What's new

Closed Filipino desserts

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeanh

Suman Moron (Chocolate Moron)

907242202_SumanMoron.jpg
Suman Moron is a smoother variety of suman. This chocolate moron that is made up of groundglutinous rice also known as “malagkit” being cooked in coconut milk. Moron can either be mixed or plain with cocoa or chocolate.

Ingredients :

• 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous) rice
  • 1-1/2 cup ordinary rice
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1-1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate or cocoa (any brand)
  • banana leaves, wilted over fire
  • melted butter
  • string
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Cooking Procedures :

1. Soak over night the malagkit and ordinary rice. Grind the following day.
  2. Soak both ground rice in coconut milk until soft. Add sugar and the chocolate.
  3. Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Set aside and cool.
  4. Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating by over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
  5. Put 2 tbsp. of the mixture in every wrap. Tie with string. Repeat until all are wrapped.
  6. Cook/steam for half an hour in a double boiler container or a steamer.

Buchi

buchi.jpg

Ingredients :

• 1 cup rice, uncooked
  • 1/2 cup mongo
  • sugar
  • water
  • oil, for deep frying
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Cooking Procedures :

1. Soak rice overnight in water, then grind. Wrap in cheesecloth and hang to drip. On the other hand, boil mongo and mash.
  2. Dissolve 1/3 cup sugar in 1/8 cupwater, then add mixture to mashed mongo. Cook over medium heat until dry. Allow to cool, then shape into small balls. Set aside.
  3. Dissolve 2 tbsp. sugar in 2 tbsp. water. Add to dry ground rice. Mash and form into small balls.
  4. Flatten each ball of rice dough, and spread out thinly. Place ball of mongo on top of rice dough, then carefully wrap to form into a shape of ball.
  5. Fry in deep medium-high oil until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!

Guinataang Bilo-Bilo

bilobilo.jpg

Ingredients :

• 1 cup glutinous rice flour
  • 1/2 cup dried tapioca pearls
  • 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
  • 10 cups water
  • 2-1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 ripe saba (plantain) bananas, sliced into rounds
  • 5 fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into strips

Cooking Procedures :

1. Prepare Bilo-bilo (Rice Balls): Combine rice flour with 4 tbsp. water in a bowl; mix well. Form into small balls, about 1/2 in. diameter. In a pot, pour 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Drop each balls in the boiling water; cook for 5 minutes or until they float. Remove rice balls; set aside.
  2. Boil tapioca pearls in the same pot over medium heat until soft and translucent. Drain and set aside.
  3. In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add cooked tapioca, sugar and cooked rice balls; cook for 10 minutes.
  4. Add jackfruit strips and banana rounds; cook for 5 minutes until everything is tender. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for another 3 minutes.
  5. Ladle onto individual bowls; serve warm or chilled this guinataang bilo-bilo.
  6. Serves 4.

Maruya I (Banana Fritters)

maruya1.jpg

This version of Maruya is one that I usually buy for my merienda when I was in the Philippines. I sometimes buy them in a bamboo stick or in a hand fan shape coated with sugar. But their where times that after siesta, my mom will cook us maruya in our merienda before playing outside during summer time.

Ingredients :

• 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 ripe saba (banana plantain), peeled and sliced lengthwise
  • 2 cups vegetable oil
  • flour, for dredging · sugar

Cooking Procedures :

1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and egg, beat until smooth.
  2. Heat oil in a frying pan (or a large saucepan) over medium heat.
  3. In batches, roll banana slices in flour and then dip in batter. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
  4. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar. Place in a serving dish and serve.

Attachments

Dear @Jeanh,

Since 2 years have passed since the last reply in this thread, I am locking it to prevent necroposting. Feel free to start a new thread or contact any forum staff if you want this to be reopened.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.