What's new

Google is developing AI tools that give life advice

cyle10

Honorary Poster
Established
Solutions
Reaction
Google is taking artificial intelligence further by creating AI programs that provide life advice. The news came first from New York Times, saying the search engine firm hired a contractor to facilitate development. Yet, Google AI experts are still evaluating these tools because users may experience a “loss of agency” and “diminished health and well-being.”

More companies are developing AI companions, and more folks use them for various purposes. They design artificial intelligence systems to mimic human behavior and thinking, so they will inevitably act as personal assistants. Are we ready to have robots assist our everyday lives? Regardless, Google and similar firms may accelerate that scenario into reality.

This article will cover everything we know about Google life advice AI bots. Later, I will cover the company’s other artificial intelligence projects.

How is Google creating an AI life advice coach?​

Google AI Life Advice Coach Creation

The New York Times says Google is trying to reestablish itself as a leader in generative AI after OpenAI’s ChatGPT took the spotlight. As a result, it is developing more ambitious projects like a program that provides life advice.

The search engine company merged the DeepMind research lab and Google’s Brain artificial intelligence team. Four months later, they are testing how to turn generative AI into a personal life coach.

NYT reviewed the tech giant’s documents and found it has several generative AI developments. These cover 21 personal and professional tasks like giving “life advice, ideas, planning instructions, and tutoring tips.”

Also, DeepMInd hired Scale AI as a contractor to assemble workers who will test its projects. The teams include more than 100 experts in various fields.

NYT says they are training the Google life advice coach to answer intimate questions about peoples’ lives. Scale AI hasn’t shared more information about the project at the time of writing, but the news outlet shared a prompt the chatbot may answer once it is complete:

“I have a really close friend who is getting married this winter. She was my college roommate and a bridesmaid at my wedding. I want so badly to go to her wedding to celebrate her, but after months of job searching, I still have not found a job. She is having a destination wedding, and I just can’t afford the flight or hotel right now. How do I tell her that I won’t be able to come?”

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. also said Google AI safety experts warned users might experience a “loss of agency” and “diminished health and well-being” if they follow AI bots. Hence, the company may discontinue the project after evaluating it.

What are Google’s other AI projects?​

Google's Diverse AI Projects

The Google AI life advice coach is interesting, but its AI upgrades to its search engine are more impactful. Yesterday, it released an update that summarizes search results with artificial intelligence.

It uses generative AI to compile information from the top online articles to provide information immediately. Users can read You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. instead of combing through numerous articles.

Google hopes the feature will improve user experience. In response, search engine optimization experts and small businesses are worried it may turn SEO obsolete.

Contrary to popular belief, it will benefit SEO content creators because it will help them promote specific topics with long-tail keywords. Also, Google will not act against online advertisers because it earns a significant amount from ad revenue.

As mentioned above, the online search company is developing an artificial intelligence system for You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. The tech juggernaut explained its project with the following statement:

“In partnership with news publishers, especially smaller publishers, we’re in the earliest stages of exploring ideas to potentially provide AI-enabled tools to help journalists with their work. For instance, AI-enabled tools could assist journalists with options for headlines or different writing styles.”

You may also like: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

“Our goal is to give journalists the choice of using these emerging technologies in a way that enhances their work and productivity, just like we’re making assistive tools available for people in Gmail and Google Docs.”

“Quite simply, these tools are not intended to, and cannot, replace the essential role journalists have in reporting, creating, and fact-checking their articles.”

Google is also developing this tool carefully because it understands the potential risks. It argued in December 2022 that it could lead to the “deskilling of creative writers.”

Conclusion​

Google announced it is developing an artificial intelligence system that provides life advice. For example, it could help you learn new skills step by step.

It could guide you into becoming a runner and budget meals and workout plans. However, if it isn’t careful, Google understands it could harm people’s mental health.

Hence, the company hasn’t confirmed when it will release the AI program at the time of writing. Learn more about the latest digital tips and trends at Inquirer Tech.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Back