What's new

Closed Ғɪʟɪᴘɪɴᴏ ᴄʀᴀʙ ᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟɪᴛʏ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkenstacker

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Crab_Mentality.png

Filipinos call it crab mentality. A lot of Filipino just don’t like it when someone has a better life specially if they live next to their house that they can see them often. In my day to day life in the Philippines I have encountered many Filipino who are like a black hole trying to pull everyone they can into a dark place that represent; sadness, depression and drama but even with that I am still not so use to it and I am not like a black hole. When someone starts talking and pulling everyone down by making a bad picture of anyone they hate (just because of the fact that they are so jealous of the way they live or the way they are) I talk back and my words tell them that I am not into their game – and it is like I push them out of my life.

It some how disturb me that “crab mentality” has become a norm in our society to a point that we hardly even see it as a bad thing anymore and those who are against it are considered not sociable and unfriendly. So far, I have observe that a few well educated Filipino are not into that kind of attitude, it seems that their good education helps them become more humane. But Philippines is a 3rd world country so more than half of its population is not well educated so as expected much of its populace is not well educated enough to live in harmony with other people in a less destructive way. As I see it – it takes a good education and some mental level for one to know how to realistically analyze and criticize the culture and traditions one has experience and live with for the rest of his life.

They said that it is arrogant and unkind to segregate mentally inferior people from mentally superior people just like it is arrogant and unkind to segregate financially poor people from the people who has the resources to buy everything money can buy like a good education, but then I could not stop myself from segregating the people who has and who don’t have because there is a big difference between the two.The more time you spent to read, watch TV, travel and do other activities that leads you to be more educated – the more capable you are to become humane. If you are poor and is not able to travel, watch TV, read, research and you are striving to eat everyday and that is all that matters to you – you will not be able to come to a point where in you imagine yourself having more than just a food and some small stuff small money can buy. If you are not given a chance to put your level up financially and mentally (perhaps due to circumstances) then you will never be able to come to a point where in you will aspire for a better life in harmony with the people, animals and the environment in which the people and lower animals live in and you will not be able to aspire to live a life of dignity.

Normal people go through a certain hierarchy of needs that is true to all average or normal people. From Maslows’s Hierarchy of needs man will first strive to satisfy his physical needs like food and shelter. If he is able to satisfy that he gill go to the other level and that is “safety” after that get’s to another level which is love and belonging when all this needs are satisfied then the man will reach to another need and that is the need to be respected and to respect, to be an achiever and to help and to have self esteem after this will be the need of self actualization.

Most Filipino reach up until ”love/belonging” level. If you see it the way I do you will agree that Filipino peoples needs good education and good quality of life and a chance to go to the higher level of need. For this and more reason family planning is a must in the Philippines. Through family planning each child is given the chance to a good education and more. All this and more are needed for one to be humane. If there will be more humane Filipino – life in the Philippines will be more fun.

Source: "ғɪʟɪᴘɪɴᴏ ᴄʀᴀʙ ᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟɪᴛʏ" ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪ ʀᴏʙᴇʟɪɴᴀ ᴅ. ʀᴇᴛᴜʏᴀ | ᴅᴇғɪɴɪᴛᴇʟʏғɪʟɪᴘɪɴᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ

Inggit. Inggit sa trabaho, inggit sa matataas na marka ng klasmeyt mo, inggit sa good reputation nila, etc. It is one of the deadly sins. Isa sa ugali ng tao na kayang manakit ng iba. One of the reason kung bakit hindi umuunlad yung buhay ng isang tao pati 'tong bayan natin. Puro nalang inggit. Inggit. Inggit. At ito rin ay isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit nagkaroon ng "Crab Mentality"

Those fellow crabs work out with their claws just to make you feel so small. They pinch and pinch every part of you just to bring you down. Then pag nandun kana sa nais nilang kalugmukan mo, they will try to choke you in with their aggressiveness and boastfulness. I seriously hate this kind of people, napaka insensitive. Like they don't care what you feel. Selfish :'( What saddens me the most is fellow countrymen pa natin yung pilit na tumutulak sa atin pababa. Mga utak talangka.

Funny example: "Okay lang kung bagsak ako, basta ba bagsak din ang mga tropa ko. Damay damay na 'to hahahaha." :):)

Basta remember na: If people are trying to bring you DOWN it only means that you are way ABOVE them. Always be at your best nalang diba :) and if nasa reverse situation tayo, uhm subukan nalang maging masaya para sa iba, malay natin, baka maging masaya rin tayo :)
Great share ts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Inggit. Inggit sa trabaho, inggit sa matataas na marka ng klasmeyt mo, inggit sa good reputation nila, etc. It is one of the deadly sins. Isa sa ugali ng tao na kayang manakit ng iba. One of the reason kung bakit hindi umuunlad yung buhay ng isang tao pati 'tong bayan natin. Puro nalang inggit. Inggit. Inggit. At ito rin ay isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit nagkaroon ng "Crab Mentality"

Those fellow crabs work out with their claws just to make you feel so small. They pinch and pinch every part of you just to bring you down. Then pag nandun kana sa nais nilang kalugmukan mo, they will try to choke you in with their aggressiveness and boastfulness. I seriously hate this kind of people, napaka insensitive. Like they don't care what you feel. Selfish :'( What saddens me the most is fellow countrymen pa natin yung pilit na tumutulak sa atin pababa. Mga utak talangka.

Funny example: "Okay lang kung bagsak ako, basta ba bagsak din ang mga tropa ko. Damay damay na 'to hahahaha." :):)

Basta remember na: If people are trying to bring you DOWN it only means that you are way ABOVE them. Always be at your best nalang diba :) and if nasa reverse situation tayo, uhm subukan nalang maging masaya para sa iba, malay natin, baka maging masaya rin tayo :)
Great share ts!
Hahaha essay na to ah. Buti pa dito, napakarami mong salita pero pag essay exam na sa Law wala xD (this comment is another example of crab mentality lmao)

Is there a "Captain Obvious v Dorkus_Malorkus" happening?
Kasi parang lagi kayong nagbabangayan eh...
[ jk ] :)
Parkenstacker are you going to be the referee? LOL. Nope. Likas ng masungit 'yang si mareng Dorkas hahaha. Guilty kase (yiiiiiiiiii)
Medyo out of topic pala comments ko :)
Nakakalungkot pero may mga tao talagang hihilahin ka pababa. Meron ding iaangat ka pataas. May iba na itutulak ka pa kaliwa upang ika'y masagasaan ng rumaragasang sasakyan. At meron din namang itutulak ka pa kanan upang ika'y mailigtas. Ngunit nasasa'yo pa rin ang desisyon kung iuusad mo ang iyong sarili paabante o paatras.

Parkenstacker are you going to be the referee? LOL. Nope. Likas ng masungit 'yang si mareng Dorkas hahaha. Guilty kase (yiiiiiiiiii)
Nakakalungkot pero may mga tao talagang hihilahin ka pababa. Meron ding iaangat ka pataas. May iba na itutulak ka pa kaliwa upang ika'y masagasaan ng rumaragasang sasakyan. At meron din namang itutulak ka pa kanan upang ika'y mailigtas. Ngunit nasasa'yo pa rin ang desisyon kung iuusad mo ang iyong sarili paabante o paatras.

Hmm...
Kung may pa-meryenda ang pagiging referee ko, sige lang. Haha

Hmm...
Kung may pa-meryenda ang pagiging referee ko, sige lang. Haha
ako nalang po yung referee, kayo nalang mag-away. fries lang sapat na huhu. (parkie, captain is a snitch. magaling sa pag spread ng fake news. ingat ka ahahhaha)

Status
Not open for further replies.