fits your needs.

phdenxxsampang help me bruh kanina pa ko dito, context e about sa platimum karaoke SD card backup using linux, laging lumalabas sakin e sa linux "error 22 whilst initializing sd card" na de detect naman ng laptop ko yung ibang sd card, exept sa sd card ni platinum. Btw anong linux system gamit mo babaguhin ko sana CID eh

Step 6 doesn't work - "system cannot find the specified path"