What's new

Established Member: Restrictions, Permissions, and Extra features

Why can't I do certain things?
For safety reasons, new users and inactive members are somewhat limited. As you participate here, you'll gain the trust of the community and become a full PHCitizen, and those limitations will automatically be removed.

Established members are members that have a few extra features because they have contributed something useful to this site. It's actually not hard to become an established member, but it does require some minimal effort.

Established Basic RequirementsRegistered for at least 30 daysRegistered for at least 3 years
Minimum trophy points88
Maintain to keep your account Established
Posted at least5 posts in the last 30 days5 posts in the last 60 days
Posted at least1 thread last 30 days1 thread last 4 months

• Posts and threads are required.
  • It can take up to an hour for the promotion to happen
    (There is an hourly process that checks for promotions for users that have visited the site recently.)

Spoiler contents are visible only to Established Members.
Spoiler contents are visible only to Established Members.

Usergroup color and badge icon for Established
4143832_1597073714113.png

Short URL
phcorner.net/established
phc.onl/established

Attachments

Draft,
Meron akong naisip kung sakali for review regarding the old registered members.
Since some threads are specific (like a movie, an ebook...) and some threads cover a wide range of coverage/topics, di ba pwede na if a thread or a certain number of threads are being updated within the last 60 days is enough to make that member established (plus the required posts per user) since it still shows he is active. Am I right?
Ang logic ko kasi dito, all posts and threads are treated the same based on frequency counts only. Wala siyang distinction. Napansin ko kasi, kahit active sa discussions, providing ideas ...ang isang member, thru the whole grace period, kapag nag-expire na yung 1 new thread/60 days, he'll be automatically become un-established. Parang may mali yata doon!
Rule based kasi and method, and I know its difficult kung gawing value-based or a hybrid dahil magiging complicated para sa moderators. But it all depends on how you manage it. This is just my observation.
For a rule-based scheme, my suggestion is if a member maintains/updates/revives any of his/her still live thread adding content (or post) every 60 days as well as a total of 5 posts within that duration, he/she is still considered an active "established" member of the forum.
Just my 2 cents pakner.

di ba pwede na if a thread or a certain number of threads are being updated within the last 60 days is enough to make that member established
Magandang idea naman po yang suggestion ninyo, pero yung promotion natin sa backend ay automated po yan at unfortunately hindi possible na ma count as active thread ang old threads ng user.
Maybe possible with custom development, but not sure yet paano ko gawin.

Noted po yan, at hopefully magawan ko ng paraan in the future updates.

Magandang idea naman po yang suggestion ninyo, pero yung promotion natin sa backend ay automated po yan at unfortunately hindi possible na ma count as active thread ang old threads ng user.
Maybe possible with custom development, but not sure yet paano ko gawin.

Noted po yan, at hopefully magawan ko ng paraan in the future updates.
Thanks for taking into consideration. Alam ko namang iba-iba talaga ang guidelines and policies sa mga forums. That, I have to accept. I'm just bothered when I'm here almost everyday posting, then suddenly I see I'm not established anymore he he. Hindi ko rin alam kung paano i-consider ang old thread. Base sa rule, ang logic ko is +2 months yan.
Anyway, regardless of what I said earlier, ang naisip ko sa unang sinabi mo ay ito:
Naalala ko na may binanggit ka noon na NEW "You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.". Kung creating a thread is 1 point and "receiving a reaction" is 0.10 point, then accumulating 10 reactions is considered creating a thread. Kung magawa yan ng user, exempted na siya sa 1 thread after 60 days. Baka dito sa 10 reactions or 1 trophy point/60days ay magkasundo tayo he he. This scheme will be a better alternative than forcing somebody to make irrelevant threads just to remain "established".

Naalala ko na may binanggit ka noon na NEW "Trophy Point System"
Complete and updated info tungkol dyan:
Trophies

Kung creating a thread is 1 point and "receiving a reaction" is 0.10 point, then accumulating 10 reactions is considered creating a thread. Kung magawa yan ng user, exempted na siya sa 1 thread after 60 days.
Pwede din, I think madali lang gawan ng custom backend changes yan para ma accommodate ang suggestion mo.
Lista ko muna ito sa todo-list ko at medyo busy pa talaga ngayon.

Mag post ako ng announcement later kung ma implement ko na ang changes na ito.